New Feat Categories

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Postby Bhikku » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:37 pm

Well JBowtie, don't get me wrong. Most of the background abilities are simply racial abilities, straight out of Blue Rose or the SRD. However, in order to avoid making certain backgrounds too darn useful to pass up, some of 'em require a bit of effort and choice. For instance, a character might have Bite and Scent as favored feats - meaning he has teeth that can be used as natural weapons, but doing so is a special feat (calling for Conviction), which can be performed on a regular basis with training or experience (selecting the feat). Same with Scent. The ability is there, but needs training to be useful, or else can be called on at dramatic moments. (Imagine the Buffy episode, "Lover's Walk," when Oz discovers he can smell Willow's fear just by driving past the industrial park where she's being held captive. The capacity always exists in him as a "residual werewolf thing," but it's not something he knows how to use all the time.)

But anywya, I'll look forward to your campaign outline.

And ooh! I'd also like to hear about this Buck/Flash -style scifi GoRocket is doing. I've been kind of in the mood for something like that. I wish there were some comics or more games in print right now that captured that kind of flavor.
No kitten is going to tell me what to do. I'll fall off this branch to my death if I feel like it!
Bhikku
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby GoRocket » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:49 am

Bhikku wrote:And ooh! I'd also like to hear about this Buck/Flash -style scifi GoRocket is doing. I've been kind of in the mood for something like that. I wish there were some comics or more games in print right now that captured that kind of flavor.

I don't know how much I can really say about the project, but here is an extremely brief overview. Note that this has been submitted for the True20 Settings competition.

The setting is intended to be space fantasy. Characters are members of the alliance headed by Earth to thwart evil forces bent on conquering the galaxy. Humans dominate for the most part, although there are a few alien races.

It is action-oriented, and fun takes a front seat in place of "realism". Space combat is meant to be quick and painless to run, and is as close to normal True20 combat as possible.

There will be robots, space pirates, bug-eyed monsters, and evil masterminds. Should be lots for the players to do in this setting, since it's fairly wide open. The Narrator is encouraged to make up whatever he/she likes to make the game more fun and exciting. The "Wow" factor is VERY important (much moreso than sticking to the printed word).

That's about all I can say at this point. I hope to be able to reveal more soon.
GoRocket
Dabbler
Dabbler

Previous

Return to True20 Archives