almost off topic: d20modern wealth in fantasy

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

almost off topic: d20modern wealth in fantasy

Postby Ryan_Singer » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:46 pm

I know this is probably the wrong board to ask this in, but several of you suggested I use the wealth system from d20modern in my fantasy campaign, after thinking long and hard, I agree. The only question I have is has anybody seen or done any work setting purchase DC's for common items in a fantasy setting (ropes, weapons, armor, meals, nights at inns, etc.). anyone?-Ryan
Ryan_Singer
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Ether » Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:51 pm

Urban Arcana has a load of "new" equipment that wasn't in the original book. I know for a fact that it includes a good selection of archaic weapons and armors (including the ever-elusive lamellar armor). I'm not sure about tools, though. It might be a good place to start, if you don't mind buying a book like that.

I don't know, though. Perhaps I missed the point, and you plan on altering the given DCs to better fit a fantasy setting. If this is the case, I apologize. Mayhap someone else has a better idea. The D20 Modern boards on WOtC's site might offer some help as well.

Good luck.
Ether
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Ryan_Singer » Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:58 pm

Thanks for the response, but indeed I am looking to extend the wealth system to work in a fantasy campaign. I run a fantasy campaign based very loosely on the Forgotten Realms using MnM rules instead of DnD, and how to handle wealth has become a significant issue for me.-Ryan
Ryan_Singer
Dabbler
Dabbler

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives