Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby SmokestackJones » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:49 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:SmokestackJones,

I did get your input regarding the XP tracker...still working that. In the meantime, however, there is a Campagin box at the bottom of the first page that has a spot for just writing in your XPs.

That is until I get the XP tracker added. :wink:

Hey Wolvie,

Hmmm...Didn't think to look there... :o

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:04 am

Wolverine-X wrote:
The Fifth Wanderer wrote:I caught an error. Super-Skill and Super-Stat are stacking over the PL limit.

I don't follow?

Can you give me an example of the problem? You can either e-mail or PM if it is to long to post.

Thanks!

Not a problem. Just give a character both Super-Skill (Science) and Super-Intelligence. It gives them +10 in the Ablitity modifier box from the Super-Intelligence, and +10 in the Misc. Modifier box from the Super-Skill.
Rules of Combat #15: Teamwork is essential. It gives them someone else to shoot at.
The Fifth Wanderer
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby tetsujin28 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:32 pm

Shouldn't it? Otherwise, super-skill is really useless.
tetsujin28
Devotee
Devotee

It's not useless if...

Postby Beowulfx » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:51 pm

awwwww come on, there are several Comic hero's I would label as having Super Skill... Reed Richards, Dr. Doom, Batman, Professor X ( he made Cerebro ).

Not useless if you need to make Super stuff or Hack Super Stuff..

Beo
Beowulfx

Postby Valdier » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:55 pm

Super skill pretty much *is* useless :)

There are much more efficient ways to buy skills without using super skill unless you literally just want one skill maxed out as far as it will go.
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:07 am

Personally, I'd just rather give the character Super-Ability. It's cheaper overall. Just about the only reason I'd give a character Super-Skill would be in the case of broad skills such as Craft or Science.
Rules of Combat #15: Teamwork is essential. It gives them someone else to shoot at.
The Fifth Wanderer
Aficionado
Aficionado

So, when might we?

Postby Beowulfx » Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:04 pm

Hey Wovlie and Valdier,
I was wondering when we might be able to download the newest version of the Character generator?

Thanks

Beo
Beowulfx

Re: So, when might we?

Postby Valdier » Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:09 pm

Beowulfx wrote:Hey Wovlie and Valdier,
I was wondering when we might be able to download the newest version of the Character generator?

Thanks

Beo

The moment Wolverine-X finishes up his latest version and sends it over, I will link it up on the site :)
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Kinda Vague but thanks

Postby Beowulfx » Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:20 pm

Ummmmmm thanks..

Beo
Beowulfx

Postby Wolverine-X » Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:03 pm

I sent Valdier a copy of version 4.5...this version adds fixes for: 1) Blending -- now adds Power Rank bonus to Hide; 2) Datalink -- now adds Power Rank bonus to Computer; and 3) Superspeed -- now adds Power Rank bonus to Defense.

More fixes / improvements to come later! :)
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

THANKS

Postby Beowulfx » Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:11 pm

YOU ARE A GOD!!!

Thanks for all your hard work and efforts

BEO
Beowulfx

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:41 am

What about adding the 2:1 skill hack that's in the Errata?
The Fifth Wanderer
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby arcady » Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:03 pm

Is it just me, or is there no way to get Talented to add it's bonus to 2 skills with this thing?
arcady
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Valdier » Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:56 pm

Just so people know, I haven't actually gotten the file yet from Wolverine-X, might have been a problem with email or something. As soon as I get it the file will be linked up for people to download.

(Posting this to slow the number of messages I am getting asking where it is ;) )
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby BeZurKur » Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:47 am

arcady wrote:Is it just me, or is there no way to get Talented to add it's bonus to 2 skills with this thing?

Go to the description field and manually type in the second skill.
BeZurKur
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Paladin » Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:59 pm

Hey gang.

I've noticed the version for Wolverine's excelent character sheet is (still?) 4.4.

I don't know if he's around or something, but, since he's not telling what the password is, I'd like to add my own experience with the file:

- Force Field is not adding to the Damage Save total
- Combat Sense is not adding to the Defense total

And I think this is all for now.

Best.
Paladin
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:28 pm

Wolverine-X has updated the sheet to version 4.5, and has sent it to Valdier. So we're just waiting for it to be posted.

Side note, Paladin- Combat Sense doesn't add to your defense bonus, it just prevents you from losing your dodge bonus.
The Fifth Wanderer
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Paladin » Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:35 pm

Thanks, Wanderer. I know it doens't, it was just easier for me to write that than Flat-Footed. Go figure. ;)
Paladin
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby gobbo » Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:58 pm

Paladin wrote: - Force Field is not adding to the Damage Save total
- Combat Sense is not adding to the Defense total.

Force Field only adds if it active, since it is not a permanent add it is not factored in. Make sense? I would prefer it not since my players know when to add it and when not to.

BTW, I agree with WX ot giving out his password. No reason to let someone steal what you have worked so hard on.
"Dice, grant us your friendship; have pity on us. Do not bewitch us with the force of your terrible sorcery. Lay to rest your anger, your hatred. Let someone else fall into the trap of the dice." -- Gamer's Lament
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby charlieluce » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:21 pm

The Fifth Wanderer wrote:What about adding the 2:1 skill hack that's in the Errata?

Yes, that would be handy for me as well, since Nightshade prefers it (and he's my GM :) ) . Actually, just having a spot to enter the divisor would be wonderful (I'm leaning toward trying out 2.5:1, myself :P ).

(BTW, I didn't get 4.4 working with Excel 97 SR2, I went ahead and updated my Excel.)
charlieluce
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Valdier » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:24 pm

The Fifth Wanderer wrote:Wolverine-X has updated the sheet to version 4.5, and has sent it to Valdier. So we're just waiting for it to be posted.

Side note, Paladin- Combat Sense doesn't add to your defense bonus, it just prevents you from losing your dodge bonus.

As mentioned before, the file actually hasn't been sent to me yet... Not sure if there was just a problem when he tried to send it or what might have happened, but I don't have the 4.5 file yet. I promise as soon as I get it I will post it (although my net access will be limited during Gama)
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby RogueWriter » Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:09 pm

gobbo wrote:BTW, I agree with WX ot giving out his password. No reason to let someone steal what you have worked so hard on.

Ummm, I really resent the implication that I asked for the password to steal the d*mn thing.

Some of the fonts used in the sheet look like sh*t when viewed in, or printed from, Excel v.X

I, like some others, asked for the password. Wolvie said no. That's cool. It's his creation, his decision. Calling people thieves is a bit out of line, especially when it isn't yours to start with.
"Once a Green Lantern....Always a Green Lantern."

RogueWriter
RogueWriter
Booster
Booster

I CONCUR ROGUE!!!!!

Postby Beowulfx » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:46 pm

I CONCUR ROGUE!!!

Nuff Said!

Beo
Beowulfx

Postby Paladin » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:52 am

gobbo wrote:
Paladin wrote: - Force Field is not adding to the Damage Save total
- Combat Sense is not adding to the Defense total.

Force Field only adds if it active, since it is not a permanent add it is not factored in. Make sense? I would prefer it not since my players know when to add it and when not to.

Yep, good call. Perhaps a "how-to" guide that went along with the file to remind people like me how powers work? :oops:
Paladin
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby gobbo » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:07 am

RogueWriter wrote:Ummm, I really resent the implication that I asked for the password to steal the d*mn thing.

Some of the fonts used in the sheet look like sh*t when viewed in, or printed from, Excel v.X

I, like some others, asked for the password. Wolvie said no. That's cool. It's his creation, his decision. Calling people thieves is a bit out of line, especially when it isn't yours to start with.

First off, there was no implication in what was stated. If you took it that way I am soory, not intent was meant. I was just restating an opinion that others have stated on this very post sometime ago. Again, if you were offended, I appoligize and will remain quiet reguarding my opinions on any topic on the forum from now on.
"Dice, grant us your friendship; have pity on us. Do not bewitch us with the force of your terrible sorcery. Lay to rest your anger, your hatred. Let someone else fall into the trap of the dice." -- Gamer's Lament
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives