Holy Rusted Metal!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Moderator: Super Moderators

Postby horned god » Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:58 pm

a) why 'alfred' as a sidekick?

b) I disagree you have to buy all those vehicles just cuz he has access to them all the time. Why not invent something like a gadgets power but for vehicles. Call it 'Vehicles' and thus he spends like 15 points for a rank 15 set of vehicles and in the adventure if he wants access to one spend a hero point, poof instant vehicle which you can write up and spend your 43 pp on yet, he didn't need to spend more than 15 to gain access to it.

Just a thought. Also remember that this is batman and does not mean any real player character could have such a power 'just cuz batman does'. Again those home-brewed haven't been in print for most of this century and thus a real character would buy each vehicle, sucks not to be the real batman unless the GM is nice about it.
horned god
Groupie
Groupie

All the feats. Yes!!!

Postby CASE » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:06 pm

Feats: Accurate Attack, Ambidexterity, Assessment, Attack Focus (Unarmed, Grappling, Batarang), Attractive, Blind-Fight, Chokehold, Contact (Batsquad), Contact (GCPD), Contact (JLA), Dodge, Evasion, Expertise, Far Shot, Great Fortitude, Headquarters (Batcave), Heroic Surge, Hero’s Luck (x5), Improved Critical, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Indomitable Will, Infamy, Instant Stand, Iron Will, Leadership, Lightning Reflexes, Multishot, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Rapid Healing, Rapid Shot, Rapid Strike, Ricochet Attack, Sidekick (Alfred), Startle, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack, Toughness

For me it seems that Batman and Bruce Wayne are to different people. Bruce Wayne has the Attractive Feat, Batman does not. Also, don't forget Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Oracle, hunteress, and Spoiler as other possible sidekicks. For a loner he has alot of allies. For the Vehicles: take the one with the highest cost, the batplane as the only purchase and use the exchange rule powerarmor has. he only uses on vehicle at a time. Try it.

"The Ultimate Guide to the Dark Knight" Published by DK, makes Batman out as almost the perfect human. Forget his emotional problems. He is stronger, agile, tougher, smarter, wiser, and scary. I placed all his Attributes at 18 and give him super con, super dex, super, wis, super int, and super cha to enchance all his skills. Also strike added to super con which i used for captain america I made. Weapon batrang with power stunts to emulate all they do. His armor has extra fire resistence, dark vision, and a one shot electrical stunner bulit in to the suit. Everything else is gadgets. Try PL20 or 30 for any of the main DC line, or JLA they are more powerful than Marvel charcters usually.
CASE
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sketchpad » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:22 pm

To answer HG:
a) Because he is :) Alfred serves as a loyal character to Bruce, usually as a field medic.
b) I thought about that, but honestly I prefer to save power building for more appropriate things :) When I worked on the character, I wanted to show where some of the experience he had went.

To answer CASE:
The Contact (Batsquad) represents his connection to the others. I read most of the bat titles and I would hardly consider any of the Batsquad sidekicks ... more like partners in his war on crime. As for the exchange rule ... I must've missed that. I'll look it over, cause that sounds very plausible.

As for Super Attributes:
Personally, I dislike this rule. I think if someone is truly skilled, it should show in his skills and feats :) I know they allow it in the rules, I just prefer to do otherwise ;) I'll be editing the character soon and scaling down somethings ... I'll post when I work that up :)
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby MasonsDad » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:19 pm

I posted a Batman on here at PL18. I felt that I could have beefed him up a bit, added a few more Feats and such, but think I pretty much got the bare bones of it all. I'll poke around and see if I can dig it up to post here.
"Stiny, get me a danish!"
MasonsDad
Henchman
Henchman

Postby mouthymerc » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:46 pm

Mytheos wrote:Remember that the Bats has weakness to
He has a strict moral code:
He does not kill
He does what he does for vengence and justice.

Again, this goes to the question of which Bats are you doing. When the comic first came out, Bats carried a gun and killed crooks, if I'm not mistaken. No matter what you do, it is all but impossible to do a Bats that everyone agrees on.
The merc with the mouth! Zealot!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
mouthymerc
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby BeZurKur » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:13 pm

mouthymerc wrote:No matter what you do, it is all but impossible to do a Bats that everyone agrees on.

Or anyone else for that matter, and therein lies the problem. Unity is this communities glaring flaw. Even if we agreed to do the current Batman, such as the one in the Hush story arc, we would disagree on skill options, powers versus abilities, abilities versus appearance, etc.

Personally, I'm at a loss why we can't stick to the letter of the rulebook for designing comic characters, so that everyone can enjoy them. Once we insert the heroes or villains into our games, then we modify them to suit the personal campaign needs. The only problem would be benchmarks, but Chris Finney has already saved us the trouble by writing up a very good one. Let's make it the "official" unofficial list and take it from there.

Just a pipe dream of mine.
BeZurKur
Dabbler
Dabbler

Previous

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives