Flanking

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Flanking

Postby Zulgyan » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:01 pm

I'll include the flanking rule, just as written from d20 to my True20 campaing. I know it will much better in True20, but I like the taste of it. Trying to handle 2 foes will be much more threatning

Any suggestion?
Zulgyan
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Flanking

Postby Warzen » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:21 am

Zulgyan wrote:I'll include the flanking rule, just as written from d20 to my True20 campaing. I know it will much better in True20, but I like the taste of it. Trying to handle 2 foes will be much more threatning

Any suggestion?

Do you mean just a +2 to attack or other things ?

W.
Warzen
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zulgyan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:27 am

From SDR:

Flanking
When making a melee attack, you get a +2 flanking bonus if your opponent is threatened by a character or creature friendly to you on the opponent’s opposite border or opposite corner.

When in doubt about whether two friendly characters flank an opponent in the middle, trace an imaginary line between the two friendly characters’ centers. If the line passes through opposite borders of the opponent’s space (including corners of those borders), then the opponent is flanked.

Exception: If a flanker takes up more than 1 square, it gets the flanking bonus if any square it occupies counts for flanking.

Only a creature or character that threatens the defender can help an attacker get a flanking bonus.

Creatures with a reach of 0 feet can’t flank an opponent.

I'll use this
Zulgyan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Warzen » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:32 am

It's fine. Remember too that from certain angle the defenser can't use his shield.

W.
Warzen
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zulgyan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:39 am

That would mean including "facing" rules. The do not exist in d20 or True20 and i'll keep it like that.
Zulgyan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Warzen » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:41 am

Zulgyan wrote:That would mean including "facing" rules. The do not exist in d20 or True20 and i'll keep it like that.

Sorry, sometimes I'm mixing rules from different RPGs without noticing it.

W.
Warzen
Bystander
Bystander

Return to True20 Archives