True 20 pdf errata

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Postby timemrick » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:40 am

As many of you may know from other fora, I usually compile an unofficial "Errata & Notes" page for each Green Ronin book I acquire. (See the link in my sig.) I plan to do the same with True20 Adventure Roleplaying, but the birth of our second child last week will delay that somewhat.

So keep the errata and other questions coming, and whatever GR doesn't fix before I complete my page I will try to address there.
timemrick

Postby timemrick » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:42 pm

KyleC wrote:I've seen threads like this before where the original poster would continually edit the first message in the thread listing all the errata people have found so far. You might consider doing something similar. It would make it easier to see what people have already caught without having to read through the entire thread each time.

A very good idea, but I'd also appreciate it if the edits included the username of the poster who first mentioned each new problem. You see, on my "Errata & Notes" pages, I try to give credit where credit is due, and while it's handy to have the full list summarized in one place, I still have to scroll through the whole thread to check to whom I should attribute each item. If that's more work than you want to do, carpedavid, that's fine--I've already done it for my own benefit for everything posted up through now anyway. (That was today's labor of love. Tomorrow I start combing through other True20 threads...)

My unofficial errata page will be pretty long, so when it's done, I will likely just post a link here rather than the full text. Part of the reason it's so long is that I've already done a similar commentary on Blue Rose, from which most of True20 is derived, and thus with a little editing, I could re-use well over half of that file. :yar: That length also means I won't be commenting much on errata here until then.
timemrick

Postby timemrick » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:47 pm

corwyn wrote:I'm not sure if this is errata or not but...

Some powers (Enhanced Senses, Heart Reading) refer to a "Wisdom" attribute, but it doesn't seem to be defined anywhere.

It is errata. In Blue Rose, each power (called "arcana" there) was associated with a specific key ability, rather than the adept choosing one for all his powers. In the True20 PDF, these obsolete key ability entries should have been deleted. Ignore the ones that weren't.
timemrick

Postby timemrick » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:18 am

I've posted v.1.0 of my Errata & Notes page for True20 Adventure Roleplaying:

http://www.geocities.com/thastygliax/d2 ... rue20.html

As far as I know, I've included all comments from the Blue Rose and True20 forums that I found relevant (with credit given), but if I've missed any, please email me.
timemrick

Postby LeaderDesslok » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:22 am

Page 12: Under the Traits listings for warriors, they are listed as having Armor Training (light & heavy) feats but not Armor Training (medium).

In keeping it fairly close to the original fighter class, I'm guessing it should probably read Armor Training (all), but it is also possible the intention was to be Armor Training (light & medium). Any ideas?
Michael Thompson
D20 Mechanics Editor
Silven Publishing
www.silven.com
LeaderDesslok
Bystander
Bystander

Postby skywalker » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:47 pm

LeaderDesslok wrote:Page 12: Under the Traits listings for warriors, they are listed as having Armor Training (light & heavy) feats but not Armor Training (medium).

In keeping it fairly close to the original fighter class, I'm guessing it should probably read Armor Training (all), but it is also possible the intention was to be Armor Training (light & medium). Any ideas?

Steve confirmed on this forum that there is no Armour Training (medium) Feat any more. Armour Training (heavy) covers the use of medium and heavy armour.
skywalker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby LeaderDesslok » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:42 am

skywalker wrote:Steve confirmed on this forum that there is no Armour Training (medium) Feat any more. Armour Training (heavy) covers the use of medium and heavy armour.

Oh, I guess I missed it when I read through the forums. I do see now that the Armor Training feat lists only Light and Heavy, but I haven't found anyplace in the book where it actually says Armor Training (heavy) covers both medium and heavy armor. I guess that's my errata, lack of clarity. :)

Thanks for the reply.
Michael Thompson
D20 Mechanics Editor
Silven Publishing
www.silven.com
LeaderDesslok
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:19 pm

LeaderDesslok wrote:
skywalker wrote:Steve confirmed on this forum that there is no Armour Training (medium) Feat any more. Armour Training (heavy) covers the use of medium and heavy armour.

Oh, I guess I missed it when I read through the forums.

No, you didn't...because it was on the Blue Rose forums. :wink: (When I was compiling my "Errata & Notes" page, I knew he had answered that question somewhere, but it took me a while to track it down so I could quote it.)
timemrick

Postby Tim Gray » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:46 am

Is lack of a Boating skill considered an error? Seems like an obvious hole.
Tim Gray
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby timemrick » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:48 am

Tim Gray wrote:Is lack of a Boating skill considered an error? Seems like an obvious hole.

Use Drive in the Modern Skills section (Appendix I). That covers all water and ground vehicles. (Yes, it's a little annoying that you have to pull from the appendix for something so common in fantasy adventuring.) If you want to make it sound more appropriate for a low-tech game, just rename it Boating or Sailing and ignore its application to higher-tech vehicles.
timemrick

Postby timemrick » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:56 am

I have just finished creating a new "Errata & Notes" page to cover the newly revised True20 PDF and the print "Preview Edition" that was sold at GenCon:

http://www.geocities.com/thastygliax/d2 ... ue20b.html

As far as I can tell, these two new documents are identical except that the PDF fixes most of the incorrect page references that crept into the Preview Edition due to the insertion of two pages on Backgrounds. My E&N page therefore includes a list of those fixed cross-references for the benefit of those of you who bought the print version at GenCon.
timemrick

Postby Zapp » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:24 am

Doesn't this thread deserve to be stickied?
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby wulf » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:43 am

Not sure if it's actually wrong, but the firearms table doesn't include a Critical modifier column. Are they all +3?

Wulf
wulf
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby timemrick » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:38 pm

wulf wrote:Not sure if it's actually wrong, but the firearms table doesn't include a Critical modifier column. Are they all +3?

It gives a Critical column, which doesn't include the damage modifier. My best guess is that the modifier should be +3, because this table was most likely converted/adapted from a d20 source where the crit was simply the "20" given here, which converts to +3 in True20.
timemrick

Postby Tim Gray » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:47 am

Maybe Tim spotted this already, but the 2nd and third pages of the Feats summary list use the rather odd "con't" for continued rather than "cont'd" or "cont."
Tim Gray
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Tim Gray » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:00 am

Errata errata!

In the Wealth section, the Aid Another bit of my older printout talks about a fixed +2 bonus if you successfully help someone to buy something. The errata document says this should instead refer to the standard rule for aiding another on page 3, and this change is made in the revised pdf.

Sadly, the relevant information is on page 5.
Tim Gray
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Tim Gray » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:22 pm

Spotted in passing in the Earth Shaping power:

"Move Earth (Difficulty 10): ... Every 150-foot square (up to 10 feet deep), takes 10 minutes and increases the Difficulty by 5. The maximum area, 900 feet by 900 feet, takes an hour and is Difficulty 40."

But a 900ft square area is made up of 36 150ft squares, which suggests it should take 6 hours (360 minutes), and be difficulty 185!

(Even the basic figures in the text are wrong. If you multiply the area by 6 to get duration of an hour, you'd only add 5 increments of 5 on to the base difficulty of 10.)
Tim Gray
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Tim Gray » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:31 pm

timemrick wrote:
Tim Gray wrote:Is lack of a Boating skill considered an error? Seems like an obvious hole.

Use Drive in the Modern Skills section (Appendix I). That covers all water and ground vehicles. (Yes, it's a little annoying that you have to pull from the appendix for something so common in fantasy adventuring.)

Just found, or refound, this reply. Heh. In my setting submission I made a point of adding a new Pilot skill, taken for a specified vehicle type, and have used it in conversation as an example of what needed fixing in the pdf - not twigging that Drive and Pilot appear in the modern appendix. But yes, I say they should be in the standard skill list, and I also say that there's no need for two separate skills and that the attribute should be Int, not Dex as listed (quick thinking more than physical coordination).
Tim Gray
Dabbler
Dabbler

Previous

Return to True20 Archives