More Conversion Notes please...

This forum has been locked to further posting but will be maintained here as an archive. Please visit http://true20.com for the True20 and Blue Rose forums.

Moderator: Super Moderators

More Conversion Notes please...

Postby Yldarr » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:03 pm

Hey GR, great work!

I have many of your products.
I love the setting materials and implementation of d20 rules you created in those works; I don't love d20.

The conversion notes in the back of BR are great for quick, basic conversions, but I'd like to see something more specific.

If this (True20) is not going to be a new house rule system then you should provide PDF's or books concerning conversions of your Mythic Vistas line to True20.

On the Blue Rose site, I saw in the new article that The Aldea worldbook will contain info about distant lands (some of your other settings?) and hope this will lean in the direction I'm asking.

d20 is a bad dream, the Truth is out there...True20.
Yldarr
Yldarr
Bystander
Bystander

Re: More Conversion Notes please...

Postby kallisti_dk » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:03 am

Nisarg wrote:
Yldarr wrote:Hey GR, great work!

On the Blue Rose site, I saw in the new article that The Aldea worldbook will contain info about distant lands (some of your other settings?) and hope this will lean in the direction I'm asking.

Yldarr

I don't wanna stifle you, and a lot of what you've written so far is really interesting Yldarr, but this forum was specifically designed as a place NOT to talk about the Aldea/Aldis setting. This is true20 apart from Blue Rose.

I agree that there should be a more thorough conversion done. There's a lot of things that need converting. Monsters, characters, costs for items (that's a big one for me!), magic items, etc etc.

I'm still not totally clear on how the monsters are converted, even.. what kind of toughness bonus does a monster with 8 hit dice (d eight) with a +3 con bonus have?
What about a monster with 10 hit dice (d6) with a +1 con bonus?

Nisarg

I have a suggestion here. Since PC roles have the same values for attack bonuses and toughness, I suppose monsters would follow that guideline as well. So dragons, outsiders and monstrous humanoids get the warrior toughness bonus. Undead and fey get the adept toughness bonus. The rest get the expert toughness bonus.

I guess undead should be an exception here, since they use d12, so you might want to use a higher category.
kallisti_dk
Bystander
Bystander

Re: More Conversion Notes please...

Postby Yldarr » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:31 am

Nisarg wrote:
Yldarr wrote:Hey GR, great work!

Yldarr

I don't wanna stifle you, and a lot of what you've written so far is really interesting Yldarr, but this forum was specifically designed as a place NOT to talk about the Aldea/Aldis setting. This is true20 apart from Blue Rose.

I agree that there should be a more thorough conversion done. There's a lot of things that need converting. Monsters, characters, costs for items (that's a big one for me!), magic items, etc etc.

I'm still not totally clear on how the monsters are converted, even.. what kind of toughness bonus does a monster with 8 hit dice (d eight) with a +3 con bonus have?
What about a monster with 10 hit dice (d6) with a +1 con bonus?

Nisarg

Stifle?...You're not (I hope since this is an open forum).
If you read my posts thus far then you saw that, yes I was mentioning BR, but only as a bridge to the topic at hand, True20.
After all, that's where it started/came from (not including M&M as a precursor).
I am NOT here (as you put it) to talk about BR, I'm here to expand the possiblities of True20 just like you.
Specifically, my mentioning of the BR worldbook was to incite interest in other lands which MAY be other GR products (like Mythic Vistas).
This is mentioned in the article on the BR site and it does indeed lead to conversion possiblities of other produtcs and/or new products.

So, just to clarify, I will NOT be talking about BR, but I MAY mention it where it's inclusion in my disscusion furthers my goal of expanding the idea of True20.

We're on the same sheet of music...don't worry!

Yldarr
Yldarr
Bystander
Bystander

Return to True20 Archives