Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Moderator: Super Moderators

Postby Valdier » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:43 am

rook111 wrote:Hey Wolverine-X, I havn't been active in a bit and was wondering what version of the sheet is the most current and where can i find it?

You can find it in the download section of my site, when Wolverine-X updates the sheet I assume he will send me a copy for people to get ahold of :)
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Need Latest Version?

Postby gobbo » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:12 pm

I got a sheet about 2 months ago. Has there been an update since then? If yes, am I on the auto "send to me list?" because I didn't get it.
"Dice, grant us your friendship; have pity on us. Do not bewitch us with the force of your terrible sorcery. Lay to rest your anger, your hatred. Let someone else fall into the trap of the dice." -- Gamer's Lament
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Valdier » Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:33 pm

The latest revision I have of it was from 03-Feb-2003, it is available in my downloads.
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby gobbo » Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:37 am

Cool, but what is the URL?
"Dice, grant us your friendship; have pity on us. Do not bewitch us with the force of your terrible sorcery. Lay to rest your anger, your hatred. Let someone else fall into the trap of the dice." -- Gamer's Lament
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Fazhoul » Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:48 am

gobbo wrote:Cool, but what is the URL?

Just click on the link embedded in the last two words [url]Valdier.com[/url].
Fazhoul
"My God! You're like a trained ape! Without the training!"
Fazhoul
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby gobbo » Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:05 am

Uhhh......yeah! My bad.
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby New a Notbie » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:17 pm

New a Notbie wrote:Hi Wolvie --

EXCELLENT work. Thank you very much for all your efforts, given that this is a hobby after all.

Will you please now answer the password question directly?

Are you willing to release it (making it a truly Open Source project), or are you concerned about your IP rights and would rather not give it out?

Either way I think the folks here are good with it, but I think the question should be answered, since it was asked mutliple times.

Thanks again for your tremendous effort! :green:

Um, is it customary to completely ignore direct questions? Please pardon my newness if so.

Wolverine-X, are you willing to post the password to your excellent sheet or would you rather not?

Please respond with a definitive so people don't keep asking.

Thanks.
Yes, but who creates the creators?
New a Notbie
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sketchpad » Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:48 pm

I wouldn't mind a "password-free" version so I could actually open it :( Something with the password fumbles up the openning of the document ...
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby gobbo » Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:22 am

Sketchpad wrote:I wouldn't mind a "password-free" version so I could actually open it :( Something with the password fumbles up the openning of the document ...

I have not had this problem, but would like to see a Good/Neutral/Evil versions of teh sheet.
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Runehammer » Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:07 am

I noticed one of the Skill bonus adds weren't adding, like Acrobatics at 5 levels or better giving +2 to Balance and 5 or more ranks in Jump giving +2 to Acrobatics I was just gonna stick the +2 into the misc column but the page was protected. And no I'm not gonna ask for the password, I understand why you want all your work protected, and I will refrain from using my password key hacker too. I respect gamers and their work too much.....idiot end users, however...
"How do I get OUT of this chicken outfit?!"
"There's a zipper in the back, idiot..."
Runehammer
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Wolverine-X » Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:19 pm

Sorry, but at this time I'm not inclined to release the password.

If anyone has problems working with the password let me know and I will try to help resolve.

As for fixes, enhancements, etc. just let me know and I will add them as soon as I can. Along those lines, I've made the fixes that allow the bonuses for BLENDING and DATALINK to be added to the appropriate Skills...I've also fixed the issue with SUPERSPEED not adding its bonus to Defense. I will try to make a few more tweaks, based on feedback by Friday or Saturday. I will send the updated version to VALDIER so that he can post it on his site.

If anyone has come across any other oversights let me know. Thanks!
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby RogueWriter » Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:25 pm

The only problem I have is with a couple of the fonts.... They just don't read well on my Powerbook.
"Once a Green Lantern....Always a Green Lantern."

RogueWriter
RogueWriter
Booster
Booster

Postby SmokestackJones » Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:26 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:Sorry, but at this time I'm not inclined to release the password.

If anyone has problems working with the password let me know and I will try to help resolve.

As for fixes, enhancements, etc. just let me know and I will add them as soon as I can. Along those lines, I've made the fixes that allow the bonuses for BLENDING and DATALINK to be added to the appropriate Skills...I've also fixed the issue with SUPERSPEED not adding its bonus to Defense. I will try to make a few more tweaks, based on feedback by Friday or Saturday. I will send the updated version to VALDIER so that he can post it on his site.

If anyone has come across any other oversights let me know. Thanks!

Hey Wolvie,

Did you see my message on how to do XP tracking on the sheet? Should be easy.

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Celtic Cowboy » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:13 pm

Well I think this excel sheet rocks. Prints good sheets - fairly easy to use. Worked like a charm as I tested converting a few of my Champions NPC's and baddies for some test fights.

One thing I didn't quite figure out how to handle with regards to the sheet. Sorcery. Since it gets the seven or so spells at cost I couldn't get them on the powers list - without setting the level to 0 so it wouldn't add points, but then I lose all the custom calculations for DC and range. Ideas, am I just missing something?
Celtic Cowboy
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby mistergone » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:01 am

What's the latest version now? Did I miss it?
Mister Gone
\m/(o_O)\m/
RPG Stuff for Sale/Trade!
mistergone
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby SmokestackJones » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:33 am

mistergone wrote:What's the latest version now? Did I miss it?

Hey mister,

Current version still 4.4. Available at Valdier's site.

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Christopher Tatro » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:50 am

Wolverine-X wrote:If anyone has come across any other oversights let me know. Thanks!

Well, there is that whole thing with the Powers section not working properly under Excel-97. Or are you secretly working for Bill Gates and trying to force me to shell out for Office2K :)?

Seriously, though, any thoughts on this?
Christopher Tatro
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Draamal » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:27 am

Celtic Cowboy wrote:One thing I didn't quite figure out how to handle with regards to the sheet. Sorcery. Since it gets the seven or so spells at cost I couldn't get them on the powers list - without setting the level to 0 so it wouldn't add points, but then I lose all the custom calculations for DC and range. Ideas, am I just missing something?
I've run into the same thing with powers giving Immunity as an extra. I've started using the text box for the origin and character portrait for notes and doing my origin elsewhere.

[edit]It would also be nice to have a "combat summary" somewhere so bricks could have a nice place to note their punch damage as well as a list of common combos or tricks with powers. For example, Sorcery spells, most common uses of Gadget, damage bonus for a ramming attack, full out "cruising speed" for people with super movement... I don't want much... :roll: [/edit]
"All men die, the legends of some heroes live forever..."
Draamal
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Mucknuggle » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:00 pm

I'm having trouble getting the cost for extras to be calculated under the base power.

I'm trying to get Protection to be an extra for Super Strength, but if I put it as an extra by itself it costs me 7 (7 ranks), and I choose the power linkage (EXTRA) to Super Strength and say that SS has 1 extra, which costs me another 7 points. So, I'm basically paying twice for the same thing. Any help?

And, how do I choose Immunities as an extra? It's not in the power section...
Mucknuggle
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Draamal » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 pm

Basically you have two options when adding an extra or a power stunt in the sheet.

1) You can put a number in one of the little boxes of the 'master' power and then put a note in the box next to it. (This is best used for Immunity and other extras that can't be put on the powers sheet.)

2) You can ignore the master power and make the extra as another power but 'link' it to the master power. (This is best for when you are adding a power to another power.)

It takes a little finesse, but you can do most things except for totally custom powers.
"All men die, the legends of some heroes live forever..."
Draamal
Devotee
Devotee

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:22 pm

I caught an error. Super-Skill and Super-Stat are stacking over the PL limit.
Rules of Combat #15: Teamwork is essential. It gives them someone else to shoot at.
The Fifth Wanderer
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Wolverine-X » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:24 pm

Draamal wrote:Basically you have two options when adding an extra or a power stunt in the sheet.

1) You can put a number in one of the little boxes of the 'master' power and then put a note in the box next to it. (This is best used for Immunity and other extras that can't be put on the powers sheet.)

2) You can ignore the master power and make the extra as another power but 'link' it to the master power. (This is best for when you are adding a power to another power.)

It takes a little finesse, but you can do most things except for totally custom powers.

Draamal,

You are right on the MONEY! That is exactly how the powers section was designed!
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Wolverine-X » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:26 pm

SmokestackJones,

I did get your input regarding the XP tracker...still working that. In the meantime, however, there is a Campagin box at the bottom of the first page that has a spot for just writing in your XPs.

That is until I get the XP tracker added. :wink:
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Wolverine-X » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:28 pm

The Fifth Wanderer wrote:I caught an error. Super-Skill and Super-Stat are stacking over the PL limit.

I don't follow?

Can you give me an example of the problem? You can either e-mail or PM if it is to long to post.

Thanks!
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Chicken Lips » Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:42 pm

Wolverine-x,

When can we expect a release of your next version?
Just remember...No matter how much you sweat, DON'T let go of the handle bars......
Chicken Lips
Dabbler
Dabbler

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives