Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby Wolverine-X » Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:53 pm

Albert & Valdier,

I've sent both of you copies of the latest spreadsheet...which includes the option to select 1:1 or 3:1 Skill to Power Point Ratios. I've also updated the Notes Page that explains how to get the most out of the spreadsheet.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby mrfusion » Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:59 pm

Wolverine-X: Could I please get a copy of your MnM Character Generator too? My email is johnatjetcitydotnet. Thanks!
mrfusion
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Wolverine-X » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:01 pm

mrfusion wrote:Wolverine-X: Could I please get a copy of your MnM Character Generator too? My email is johnatjetcitydotnet. Thanks!

It is headed your way!
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Valdier » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:09 pm

Ok, it is now linked under the downloads section.
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Sketchpad » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:49 pm

Hmm .. okay, I downloaded it from Val's site, but I can't open it :( Says it's encoded and needs to be saved as something else ...
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby mrfusion » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:44 pm

Wolvie - this looks great. Thanks again! Here's some (hopefully) constructive feedback. I'm a mac os x user, and I'm using M$ Office X 10.1.3 (the latest update). I'm having two problems:

1. When I try to link powers, I can select a power to link to, but I can't check either the extra box or the power stunt box.

2. Super Strength didn't add a Power Modifier in the Melee Attack Bonus area - probably not related to (1).

3. This is a feature request (or maybe I just missed it) - it needs a place to record experience points spent that don't total to a whole level.
mrfusion
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Albert Deschesne » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:17 pm

mrfusion wrote:Wolvie - this looks great. Thanks again! Here's some (hopefully) constructive feedback. I'm a mac os x user, and I'm using M$ Office X 10.1.3 (the latest update). I'm having two problems:

1. When I try to link powers, I can select a power to link to, but I can't check either the extra box or the power stunt box.

He's right, this also happens on my OSX machine.

mrfusion wrote:2. Super Strength didn't add a Power Modifier in the Melee Attack Bonus area - probably not related to (1).

Super-Strength doesn't add to the melee attack bonus, only to the damage bonus...

mrfusion wrote:3. This is a feature request (or maybe I just missed it) - it needs a place to record experience points spent that don't total to a whole level.

I also have a small (hopefully) feature request -- My guys are using the optional rule on page 28 regarding optional combat skills, can those be added to the skill list? Or can you at least add about 10 lines of custom skills?

Thanks!
Albert Deschesne
Cohort
Cohort

Postby arcady » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:33 pm

So how do I get a copy of this thing? 8)
arcady
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mrfusion » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:34 pm

I found that I can check the box if I control-click (right-click) it, bring up the Calculator, and change the value from 'False' to 'True'.

Super-Strength doesn't add to the melee attack bonus, only to the damage bonus...

Doh! just caught my player cheating! :green:
Last edited by mrfusion on Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrfusion
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Valdier » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:34 pm

arcady wrote:So how do I get a copy of this thing? 8)

Go to my site and click on the "Downloads" link
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Blackhawk » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:47 am

I love you, man. :wink:

One note though, Super Speed doesn't add its dodge bonus to defense on the sheet.

Blackhawk
Blackhawk

"Me? I blame the pudding pops."
Blackhawk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Doesn't seem to be working for me

Postby charlieluce » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:29 pm

Looks like I'm having a problem similar to the one Wulf reported before he upgraded to Excel 2000. I'm at Excel 97 SR2 and don't have the option of a free update (no newer version at work for me, alas). Has anyone gotten this to work properly with Excel 97?

Also, a couple of questions (assuming it's not malfunctions on my PC's part):

Can the sheet make Devices based on Super-Feats (like, say, a radio)?

Can Extras and/or Flaws be added to Super-Feats or Power Stunts?

Thanks,
CL
charlieluce
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Wolverine-X » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:10 pm

Blackhawk wrote:I love you, man. :wink:

One note though, Super Speed doesn't add its dodge bonus to defense on the sheet.
Blackhawk

Blackhawk,

Good catch!!! I'll fix that and try to add a couple of the feature suggestions...then send out an update to Valdier and Albert to post on their respective sites.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Eletarmion » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:32 pm

Wolverine-X wrote:
Blackhawk wrote:I love you, man. :wink:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk,

Good catch!!! I'll fix that and try to add a couple of the feature suggestions...then send out an update to Valdier and Albert to post on their respective sites.

Hey Wolvie-X,

Again, thanks for this wonderful product! Another bit of feedback. Is there anyway to apply Flaws to Feats? Raven, for instance, has all sorts of Feats with Device on them, and I have a sword master who wants certain feats to only apply when using a sword.

Best,

Eletarmion
Eletarmion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Blackhawk » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:32 am

Wolverine-X wrote:Blackhawk,

While you're at it... :wink:

Datalink isn't adding its level to Computers skill.

Blackhawk
Blackhawk

"Me? I blame the pudding pops."
Blackhawk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Wolverine-X » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:01 pm

Blackhawk wrote:
Wolverine-X wrote:Blackhawk,

While you're at it... :wink:

Datalink isn't adding its level to Computers skill.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk,

Another good catch! :D

I've fixed both the "Super-speed" and the "Datalink" issues. I'm going to try to add a couple of the other suggested features before I send out the update.

Thanks!!! :)
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby SmokestackJones » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:00 am

Hey Wolvie,

Just got the latest update (4.4) and it's great. Especially after I figured out how to paste in a picture (I'm used to Insert->From File).

Great Job!

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Wolverine-X » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:31 am

SmokestackJones wrote:Hey Wolvie,

Just got the latest update (4.4) and it's great. Especially after I figured out how to paste in a picture (I'm used to Insert->From File).

Great Job!

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!

Smokestack Jones,

Thanks! I probably should have include some instructions on how to insert images. I think I will when I send out the update.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Starlord » Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:20 pm

Could I get a copy of this program as well, sir? And I'd like to get updates as well.

justsendit@att.net

Starlord
Bystander
Bystander

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

Postby misterkimball » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:56 am

I just grabbed the program from Valdier's awesome sight and was putting together my character from the current camp. I play in. I came across a couple of quirky things that should be easy to fix (or already aren't problems and I'm looking at them wrong).

1. I'm playing a Batman/Green Arrow type so I'm using many feats. Some of these are stackable, and I think it would be great if we could have a drop down menu for the feat total cost...for example one can take hero's luck several times but would have to use up the space for each time it was taken for this to reflect on the char sheet accurately.

2. Do the Power stunts on the Devices sheet cost 2 instead of 1 for the inherent device flaw?

3. I think several of these could be fixed/ customized if the sheet was protected but not password protected. This would allow for some great customization. For example, my group likes to cut out the MnM logo and type in their character name in 48pt font logos, as if they had their own comic.

Thanks for listening to my suggestions, what a GREAT program!!!!!

Mister Kimball
misterkimball
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby mrfusion » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:30 pm

Blending is not adding its level to the Hide skill...

Using v4.4, and having a blast creating NPCs for my Pulp era campaign!
mrfusion
Groupie
Groupie

Postby SmokestackJones » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:36 am

Hey Wolverine,

This sheet has now become essential for my use of M&M. Thanks again. Now, one question:

Could you un-password the sheet? I need to swap some fonts out. Either that or change the fonts used in the text block (Origin) to Arial or something? That small font is pretty illegible.

Still, this sheet is (to use the South Park vernacular) kick-ass!

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Albert Deschesne » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:51 am

SmokestackJones wrote:Hey Wolverine,

This sheet has now become essential for my use of M&M. Thanks again. Now, one question:

Could you un-password the sheet? I need to swap some fonts out. Either that or change the fonts used in the text block (Origin) to Arial or something? That small font is pretty illegible.

Still, this sheet is (to use the South Park vernacular) kick-ass!

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!

Yeah -- could you do that? I'd also like to change the fonts as they don't have analogs on the Mac, I'd like to possibly make a two or one page version... And can we/I get the password before the weekend? I'd like to do any changes before the con. If you are not going to give the password for any reason, at least tell us so, so people will stop buggin you for it.

Albert
Albert Deschesne
Cohort
Cohort

Postby RogueWriter » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:19 am

I'd like to put in a request for that unlock password as well. I, like Albert, use a Mac and some of those fonts just don't transpose well.

RogueWriter
"Once a Green Lantern....Always a Green Lantern."

RogueWriter
RogueWriter
Booster
Booster

Postby cjl2301 » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:29 am

FYI: I've made a very simple character sheet in word format that follows the layout in the book. There are no calculations or anything in the sheet.

You can get it here.
cjl2301
Bystander
Bystander

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives