Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby wulf » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:08 pm

it's not THAT big, but it's not bad for an unexpected email!

First problem (probably my ignorance). When defining a power as an extra linked to another power, I can't get the Extra or Stunt boxes highlighted... and when I create an Energy Blast power, nothing shows up in the Damage Bonus box.

Is it me or...

EDIT: or is it that I'm using Excel 97, while you're using something more up to date?

Wulf
Last edited by wulf on Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wulf
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Lazy Eight » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:32 pm

I created an account just to ask for the sheet. :D So, me too, please.

pen_name@pacbell.net
Lazy Eight
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Wolverine-X » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:36 pm

wulf wrote:it's not THAT big, but it's not bad for an unexpected email!

First problem (probably my ignorance). When defining a power as an extra linked to another power, I can't get the Extra or Stunt boxes highlighted... and when I create an Energy Blast power, nothing shows up in the Damage Bonus box.

Is it me or...

Wulf

Wulf,

I've checked the Extra/Power Stunt boxes and they work fine...they are both CHECK BOXES. So, just click in the box and a Check Mark should appear. If that doesn't work I'm not sure what to tell you...I've tried this program on three different computers and it worked fine on every computer and I've also tried it with different verions of Excel...and it worked. Give it another try and let me know if it works.

As for DAMAGE BONUSES...I haven't fully integrated that feature yet, but as far as Energy Blast is concerned (or any power for that matter) just enter in the Ranks for the Power and it will show you what the Save DC is...so if you had Energy Blast +5 it would show you the appropriate Save DC for this power.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby wulf » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:56 pm

My first reply disappeared, sorry if this is a duplicate...

Damage Bonus: No problem

Check Boxes: problem... what font are you using (wild guess...)? What else can I check to tell if it's worked, but just not displayed? the Check Boxes DO seem to work (the border darkens when clicked on), but no mark appears.

EDIT: the cost of a power checked as an Extra doesn't change. It should drop by 1 per level, shouldn't it? So I believe the checks are not working for me.

Wulf
Last edited by wulf on Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wulf
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Stryke » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:08 pm

Hey Wolverine-X,

I might jump on this bandwagon and ask if you could forward one to me as well please?

Many Thanks :D

ic1971@optushome.com.au
Stryke
Bystander
Bystander

Postby i3ullseye » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:23 pm

ok, get me one at work and i can verify very current form of excel on both PC and mac for ya! :)

i3ullseye@hotmail.com
i3ullseye

~"You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!"
http://murpg.proboards19.com
i3ullseye
Henchman
Henchman

Postby muaddip » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:25 pm

I definately would like a copy of this as well, if you wouldn't mind sending it my way that is.

Thanks

muaddip@att.net
muaddip
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Wolverine-X » Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:01 pm

wulf wrote:My first reply disappeared, sorry if this is a duplicate...

Damage Bonus: No problem

Check Boxes: problem... what font are you using (wild guess...)? What else can I check to tell if it's worked, but just not displayed? the Check Boxes DO seem to work (the border darkens when clicked on), but no mark appears.

EDIT: the cost of a power checked as an Extra doesn't change. It should drop by 1 per level, shouldn't it? So I believe the checks are not working for me.

Wulf

First, lets make sure of one thing...are you checking the right boxes? Each Power Description Box has 5 rows. The Third row has 3 Boxes -- "Power Stunt", "Extras" and "Flaws"...these are not check boxes.

I think I neglected to explain that in these boxes you enter the number of "Power Stunts", "Extras" and "Flaws" (that aren't actual Powers) that you want added to this power. So, for example if I had "Teleport" with the "Extended Teleport" Extra I would put a 1 in the Extra Box in row 3. The number listed in the "Cost/Rank" box will not change becuase that is the BASE cost of the power...however, when the POWER COST is calculated it will take all modifications into account. However, if I had the power "Force Field" and I wanted to add the Extra "Flight" to this power, I would not list it as an Extra in the description for "Force Field." Instead, I would make another power entry..."Flight". I would then go to the fifth row...which is labled POWER LINKAGE...and select from the drop down list in the first cell the power that "Force Field" linked to. Then I would select either the "Power Stunt" or "Extra" box...a check mark will appear when you make a selection. If you choose "Extra" the cost/rank for the power will be reduced by 1 and if you choose "Power Stunt" the cost of the power will be 2.

I hope this helps. :green:
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Wolverine-X » Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:05 pm

QUESTION:

To the people that I've sent copies of this character generator to...do you want me to send you updates/revisions as they become available? As I receive feedback/comments I will make changes/corrections as necessary...however, I don't want to send people updates if they do not want them.

Eventually, I will try to post this file and make the URL available...but until then e-mail will be my primary method of distribution.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Albert Deschesne » Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:22 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:QUESTION:

To the people that I've sent copies of this character generator to...do you want me to send you updates/revisions as they become available? As I receive feedback/comments I will make changes/corrections as necessary...however, I don't want to send people updates if they do not want them.

Eventually, I will try to post this file and make the URL available...but until then e-mail will be my primary method of distribution.

Not to be a nudge -- But I haven't gotten my copy, Wolvie. :green:
Albert Deschesne
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Brand_Robins » Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:48 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:QUESTION: To the people that I've sent copies of this character generator to...do you want me to send you updates/revisions as they become available?

I'd certainly be interested. Updates are all good by me.

Although, as Hotmail seems to be malfunctioning again, I'd like updates sent to Brand@spaceanddeath.com -- if that's cool with you.

(Actually, if you get a chance, I'd be very appreciative if you could sent the current version there too. Hotmail ate the first one, I think.)
Brand_Robins
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Wolverine-X » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:12 pm

Albert Deschesne wrote:Not to be a nudge -- But I haven't gotten my copy, Wolvie. :green:

Albert, the check is in the mail! :green:
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Mad props to the Wolverine.

Postby Brand_Robins » Sun Jan 19, 2003 4:19 pm

Wolverine-X, you are my new hero. The sheet looks wonderful.

Thanks!
Brand_Robins
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby rook111 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:04 pm

I would like updates for any new versions. everything seems to work so far. Excellent Job Wolverine-X
rook111
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Albert Deschesne » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:13 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:
Albert Deschesne wrote:Not to be a nudge -- But I haven't gotten my copy, Wolvie. :green:

Thanks -- I got it! Some minor errors:

You may want to run Spellcheck, as sidekicks (in the sidekicks or minions area on the first page) is spelled wrong. :green: And since the sheet is protected by password :roll: I can't fix it myself.

Also -- why are the bold skills, which are the trained only skills, pre-calculating when you don't have any points assigned -- shouldn't this be reversed, with the untrained skills pre-calculating and the trained skills only calcuating when you add a rank to them?

Super-Flight is missing from the drop down lists of powers. And since you cannot edit the field that the cost goes into, you have to make a work around.

Immunity is also missing from the drop down. Same problem as above.

As a thought, have you tried making the characters from the book with this generator? Because I'm getting all this just from making a character similar to Protonik.

I know this is a lot of work -- I wouldn't have even tried it while having a full time job. So I thank you for all the time you have spent so far on this and hope you take my criticism well.
Albert Deschesne
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Neo » Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:49 pm

Any chance I could get a copy of the Character sheet please?

marvel_deadpool@btopenworld.com
Mark "Neo" Howe

"Et Semel Emissum Volat Irevocabile Verbum"
http://www.neo-innovation.com/index.html
Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Wolverine-X » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:32 pm

Albert Deschesne wrote:
Wolverine-X wrote:

Thanks -- I got it! Some minor errors:

You may want to run Spellcheck, as sidekicks (in the sidekicks or minions area on the first page) is spelled wrong. :green: And since the sheet is protected by password :roll: I can't fix it myself.

Also -- why are the bold skills, which are the trained only skills, pre-calculating when you don't have any points assigned -- shouldn't this be reversed, with the untrained skills pre-calculating and the trained skills only calcuating when you add a rank to them?

Super-Flight is missing from the drop down lists of powers. And since you cannot edit the field that the cost goes into, you have to make a work around.

Immunity is also missing from the drop down. Same problem as above.

As a thought, have you tried making the characters from the book with this generator? Because I'm getting all this just from making a character similar to Protonik.

I know this is a lot of work -- I wouldn't have even tried it while having a full time job. So I thank you for all the time you have spent so far on this and hope you take my criticism well.

