Called Shots...

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Called Shots...

Postby Tickkid » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:48 pm

Hey, is there any good threads that cover called shots or optional rules for called shots? I do a search, and it brings up a whole lot of threads, not that I mind looking through them all, but I hoped someone could hook me up :lol:
With great power comes faster pizza delivery.
Tickkid
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Strand0 » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:13 pm

It is said that 'he who makes the best egg-salad shall rule over heaven and Earth'. ... Don't ask me why egg-salad, I have enough agravation.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Anthony » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:38 pm

I must say, having looked back at it, that I dislike the proposed mechanic on page 2. Most called shots are simply special effects of power attack (head, vitals, abdomen, holes in armor, etc); a number of the remainder are basically stunning blow (groin, nerve clusters). The few exceptions:

Hand, Arm: a hit means you are at -1 to use that hand until the hit is removed. A stun result means you also drop anything in the hand. On a knockout, you may choose to break the victim's arm, making it useless; treat as an impairing lethal wound for healing purposes, but you won't die.

Leg: a hit means you cannot run or charge until the hit is removed. A stun result means you are knocked down. A knockout result may break the leg, which halves your move until healed; heal the same way as a broken arm.

Either is probably -2 to -4 to hit.
Anthony
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby mrobviousjosh » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:09 pm

Flying with a broken leg....now that's just dorky but according to this you can do it. :)
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby AaronUnicorn » Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:13 pm

mrobviousjosh wrote:Flying with a broken leg....now that's just dorky but according to this you can do it. :)

I dunno how dorky it is. Depending on the special effect of your flying, you should be able to fly with a broken leg.

Big wings - Sure, why not. The landing is going to suck though.
Telekinetic flight - absolutely
Rod of power (Starman type thing) - Seems plausible
Thor-throwing-an-item-and-holding-on-for-dear-life - As long as the arms aren't broken…

Now, there are plenty of flight special effects that wouldn't allow you to fly with a broken leg, but there are just as many or more that seem that they would.
AaronUnicorn
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives