Using Blue Rose magic in a True20 game

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Using Blue Rose magic in a True20 game

Postby Michael Tree » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:12 am

I've been considering the differences between these two games, and I've come to the conclusion that I like True20's basic mechanics better, but prefer Blue Rose's more detailed and flavorful arcana system (minus the Corruption).

If I combine those two, are there any hidden problems that I should look for? Would Blue Rose magic be too powerful in a game where damage saves don't increase? Are there any significant differences between the powers of the two systems, aside from the way they are gained?

Edit: It just occurred to me that, rather than incorporating BR's whole magic system, it might be easier to just alter the way you gain powers in True20. Bring in the arcane talents, with a list of the powers that are included under each, and have powers be gained through the arcane training feat, not through the power feat. Then bring in the Talent and Wild Talent feats from Blue Rose, and you're golden.
Michael Tree
Cohort
Cohort

Postby skywalker » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:57 am

No real differences. You will need to make a decision on how to determine Arcana ranks as True 20 doesn't reward increasing in non-Adept levels while BR does. This gives BR a more magic feel. However, it can also make the feat Arcanum seem very powerful.
[b]Playing:[/b] Lure of the Expanse (Rogue Trader)
[b]Running:[/b] Unbridled Blade (Atlantis: The Second Age)
[b]Planning:[/b] None
skywalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Return to True20 Archives