Albert,

Thanks for the feedback! No need to worry about your comments/critiques...I'm looking for feedback.

In regards to your comments, Immunity is a "Feat" and it is listed under the "Feats & Super-Feats" and "Super-Flight" is not a power...it is just an Extra for "Flight".
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Wolverine-X » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:37 pm

Oops! I didn't finish my reply before I hit submit. :)

As for the spell-checking I'll do that...to clean up those little annoying typos.

As for the Everyman/Trained Only skills...you are right, I flubbed it and switched the two. I'll have to correct that in a hurry!!!

Thanks for the feedback.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Albert Deschesne » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:40 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:
Albert,

Thanks for the feedback! No need to worry about your comments/critiques...I'm looking for feedback.

In regards to your comments, Immunity is a "Feat" and it is listed under the "Feats & Super-Feats" and "Super-Flight" is not a power...it is just an Extra for "Flight".

But -- Immunity can be bought as an extra and you get as many immunities as the rank of the power... Also, super-flight is listed as a stunt under protonik.

As I said look at the Iconics and the guys listed in the book and see if you can build them. Maybe include them in the sheet so we can see how they are made.

Also, what's the password?
Albert Deschesne
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Wolverine-X » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:48 pm

Albert Deschesne wrote:
But -- Immunity can be bought as an extra and you get as many immunities as the rank of the power... Also, super-flight is listed as a stunt under protonik.

As I said look at the Iconics and the guys listed in the book and see if you can build them. Maybe include them in the sheet so we can see how they are made.

You are correct Immunity can be bought as an Extra, but you will note that I did not try to list every extra in the book. In the case of someone buying an extra (for example 5 different Immunities) they would just list the number of extras they bought (in this case 5) in the Extra Box and type in the name of the extras they purchased. The same thing goes for Power Stunts (you're right it is actually a power stunt not an extra...but it is not a power). I only listed the powers. If a person wants a Power Stunt or Extra that is not a power (such as Super-Flight or Extended Teleport) they just list the number of these added to the base power and then type in the text.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Albert Deschesne » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:52 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:
Albert Deschesne wrote:

You are correct Immunity can be bought as an Extra, but you will note that I did not try to list every extra in the book. In the case of someone buying an extra (for example 5 different Immunities) they would just list the number of extras they bought (in this case 5) in the Extra Box and type in the name of the extras they purchased. The same thing goes for Power Stunts (you're right it is actually a power stunt not an extra...but it is not a power). I only listed the powers. If a person wants a Power Stunt or Extra that is not a power (such as Super-Flight or Extended Teleport) they just list the number of these added to the base power and then type in the text.

Ah -- okay -- umm, psst: what's the password?
Albert Deschesne
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Mucknuggle » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:51 am

Wolverine-X, could you please send me a copy of the sheet @

finalfantasyfanatic_@hotmail.com
Mucknuggle
Groupie
Groupie

Postby wulf » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:26 am

Wolverine-X wrote:However, if I had the power "Force Field" and I wanted to add the Extra "Flight" to this power, I would not list it as an Extra in the description for "Force Field." Instead, I would make another power entry..."Flight". I would then go to the fifth row...which is labled POWER LINKAGE...and select from the drop down list in the first cell the power that "Force Field" linked to. Then I would select either the "Power Stunt" or "Extra" box...a check mark will appear when you make a selection. If you choose "Extra" the cost/rank for the power will be reduced by 1 and if you choose "Power Stunt" the cost of the power will be 2.

I hope this helps. :green:

Afaid not, I've tried every permutation, and those pesky check boxes remain unchecked... as no-one else seems to have this problem, it must be me... not surprising, my PC is a bit... idiosyncratic...

I'd be most grateful for any updated versions, maybe something will jog it as a side effect. Meanwhile I'll investigate.

Wulf
wulf
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Sketchpad » Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:51 am

Hmm .. Wolvie, will you be posting this to the MnM Talk Group? My e-mail doesn't like attachments, but I'd love to see this ... if not, with your permission, could someone else?

Thanks
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby infidel » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:11 am

Please send me a copy as well. Thanks! :)

infidel@thegifted.com
The Gifted are watching you.
infidel
Henchman
Henchman

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives