How often do you game a week?

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

How often do you game a week?

Postby Alazne » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:57 am

Just curious, but I was wondering how often during the week people on here game, and if the advent of "easier" systems, such as True 20, has made it easier to game more often? I myself game 5 nights a week, usually for between 2 and 4 hours at a time (did I mention we don't have cable? :D ), with anywhere from 1 other person to five other people, depending.

Curious to see what others do! :green:
In every life, some rain must fall, so go buy some boots and splash in the puddles!
Alazne
Cohort
Cohort

Postby GoRocket » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:22 am

Wow.

I'm lucky if I can game once a week, and it has little or nothing to do with my TV watching habits. I am a writer working on (usually) several major projects at once, and the rest of my gaming group is far too busy to meet more than once a week on average.

I envy your ability to game so regularly, though I wonder if I would get burned out after more than a few weeks of that.
GoRocket
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Seeker of Truth » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:53 am

I myself like to game about once a week, I find that more cuts into my studies too much, and since I'm goin to an expensive and competitive college, mostly on scholarship, I need those grades to stay up.

GoRocket wrote:I envy your ability to game so regularly, though I wonder if I would get burned out after more than a few weeks of that.

I did that once GoRocket; me and my friends had a week off from school and played a mini D&D campaign, we figured, if we liked it, we'd keep it goin. We played for about 5 hours a day, four days straight, and I just got drained by it.
People are Stupid
- Wizard's First Rule

I'm a gambler, a farmer, and I'm taking over your bloody army!
- Mat Cauthon

Ryle hira
- Lirin saying

And yes, I do know how much of a corrupted fantasy geek I am. Thank you ;)
Seeker of Truth
Bystander
Bystander

Postby The Shadow » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:54 am

I'm currently gaming once a week, but that's more due to having a reliable GM and players. Before that, it varied quite a lot, with long stretches of nothing.

I don't think the system makes that much difference, unless you're the GM. Even then, I've found when GMing that most of the work goes into the plot, not statting characters.

Five times a week? That's crazy talk. :)
"All right, I am not the Shadow. You have nothing at all to worry about. Except, oh, wait, I'm pointing a gun at you."

--The Shadow
The Shadow
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby skywalker » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:23 pm

Twice a week for 3 hours each. Though I am currently running both games which I tend to avoid. However, it all seems to be working so far.
[b]Playing:[/b] Lure of the Expanse (Rogue Trader)
[b]Running:[/b] Unbridled Blade (Atlantis: The Second Age)
[b]Planning:[/b] None
skywalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Alazne » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:53 pm

Actually, five nights a week is easy if it's just me and my husband, or my online group. I run about twice a week. Our big group only gets together table top once a week, unless there's a special reason (we do have two nights weeks sometimes). I actually game more now than I did in the mid 80's, in college. :P

Although...I'm expecting my gaming time to be cut after next St. Patrick's Day, when we have our first child! :green:
In every life, some rain must fall, so go buy some boots and splash in the puddles!
Alazne
Cohort
Cohort

Postby timemrick » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:37 pm

Before parenthood, I was usually in 2-3 games per week (usually GMing one of them), though some were fortnightly rather than weekly.

When we just had one baby, I was usually running one game and playing in one other (both weekly). I might have been able to stay in a third game if it hadn't been in the middle of the week.

Our 2nd kid is now 2 months old, and I've just recently started looking for a new game to join. I'll probably only do one long-term game for a while, and maybe not even that right away. I also plan to play (or run) some one-shots or mini-series to try out new systems and groups. When I think my schedule can handle it, and have something ready to go, I'll start GMing regularly again; at that point, I almost certainly won't be able to do more than one other game.
timemrick

Postby Melon-neko » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:31 am

i get to play like..once every 6 months >.>
~Melon-neko
Melon-neko
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Kommando » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:42 pm

We play about once a week, sometimes twice if the scheduling gods are smiling on us.
Kommando
Bystander
Bystander

Return to True20 Archives