Please don't balance DF with core D&D classes!

Dragon Fist, Chris Pramas' fantasy RPG of high-flyin' martial arts action, is finally going to see print at the hands of Green Ronin. This forum is closed while the game is being re-developed.

Postby Lusiad » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:37 pm

Who said anything about starting Dragon Fist at level 10?

I used M&M as an example of a game that does not start at level 1, not because I think Dragon Fist should likewise start at level 10. It was an example. Mutants & Masterminds doesn't have to be balanced with any other game, but it still starts above 1st level and no one complains about that. If DF starts above level 1 (level 3, for instance, like in the original) so as to make it a d20 product compatible with other d20 products (like D&D or OA), then fine by me. Personally, thats what I'd prefer. But if it's an OGL or even non-OGL product, and it's still Dragon Fist, I'll still buy it.
Lusiad
Bystander
Bystander

Postby REG » Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:45 pm

Zapp wrote:
REG wrote:Trust me, dude. I have the original Chris Pramas' Dragon Fist downloaded, and starting characters begin play at level 3.

I'm not entirely sure whom you are refering to as "du-

* cuts you off *

It's you. 8)
Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

A Generation Kikaida Fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer
REG
Booster
Booster

Postby Falanor » Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:58 am

I'd personally like it if it was a M&M supplement myself. I'd enjoy mixing in Wuxia with Superheroes...course I'm a bit weird. :lol:
Falanor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby REG » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:16 pm

Well, I'm sure you can convert it to MnM, if you're willing to do the work ( :roll: ) yourself.

But the Dragon Fist that I know, that Chris Pramas originally wrote, I want it to retain that systematic feel. That's why my preference is d20.

A Generation Kikaida Fan

REG
Booster
Booster

Postby Lusiad » Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:29 pm

But the Dragon Fist that I know, that Chris Pramas originally wrote, I want it to retain that systematic feel. That's why my preference is d20.

abso-ahem-lutely
Lusiad
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Falanor » Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:36 pm

REG wrote:Well, I'm sure you can convert it to MnM, if you're willing to do the work ( :roll: ) yourself.

Silly me, and here I thought that Mutants and Masterminds was a D20 game...my mistake.
Falanor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Lusiad » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:17 pm

Are you being sarcastic?

Because if you are, allow me to remind you that Mutants & Masterminds is not d20. It's OGL, and there's a difference. In the case of M&M, it's a big one.
Lusiad
Bystander
Bystander

Postby REG » Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:32 am

Falanor wrote:
REG wrote:Well, I'm sure you can convert it to MnM, if you're willing to do the work ( :roll: ) yourself.

Silly me, and here I thought that Mutants and Masterminds was a D20 game...my mistake.

Well, it's not a d20-logo'ed product. :wink:

A Generation Kikaida Fan

REG
Booster
Booster

Previous

Return to Dragon Fist