Updated M&M Character Sheet!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Updated M&M Character Sheet!

Postby SassyRonin » Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:53 pm

The subject sums it up: We've redone the M&M Character Sheet, incorporating fixes like changing Str to Dex under Ranged Weapons Bonus and updates including a third page for Super-Powers and Devices.

Download the New Character Sheet
Last edited by SassyRonin on Tue May 06, 2003 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SassyRonin
Triple Secret Administrator

Postby bolen » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:04 pm

Could you post a pdf version that I can type on?

Thanks
Brett
bolen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby gobbo » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:21 pm

Yeah! I have been waiting for this. You guys should put up a "creation sheet" to help with character creation. I like the character sheet, but can't keep track [easily] where my players have put thier points. It would be better if there were a place to do this.

Just a thought!
"Dice, grant us your friendship; have pity on us. Do not bewitch us with the force of your terrible sorcery. Lay to rest your anger, your hatred. Let someone else fall into the trap of the dice." -- Gamer's Lament
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby SassyRonin » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:52 pm

I don't think any of us has time to put together an official Acrobat form. I think that some enterprising soul on the forums has the full version of Acrobat and is working on just this thing, though.
SassyRonin

Postby Greygor » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:03 am

Yo, I will redo the Acrobat Form that I've currently got using the new one that you've posted and that will be my Version 3 of the form.

It won't be until Weekend now as its a Lengthy Process :cry: but at least all the Java Script is written :D

e-mail me if you want to be added to the mailing list for it, if I've already sent you a previous version you are already on the list
After all I am a ticking time bomb of rage
Greygor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greygor » Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:16 pm

I have now converted the New Version of the character form into an adobe field form and I will distribute it to all those I have already mailed the previous versions to.

Anyone else can get it by e-mailing me.

mark@runtime.co.uk
Greygor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby gobbo » Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:22 pm

Cool, can't wait to see it! Is it set up to allow us to seve characters done on it?
"Dice, grant us your friendship; have pity on us. Do not bewitch us with the force of your terrible sorcery. Lay to rest your anger, your hatred. Let someone else fall into the trap of the dice." -- Gamer's Lament
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Greygor » Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:12 am

v. 3.1 of the acrobat form character sheet has been mailed out. Some problems have been reported by people with Hotmail accounts which seems to be trashing the attachment.

I will put the file on my site this evening www.silveragesentinels.co.uk this evening so that you can download it at will and all I have to do is tell people when a new version is available.

Those who have got it please let me know if everything is ok, I finished the sheet very late last night/early this morning and I am hoping it is not stuffed up. It seemed ok when I tested it.
Greygor
Bystander
Bystander

Character Sheet corrections

Postby hoghug » Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:34 pm

I know I'm the one who keeps finding the little nit-picky mistakes, but in the skill list on page 2 craft should have a line after it like knowledge and science do... and demolitions should be bold.
hoghug
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Wolverine-X » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:51 pm

Greygor,

I checked your site...I didn't see a reference to the M&M Character sheet.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Greygor » Sat Dec 14, 2002 3:26 am

Any Text on the form is as Green Ronin Publishes it, However I may have accidently covered up the Craft Line with a field.

Apologies for not posting it on my website last night, but work followed by large quantities of alchohol prevented me :oops:
Greygor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greygor » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:07 am

The Blank Version of the M&M Character Sheet (V3.2) has now been finished and Everyone on the mailing List should now have a copy (Except for one guy whose Hotmail Inbox is alwas full :lol: ).

I did some web pages at weekend that I will put up this lunchtime. The address should be http://www.silveragesentinels.co.uk/MMIndex.htmland will be until the proper domain name comes through, however that will be the last I am doing on this until after Friday because I have a project that must be finished by then. It's such a shame that work gets in the way of gaming :-)
Greygor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Greygor » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:09 am

The Blank Version of the M&M Character Sheet (V3.2) has now been finished and Everyone on the mailing List should now have a copy (Except for one guy whose Hotmail Inbox is alwas full :lol: ).

I did some web pages at weekend that I will put up this lunchtime. The address should be www.silveragesentinels.co.uk/MMIndex.html and will be until the proper domain name comes through, however that will be the last I am doing on this until after Friday because I have a project that must be finished by then. It's such a shame that work gets in the way of gaming :-)
Greygor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Blockader » Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:46 pm

Greygor wrote:The Blank Version of the M&M Character Sheet (V3.2) has now been finished and Everyone on the mailing List should now have a copy (Except for one guy whose Hotmail Inbox is alwas full :lol: ).

I did some web pages at weekend that I will put up this lunchtime. The address should be http://www.silveragesentinels.co.uk/MMIndex.htmland will be until the proper domain name comes through, however that will be the last I am doing on this until after Friday because I have a project that must be finished by then. It's such a shame that work gets in the way of gaming :-)

Sorry about that. I was able to right click and save the sheets. For an unknown reason I was not able to directly call them up from the site and view them. Thanks for attempting to send them to me though (not being sarcastic or faceitious).
The firmer my grip on reality, the looser my grip on normality.

What do most women call a sensitive man? "Friend."

Far more trouble is caused by people who take offense than by those who give offense
Blockader
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby SassyRonin » Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:56 pm

Blockader wrote:Sorry about that. I was able to right click and save the sheets. For an unknown reason I was not able to directly call them up from the site and view them.

We've had lots of people have that problem with the various PDFs we have for download on this site. The secret seems to be to upgrade your Adobe Acrobat Reader to the latest version. That, I believe, also updates your browser plug-in(s) so that you can use your browser to view PDFs created with newer versions of Acrobat. However, right-clicking, saving to your desktop, and opening the file locally does always seem to work if you'd rather not run the upgrade.
SassyRonin

Postby Greygor » Tue Dec 17, 2002 4:56 am

The Form Character Sheet (v.3.2) can now be downloaded from www.silveragesentinels.co.uk , just go to the Mutants and Masterminds menu option.

The FDF's of my 150 pt project are there as well just right click to download.

Warning: Some of the links no longer work as I have run out of space on the current hosting server. I have upgraded to a bigger server but have not transfered the site yet.

Information: Please don't comment on the look of the site as it was done very quickly so that people can download the form over the christmas period when I can't react quickly and send it to them.

Up Date List: Please e-mail me if you want to go on the Update list and be imformed about any changes. V3.3 will have Point calculation and proper ordered tabbing.

Have a good Christmas everyone. :P
Greygor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby wulf » Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:35 pm

OK, on the SAS site the M&M PDFs (all of them) seems to be inaccessable, and I've downloaded the ZIP twice and both times Acrobat says it can't Decrypt the file (I downloaded Acrobat Reader 5.1, but I only have Acrobat 4.05a). I haven't asked for a file mailed to me as I thought I'd be patient and wait for the public unveiling, but now I'm getting antsy...
Can anyone mail a working copy of the PDF to wulfc@wulf.demon.co.uk, or give me some advice on why I'm stuffed?

Wulf
wulf
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby wulf » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:03 pm

OK, I got it myself. Acrobat READER now works, but ACROBAT doesn't... Which limits me a bit, but fair enough.

Wulf
wulf
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Greygor » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:26 am

The PDF's are inaccessable and will be until the site is moved to the larger hosting server, I just don't have the space on the existing server.

I have tested the download, unzipping and reading of the PDF form on a basic XP laptop with the free Acrobat Reader and it works fine. I have also tested the importing of the FDF files and that works fine. All I can say to people is ensure that you have an update version of Acrobat.

As I have mentioned previously, but it is worth repeating here, if you download the FDF's (right-click and "Save As") rather than the PDF's you will achieve two things;

1. You can import them into the form and then save the form as a PDF file.
2. You save on download time as they are 24kb as opposed to 1.3mb each.

I also recommend exchanging files this way, with so many people using Hotmail and Yahoo accounts a 24 kb attachment is easier to send as a 1 meg file tends to jam the accounts.

I will post here when the site's been transferred and is fully operational, this was just a stop gap measure so that people could download the form.

Another point is the FDF's will not open in a browser, they must be downloaded and imported into the PDF Character Form.

Anyway, I hope this sort's out some people's problems.
Greygor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Wolverine-X » Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:18 pm

Question???

In order to use the FDF's do you need the FULL version of Acrobat Reader? Or is there a particular version of the Reader that you can use? I currently have Acrobat Reader 5.0.

Additionally, do you need the full version of Acrobat in order to use the Form? I've tried a couple times and can't save any of the files I created.
Wolverine-X
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby coyote6 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:46 pm

Yeah, you need the full Acrobat to save any kind of form; Acrobat Reader will allow you to read 'em, and you can even type in 'em (and print, too, IIRC). But to save, you need the full Acrobat (which costs a couple hundred dollars).
- Bob
coyote6
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby gobbo » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:41 pm

I still have not been able to get this sheet! can some one give me the Forms version by email?!

lee@ogresforge.com

If that bounces, try: langston10@comcast.net
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Greygor » Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:32 am

I created it with the full version but tested it with the free acrobat reader download and it works fine.
Greygor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby gobbo » Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:25 pm

Greygor, there doesn't seem to be a place to download it from your site. I tried the links and they don't work. I also can not find a link from your home section. :oops:
gobbo
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Valdier » Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:08 pm

Greygor, if you want to post it on my site, I could do that for you if you need a spot. Just let me know.
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Next

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives