Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Moderator: Super Moderators

New Character seet from Wolvie

Postby Beowulfx » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:23 pm

Hmmmm Being that i am brand new to M&M I do not like the origional character sheet much. I was wondering if I could get a copy of yours Wolvie

Beo
Beowulfx

Re: New Character seet from Wolvie

Postby Valdier » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:54 am

Beowulfx wrote:Hmmmm Being that i am brand new to M&M I do not like the origional character sheet much. I was wondering if I could get a copy of yours Wolvie

Beo

It is available on my site :)
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: New Character seet from Wolvie

Postby Albert Deschesne » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:15 am

Valdier wrote:
Beowulfx wrote:Hmmmm Being that i am brand new to M&M I do not like the origional character sheet much. I was wondering if I could get a copy of yours Wolvie

Beo

It is available on my site :)

Dude! Don't you sleep?! Are you going to be at OrcCon tomorrow? I'll be at the security station if you want to see the man behind the (non)mask!

-- Albert
Albert Deschesne
Cohort
Cohort

Unlocking the Excel Form

Postby Beowulfx » Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:07 pm

Hey thanks for the speedy reply!!! I downloaded the character generater from your page but I would like to increase the font in a couple of areas ( since im not 20 anymore i need larger letters). What is the pass word to unlock the sheet?

Thanks Beo
Beowulfx

Re: Unlocking the Excel Form

Postby Albert Deschesne » Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:11 am

Beowulfx wrote:Hey thanks for the speedy reply!!! I downloaded the character generater from your page but I would like to increase the font in a couple of areas ( since im not 20 anymore i need larger letters). What is the pass word to unlock the sheet?

Thanks Beo

Bwah-hahahahahahahaha!:D :lol: :roll: :o

Albert
Albert Deschesne
Cohort
Cohort

Re: Unlocking the Excel Form

Postby NLP » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:26 am

Albert Deschesne wrote:
Beowulfx wrote:Hey thanks for the speedy reply!!! I downloaded the character generater from your page but I would like to increase the font in a couple of areas ( since im not 20 anymore i need larger letters). What is the pass word to unlock the sheet?

Bwah-hahahahahahahaha!:D :lol: :roll: :o

Albert

When putting in the above password, how to you insert all the smiley faces? :)
NLP
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Serious about password

Postby Beowulfx » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:12 pm

OH PLEASE O GREAT AND POWERFUL KEEPER OF THE ALMIGHTY M&M CHARACTER SHEET OF GOODNESS AND QUALITY. I ASK HUMBLY AND OFFER MY FIRST BORN CARROT CAKE MUFFIN FRESH FROM THE OVEN OF HEAT AND GREAT TURMOIL.

WITH UTMOST RESPECT AND SERVITUDE
BEO
:green:
Beowulfx

Just to clarify

Postby Blackhawk » Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:55 pm

In case you didn't know, Valdier just hosts the excel character generator. He didn't write it, and he doesn't have the password.

Several people have already asked about the password, but there hasn't been a reply from WolverineX yet. Most likely, Wolvie is busy (perhaps even on version 4.5), or something else came up.

Let's just wait and see, okay?

Blackhawk
Blackhawk

"Me? I blame the pudding pops."
Blackhawk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Wolverine-X » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:54 pm

Hey guys! Sorry for not responding to anyones posts...I just got back from a 10 day business trip.

I'll see what I can do about some of the posts that have been asking for a few corrections.

Chat with you all a little later.

:)
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby MasonsDad » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:42 am

I looked around but didn't see this addressed, Toughness isn't adding it's +2 to Damage Save.
MasonsDad
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Christopher Tatro » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:42 am

I'm also having the issue some have reported with the check boxes to designate a power as a Power Stunt or an Extra of another not working (using Excel 97 for Windows). Is there a way to "dumb down" the macro or whatever used for this feature for older versions - maybe just have it an entry field instead of a clickable box or something? I really, really like this application, but can't use it for Powers at all because of this.

One other change I'd loooove to see, but it might be a massive pain: I'm planning on using the "break BAB into 3 skills and Defense into 2" option. I'd love to see a way to do that, although it might involve another entire iteration of the main sheet to accomodate it!

Thanks,

Chris
Christopher Tatro
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Wolverine-X » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:08 pm

MasonsDad wrote:I looked around but didn't see this addressed, Toughness isn't adding it's +2 to Damage Save.

MasonsDad,

I'm not quite sure what is wrong with the spreadsheet that you downloaded...but Toughness has always worked. Meaning from the beginning that is one of the FEATs that I had functioning and adding its Bonus to the Damage Save. I just did a couple quick checks and Toughness adds the correct +2 Bonus to Damage Save.

Again, I'm not sure what problem you might be having???
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Beowulfx » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:31 pm

Hell, I just want the password to unprotect it so i can change the tiny fonts

Beo
Beowulfx

Postby Draamal » Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:29 pm

Hey, just noticed (the thread about size pointed it out) that version 4.4 doesn't adjust attack bonus for size (but it does for Defense). Also, it looks like Leaping doesn't like to go into the alternative movement slot. Oh, I know this is only a possible ruling, but Steve has mentioned that each additional size increases increases base movement by 5...
"All men die, the legends of some heroes live forever..."
Draamal
Devotee
Devotee

Postby RogueWriter » Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:34 pm

Draamal wrote:Hey, just noticed (the thread about size pointed it out) that version 4.4 doesn't adjust attack bonus for size (but it does for Defense). Also, it looks like Leaping doesn't like to go into the alternative movement slot. Oh, I know this is only a possible ruling, but Steve has mentioned that each additional size increases increases base movement by 5...

Too bad we can't check the Official FAQ/Errata.... (Hoping that it is ready soon :( )

RogueWriter :mask:
"Once a Green Lantern....Always a Green Lantern."

RogueWriter
RogueWriter
Booster
Booster

Postby SmokestackJones » Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:19 am

Hey WolverineX,

One more: I don't know if anyone's mentioned this before, but I just ran into it. Could you revise the sheet so's you could add Flaws to Feats?

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Wolverine-X » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:16 am

Draamal wrote:Hey, just noticed (the thread about size pointed it out) that version 4.4 doesn't adjust attack bonus for size (but it does for Defense). Also, it looks like Leaping doesn't like to go into the alternative movement slot. Oh, I know this is only a possible ruling, but Steve has mentioned that each additional size increases increases base movement by 5...

I decided to show only the alternative movements that are listed on the sample/archetype character sheets...which typically show only flying and running/walking. Another thing to note is that anyone can jump it is determined by ones strength...so I decided to leave those calculations to the player. BUT, if I can figure out a way to add jumping to the sheet without screwing up the layout (running out of space) I will try to include it.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Wolverine-X » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:21 am

SmokestackJones wrote:Hey WolverineX,

One more: I don't know if anyone's mentioned this before, but I just ran into it. Could you revise the sheet so's you could add Flaws to Feats?

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!

SmokestackJones,

Is this something new? Adding Flaws to Feats??? This isn't mentioned in the rulebook and I don't recall seeing it in any FAQ/Errate...and in my personal opinion it just doesn't seem right. A Feat isn't a power, per-se, it is more or less a specialized ability/trait. So, I would think that adding a Flaw is just a way to lessen the cost of a Feat.

Again, if I missed something regarding Flaws and Feats let me know...it just seems wierd.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby SmokestackJones » Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:22 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:
SmokestackJones wrote:Hey WolverineX,

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!

SmokestackJones,

Is this something new? Adding Flaws to Feats??? This isn't mentioned in the rulebook and I don't recall seeing it in any FAQ/Errate...and in my personal opinion it just doesn't seem right. A Feat isn't a power, per-se, it is more or less a specialized ability/trait. So, I would think that adding a Flaw is just a way to lessen the cost of a Feat.

Again, if I missed something regarding Flaws and Feats let me know...it just seems wierd.

Hey Wolvie,

Yeah, it's on page 98 under Feats with Flaws. In a nutshell, you can add a Flaw to a Feat and it reduces the cost by 1. Like I said, I ran into it only recently, and it does make sense for some Feats. On Samurai Jack's writeup, I added the Penetration Attack Feat to his sword, with the Flaw Non-Living Only-to show that he can cleave through machines and robots and such.

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Wolverine-X » Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:42 pm

SmokestackJones wrote:Hey Wolvie,

Yeah, it's on page 98 under Feats with Flaws. In a nutshell, you can add a Flaw to a Feat and it reduces the cost by 1. Like I said, I ran into it only recently, and it does make sense for some Feats. On Samurai Jack's writeup, I added the Penetration Attack Feat to his sword, with the Flaw Non-Living Only-to show that he can cleave through machines and robots and such.

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!

SmokestackJones,

I REALLY missed that one! I'll see what I can do. Thanks! :)
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby SmokestackJones » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:38 pm

Hey Wolvie,

Hi, it's me the Pain again. :green:

I noticed today that there's no way of tracking XP on the sheet. Could you possibly add that as a function? You know, an Xp field to fill and have a formula in the Totals section?

You do realize that I wouldn't nitpick so much if this sheet wasn't the best thing to happen to M&M since...well, M&M!

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Wolverine-X » Sun Feb 23, 2003 10:53 pm

SmokestackJones,

Not a problem...keep on nitpickin'! :D It really helps me fine tune this spreadsheet.

The pesky XP tracker! I've been thinking about this one for a while and haven't come up with a good way to do this yet. This is definitely one of my higher priorities...because it really helps with campaign tracking. I'll let you know as soon as I've got this one implemented.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby SmokestackJones » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:00 am

Wolverine-X wrote:SmokestackJones,

Not a problem...keep on nitpickin'! :D It really helps me fine tune this spreadsheet.

The pesky XP tracker! I've been thinking about this one for a while and haven't come up with a good way to do this yet. This is definitely one of my higher priorities...because it really helps with campaign tracking. I'll let you know as soon as I've got this one implemented.

Hey Wolvie,

Howz about this: A box for "XP Earned", which is just a plain textbox (for tracking XP for level advancement) and one right below it, marked "XP Spent" which has a formula (like all the other main total sections) linked to a formula box marked "XP" as part of the formula in the Power Points section on the front sheet.

Oh, and don't forget to mark out all the textboxes to at least 3 numeral spaces. Knowing some gamers, they probably will have XP (or anything else for that matter) in the hundereds eventually. :green:

Hope that helps.

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby New a Notbie » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:16 am

Hi Wolvie --

EXCELLENT work. Thank you very much for all your efforts, given that this is a hobby after all.

Will you please now answer the password question directly?

Are you willing to release it (making it a truly Open Source project), or are you concerned about your IP rights and would rather not give it out?

Either way I think the folks here are good with it, but I think the question should be answered, since it was asked mutliple times.

Thanks again for your tremendous effort! :green:
Yes, but who creates the creators?
New a Notbie
Bystander
Bystander

Postby rook111 » Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:34 am

Hey Wolverine-X, I havn't been active in a bit and was wondering what version of the sheet is the most current and where can i find it?
rook111
Bystander
Bystander

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives