The Sunless Citadel… True 20 style?

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

The Sunless Citadel… True 20 style?

Postby Nomad4life » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:49 pm

I don’t know if anything like this has already been attempted, but I’m planning to run the D&D 3.X adventure “The Sunless Citadel” over the season holidays…

In True 20.

That may sound like a great undertaking, but I remain optimistic. Really, most of the work will be in monster and trap conversions, as well as a few other changes. The adventure itself will just be run as-is.

I started converting some of the basic monsters and NPCs yesterday, using Dragonspawn’s notes as a starting point:

http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/viewto ... sc&start=0

I stated out goblins, orcs, gnolls, ogres, kobolds, and hobgoblins without much trouble. I had to sort of tweak around feats, skills, and equipment until finding something that “felt” right for this adventure, though. I’ve decided to let natural toughness convert directly into a toughness bonus, although I’m not sure if there’s an “official” ruling on that.

Although I’m only a day or so into this project, I’ve already got a few problems and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

1. My first problem is with quasits, water mephitis, and trolls. Has anyone tried making stats for these entries yet? They’re giving me a lot of trouble!

2. I’m a little concerned about how to handle character advancement; in the old module, the characters enter at level one and should be around level three by the time the module is over. I’m not really sure how to “mimic” this in True20, other than to assign “event points” in the module where the players “level up?” Does anyone have a better way of handling this? Basicly, I need some way to ensure that the characters will be strong enough to withstand the conclusion of the adventure by the time they get there.

Well, I have other problems of course (don’t even get me started on trying to convert a wyrmling dragon!?!) but I thought I’d see how reception to this thread went before blithering on.

Any help would be great. If you have no help to offer, a “good luck” would be appreciated anyway! ; )
Nomad4life
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:03 pm

White Rose Duelist has posted a first draft of his conversion of a white dragon wyrmling to his True20 Pernblog. Maybe that will help?
timemrick

Re: The Sunless Citadel… True 20 style?

Postby Eternalknight » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:59 pm

Nomad4life wrote:
Any help would be great. If you have no help to offer, a “good luck” would be appreciated anyway! ; )

Not enough time to do any conversions for you, so good luck! It isn't too difficult to convert existing material to True 20; I am doing this with the Age of Worms camapign myself.
Eternalknight
Bystander
Bystander

Return to True20 Archives