Skills House Rule

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Skills House Rule

Postby Zulgyan » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:46 pm

In order to give a solution to the "you know or ignore" question in skills, I house ruled as following:

Skills at 1st lvl: RAW

Skills beyond 1st lvl adquired by mix-roling with expert or by taking Skill Training Feat:

1. Skills begin with only 1 rank

2. You can increase your ranks in 3 ways:

a. Increase one point by acomplishing or failing (you also learn by your errors and bad experiences :wink: ) a challange that requires the use of that skill in an adventure situation. DM can choose not to grant the rank if he considers that the use of the skill was useless and the player only intented to gain the rank.

b. Increase one point per day of training in the use of that skill. The ways of training can vary from skill to skill and DM determines the ways and requirements of training.

c. Increase one point in all skills everytime you gain a lvl (as the normal rules say)

3. You can increase ranks up to 3+char lvl.

That's it. Excuse my horrible english. :wink:
Zulgyan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby langeweile » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:53 pm

nice idea - a deal more bookkeeping, but some players will like the added realism.
langeweile
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Zulgyan » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:56 pm

a deal more bookkeeping
ç

yep, your right. Any ideas to give this a solution? I mean, practical ideas, not changing esence of the houserule
Zulgyan
Bystander
Bystander

Postby langeweile » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:01 pm

counting dice, markers, even coins - just increase by 1 until you reach level+3 ranks ;-)
langeweile
Cohort
Cohort

Return to True20 Archives