Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Character Sketch

Postby Sketchpad » Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:57 am

Hola,
I just downloaded a 3e Character Sheet that has a tag to insert an image and I was wondering if that would be possible for the form that you made Greygor? I think that it'd be quite cool :)
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Character Sketch

Postby Draamal » Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:25 am

Sketchpad wrote:Hola,
I just downloaded a 3e Character Sheet that has a tag to insert an image and I was wondering if that would be possible for the form that you made Greygor? I think that it'd be quite cool :)

YES!!!! I'll second that!
"All men die, the legends of some heroes live forever..."
Draamal
Devotee
Devotee

Why isn't it working?

Postby gobbo » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:01 am

I have downloaded the Zip file, but can notget it t work, and the link for the pdf is not working. Is it just me?
"Dice, grant us your friendship; have pity on us. Do not bewitch us with the force of your terrible sorcery. Lay to rest your anger, your hatred. Let someone else fall into the trap of the dice." -- Gamer's Lament
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Wolverine-X » Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:06 am

Let me add my vote to for being able to insert images!!! :)
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: Why isn't it working?

Postby Flea » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:14 pm

gobbo wrote:I have downloaded the Zip file, but can notget it t work, and the link for the pdf is not working. Is it just me?

Ditto. "Viewer cannot decrypt this document" error.
Do it right the first time, or the second, or ...
Flea
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Why isn't it working?

Postby wulf » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:22 pm

Flea wrote:Ditto. "Viewer cannot decrypt this document" error.

I got that too. You need to download & install the latest Acrobat Reader (5.1), then run the Acrobat Reader - NOT click on the file - to set it up. After that it works.

Wulf
wulf
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby gobbo » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:07 pm

Still won't let me save a character. Doesn't let me change Hero Points, doesn't add the Meele Damage score correctly and doesn't add all the save right. Not complaining! Just reporting for bug fixes!
"Dice, grant us your friendship; have pity on us. Do not bewitch us with the force of your terrible sorcery. Lay to rest your anger, your hatred. Let someone else fall into the trap of the dice." -- Gamer's Lament
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Valdier » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:16 pm

gobbo wrote:Still won't let me save a character. Doesn't let me change Hero Points, doesn't add the Meele Damage score correctly and doesn't add all the save right. Not complaining! Just reporting for bug fixes!

You won't be able to save it. That requires the full version of acrobat.
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Saved a character sketch as a bitmap

Postby Flea » Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:31 pm

How do I add a bitmap to the character sheet in the Character Sketch box?
Do it right the first time, or the second, or ...
Flea
Bystander
Bystander

Postby SmokestackJones » Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:27 pm

Valdier wrote:
gobbo wrote:Still won't let me save a character. Doesn't let me change Hero Points, doesn't add the Meele Damage score correctly and doesn't add all the save right. Not complaining! Just reporting for bug fixes!

You won't be able to save it. That requires the full version of acrobat.

Hey Valdier,

With the Reader, I believe you can Save As as a seperate document. At least that's the way I used to do it when I had Reader...

...or edit the document, close the program, then copy/paste on the Desktop and rename the copy something like "CharacterName.pdf."

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Saved a character sketch as a bitmap

Postby Sketchpad » Wed Dec 25, 2002 5:27 am

Flea wrote:How do I add a bitmap to the character sheet in the Character Sketch box?

The sheet needs a graphic edit box in it, which hopefully can be added :)
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: M&M Interactive Character Sheet

Postby LightningBug » Sat Dec 28, 2002 5:46 pm

Hi all,

While I'm very appreciative of all of the PDF versions of the character sheet, couldn't a bunch of us get together and create a Flash version of the sheet, along with some nice extras, like image insertion and simple value adjustments? This could be released under the OGL, to keep everything open and fair.

Thoughts?

LightningBug
LightningBug
Bystander
Bystander

Postby SmokestackJones » Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:50 pm

Hey there,

As an alternative to the pdf M&M character sheet, I'm creating one in PageMaker 7. I can type in what I want and paste in whatever pic I want.

I'm basing the look on the M&M villian wirteups in the core book.

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Sketchpad » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:47 am

Re-he-heally .. hmm .. are you thinking of making it into a PDF Form by any chance?
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby SmokestackJones » Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:31 am

Sketchpad wrote:Re-he-heally .. hmm .. are you thinking of making it into a PDF Form by any chance?

Hey Sketchpad,

Love to, but unfortunately my Pagemaker won't talk to my Acrobat. If you'd like a copy of the PM file (I can do PM6.5 or 7) just email me (smokestackjones@yahoo.com).

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

New Excel character sheet

Postby infidel » Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:59 pm

I just got MnM for xmas and I'm still reading through it. However, being the number-cruncher that I am, I wanted to put together a good character sheet template in Excel.

This is the first draft. Feel free to use, or respond if you find any bugs.

MnM Character Sheet v 1.0.zip

I've included all of the information on Green Ronin's format, and added a few extras:

1) A power point tracker, showing total available points plus points from weakness, and subtracting points allocated to abilities, skills, feats, powers, devices, etc.

2) Carrying capacity calculators, incorporating the guidelines of the carrying capacity and super-strength multiplier tables.

3) A wealth tracker as part of the gear listing. I plan to use money rules in my campaigns.

As I said, I'm still reading through the book, and I'll likely add things to this template. However, I hope people will find it useful. Feedback appreciated.
The Gifted are watching you.
infidel
Henchman
Henchman

Postby drake113 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:49 pm

Great work, but (and you knew there had to be one, didn't you?) for us Excel-challenged folk, what should I modify to adapt the 1 pp=3 Skill points house rule?
drake113
Bystander
Bystander

Re: New Excel character sheet

Postby Albert Deschesne » Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:25 pm

infidel wrote:I just got MnM for xmas and I'm still reading through it. However, being the number-cruncher that I am, I wanted to put together a good character sheet template in Excel.

This is the first draft. Feel free to use, or respond if you find any bugs.

MnM Character Sheet v 1.0.zip

I've included all of the information on Green Ronin's format, and added a few extras:

1) A power point tracker, showing total available points plus points from weakness, and subtracting points allocated to abilities, skills, feats, powers, devices, etc.

2) Carrying capacity calculators, incorporating the guidelines of the carrying capacity and super-strength multiplier tables.

3) A wealth tracker as part of the gear listing. I plan to use money rules in my campaigns.

As I said, I'm still reading through the book, and I'll likely add things to this template. However, I hope people will find it useful. Feedback appreciated.

Real nice work -- I'm using it right now to input Starchild -- see other thread A character from the Metaverse -- One of the first things I noticed was that you had hair listed twice. I'll look for more as I go.

So far: Defense and Initiative have no Calculations in them, Hero points aren't calculated based on the power Level (I assume this is because they can't change), In the powers section there's no place to add the cost for stunts.

Otherwise, very cool layout and sheet!
Albert Deschesne
Cohort
Cohort

Postby infidel » Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:41 pm

drake113 wrote:Great work, but (and you knew there had to be one, didn't you?) for us Excel-challenged folk, what should I modify to adapt the 1 pp=3 Skill points house rule?

Wow! That's a generous house rule :)

Basically, you just need to change the formula for allocated power points to take only 1/3 point for each skill rank you add.

Go to cell AY16 on the "Statistics & Background" tab and paste the following formula in place of the one there:

=(E16-10)+(E19-10)+(E22-10)+(E25-10)+(E28-10)+(E31-10)+(T52*2)+(K69*3)+ROUNDUP((SUM('Skills, Feats & Gear'!T5:U90)/3),0)+SUM('Skills, Feats & Gear'!BB51:BC80)+Powers!I29+Powers!AK29+Powers!I58+Powers!AK58+Powers!I87+Powers!AK87+Devices!I29+Devices!AK29+Devices!I58+Devices!AK58+Devices!I87+Devices!AK87

It's ugly, I know, but it'll do the trick. The formula rounds up so that it deducts one power point for the first skill rank you add, but doesn't deduct the next power point until you exceed three skill ranks. So if you add one, two or three skill ranks, it's just one power point. if you add four ranks, it's two power points, etc.
infidel
Henchman
Henchman

Re: New Excel character sheet

Postby infidel » Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:46 pm

Albert Deschesne wrote:So far: Defense and Initiative have no Calculations in them, Hero points aren't calculated based on the power Level (I assume this is because they can't change), In the powers section there's no place to add the cost for stunts.

Good catches on the Defense, Initiative and Hero Points. Missed those formulas. They've been added.

For powers, there are a set of lines above the power point boxes. Power Stunts, Extras and Flaws can all be listed here along with their costs. The costs input on the lines to the right of the descriptions will be added to the total power point cost/rank at the bottom. I thought about trying to add drop-downs for the Power Stunt, Extra and Flaw lists, but decided to leave it freeform since people will create their own.

Thanks for the feedback!
infidel
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Valdier » Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:16 am

infidel wrote:Wow! That's a generous house rule :)

Basically, you just need to change the formula for allocated power points to take only 1/3 point for each skill rank you add.

Just so you know, it has become a fairly common house rule amongst many of us here playing the game, so you may notice it all over the place :)
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Strand0 » Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:23 am

Valdier wrote:

Just so you know, it has become a fairly common house rule amongst many of us here playing the game, so you may notice it all over the place :)
Rebel! :green:
It is said that 'he who makes the best egg-salad shall rule over heaven and Earth'. ... Don't ask me why egg-salad, I have enough agravation.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Valdier » Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:27 am

Strand0 wrote:
Valdier wrote:

Rebel! :green:

Power to the Peop... errr... uhm... metahuman freaks? :)
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Another Character Spreadsheet

Postby Wolverine-X » Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:13 pm

Just to let you guys know...I've completed a character spreadsheet that is completely automated. It calculates all of your bonuses based upon abilitiy levels, feats & super-feats, skills and powers (for example it calculates the appropriate skill bonuses if you select the feats Skill Focus or Talented; it will adjust your Damage Save if you select the Evasion Feat; etc.). The sheet is very easy to use: select the Power Level, then enter ability scores, select feats & super-feats from a drop-down box, select powers from a drop-down box (powers can also be selected as an Extra or a Stunt), select weakness from a drop down box, and then enter skill ranks. The sheet will inform you if you've spent more Power-points then you are allowed, it will inform you if you've exceeded the maximum number of Hero Points (if you bought Hero's Luck numerous times) and it will inform you if you've exceeded you Power Rank Limit on any power or your Skill Rank Limit on any skill. It then calculates all of the game based stats based upon what you purchased (Damage Bonus, Attack Values, Defense Values, etc.).

In its current form it is not very printable. However, I have been inspired by Infidels format so I'm tweaking it to look exactly like the current character sheet in the books.

I've tested it on several character that I created on paper and it calculated all of the stats based on what I purchased correctly. My next test is to check it against Valdiers characters on his website. I think it is completely accurate, but I still need to run it through a few more tests. Once I've finished the Design of the sheet if anyone is interested in it let me know.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: Another Character Spreadsheet

Postby Valdier » Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:43 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:I've tested it on several character that I created on paper and it calculated all of the stats based on what I purchased correctly. My next test is to check it against Valdiers characters on his website. I think it is completely accurate, but I still need to run it through a few more tests. Once I've finished the Design of the sheet if anyone is interested in it let me know.

*cringes* lets hope I didn't make too many math errors on this one... I am sure I have some as every once and a while I glance at something and notice one, then have to go back and fix it.
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives