"Stone Soup" Character Creation Join the Fun

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

"Stone Soup" Character Creation Join the Fun

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:56 pm

Greetings all -
Over the past few days I have enjoyed working with fellow posters to this Forum to creat a whole team of "themed' heroes. It was from this endevor that I came up with the concept of the "Stone Soup" challenge.

Like the fable of old - We took a basic idea (the stone) and everyone added a little something to the mix, thus creating a wonderful whole (the soup). In the Rescue Thread we took the idea of "life saving supers" and created the Code: Blue Team. A casual comment became a working whole, and alot of fun too!

So I am starting this thread in hopes of keeping this sort of cooperative effort going! Welcome to Project: Stone Soup - the idea is to take a theme - concept - idea and together create a group of supers! I look forward to working with you all in this freeform manner!

peace and good gaming
Nightlynx
Last edited by Nightlynx on Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

CCC #1 - Bring on the Bad Guys

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:00 pm

So to get things started:

The First concept is Bring on the Bad Guys - and to start the ball rolling I purpose: the Wild Kingdom be our guide! Looking forward to hearing your ideas!

peace and good gaming
Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Gamskee » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:05 pm

:-? Could you be a little more clear? Do you mean bring on the bad guys as "make a villain group" or a "superhero team willing to tackle them all"?
Gamskee
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:18 pm

Gamskee wrote::-? Could you be a little more clear? Do you mean bring on the bad guys as "make a villain group" or a "superhero team willing to tackle them all"?

Well I guess it wasn't as clear as I had thought so: Bring on the Bad Guys would infact be a call to "freeform" create a Villian group for any and everyone's use! The Wild Kingdom refreance would be to let them be inspired by animals or hunting or big game or even that annoying little monkey that used to hang out with Marlon Prekins :lol:

Here's hoping that this clears things up!
peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Dr Archeville » Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:04 am

The Beast (Frantisek Markov), PL 11
Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 17, Wis 9, Cha 8 [5+5+5+7-1-2 = 19]
Initiative: +4 (+2 Dex, +2 Boosted Dex)
Defense: 13 (+2 Base, +2 Boosted Dex, -1 Size) [0]
Melee Attack: +4 (+3 Base, +2 Str, -1 Size) [9]
Ranged Attack: +4 (+3 Base, +2 Dex, -1 Size) [-]
Damage: Punch +7S
Saves: Dmg +3, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will -1.
Skills: Climb +10 (3r, +7 Str), Handle Animal +1 (2r, -1 Cha), Listen +6 (5r, -1 Wis, +2 feat), Medicine +2 (3r, -1 Wis), Profession: Butcher +3 (4r, -1 Wis), Science: Biochemistry +8 (5r, +3 Int), Science: Genetics +6 (3r, +3 Int), Spot +6 (5r, -1 Wis, +2 feat). [30]
Feats: Talented (Listen and Spot). [2]
Super-Feats: None. [0]
Powers: [115]
Shapeshift 11 Due to the curse placed upon him, Frantisek’s shapeshifting is limited in some interesting ways. He cannot assume a true human form, nor can he take the shape of any humanoid creature. He can only assume the form of a normal animal, not a magical of enchanted creature. No matter which animal he becomes, however, Frantisek always retains his own human head and face. He can choose whether to retain his own hands or assume the paws of the animal he becomes. [Power Stunts: Amphibious, Blindsight, Extra Limbs, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Pin, Scent, Track; Extras: Boost (Extra: All physical attributes), Exact, Growth, Movement, Shrinking; Flaws: Limit-One type (animals only), Limit-Signature, Permanent; Source: Mystical; Cost: 9pp] [115]
Note: When in gorilla form, he has 1 point of Str boosted, 2 points of Dex boosted, 1 point of Con boosted, and Large size (4 points of Growth, giving him Immovability 4, Protection 4, Super-Strength 4, a 10-foot reach and a land speed of 40 feet/round). Also note that he does not always have access to all the Feats/Power Stunts listed -- in Gorilla-form, he’d have Scent, but not Extra Limbs, but as an Octopus, he’d have Amphibious, Extra Limbs, Improved Grapple and Improved Pin, but not Scent. Also note that, due to his constant retention of his human head and face, he cannot gain a bite attack (so if he turned into a snake, he could not bite someone effectively or inject poison).
Weakness: [-10]
Disturbing Frantisek’s appearance, manner and presence are so strange that he suffers a -5 penalty on Bluff and Diplomacy checks, and he cannot pass for normal in society without drawing stares and whispered comments. [-10]

19+0+9+30+2+115-10 = 165 (PL 11)

Frantisek Markov grew up on a small pig farm outside a small Bavarian village, surrounded by forested slopes. He eventually married a woman from the village and opened a butcher shop there. Soon, however, he tired of simple butchery. He began to experiment on the animals, performing surgical amputations, grafts and glandular injections. Of course, they all died within a few days, but the hobby cost him nothing since he could still sell the meat.
When his kind-hearted wife, Ludmilla, discovered his ghastly pastime, she was revolted and threatened to leave him and tell the villagers about he meat they were buying. Furious at her betrayal, Frantisek made her his next experiment. Ludmilla lived for three days. When her body was first discovered, the villagers thought it was the body of a beast. When the truth came out, the exiled him, but not before Ludmilla’s aunt, a potent Romani chovexani (Gypsy witch) cursed him to “forevermore have the body of a beast.”
Markov desperately wants to be normal again, and spends hours in his lab vivisecting animals and transforming them into animal men, hoping to discover a scientific means to untangle his twisted genes. He is, of course, doomed to failure.
Frantisek is a large man, with thick bones, broad features, green eyes, and straight, black hair that he wears slicked back on his head. His broad, toothy smile is far from reassuring, often appearing threatening and predatory. He wears a heavy, high-necked robe, whih he sometimes adorns with a necklace of animal or human teeth. He appears massive and lumbering, with a slightly hunched back, unusually long arms, and visibly bowed legs (this would be due to his having a gorilla body, so he can appear human, though bulky and lumbering).

(( taken from D&D's gothic Ravenloft setting ))
Last edited by Dr Archeville on Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FNORD is Fnord is fnord...
Dr Archeville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Crackerjack » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:01 am

Might I suggest all of our villainous wild ones to be outcasts like The Beast here?

For my contributation Im thinking some sort of evil Tarzan...

Naztar the Cannibal
Lucius and Melinda Bright, married anthropologists from England, ventured into some of the most dangerous parts of Africa to help prevent a disease that was wiping out the last of a isolated people. In the night commandos from a nearby dicatorship nation attacked. These armed commandos werent merely murderes, they were all cannibals, given free reign by their dictator to cannibalize "prisoners of war". It was the changing moment of 4 year old Jack Bright's life to watch from the arms of the tribal elder as his parents were eaten by armed mass murderers.
Using the last of his ancient tribal magic, the elder invoked the wrath of his people, and as he was shot down and tore apart, burdened the child with the weight and strength of three hundred murdered souls.
It was in that night that a terrible thing was unleashed.
Not a single commando survived, they were all hunted down, one by one, found dead and quartered like deer or antelope.
After 10 years of life in the wild, Jack Bright was found by UN medical aid and handed over to a missionary couple who brought him back to America. By the time he was 16 he had assimilated most of human culture. He was happy for a time. He loved his new parents, and he wanted to become a doctor and help people, like the people who found him had been. He remembered nothing of his early life, except that he had survived, and that he had been alone.
However something unexplainable beat in his breast, the rage of three hundred dead could not rest so easy. Vengeance had been exacted, but at a price, and the damnation of his mortal soul was what Jack felt when he awoke saturated in sweat and screaming in strange tongues in the night.
In the few seconds it takes for most of us to cross the street, the fate of Jack's damnation was forever sealed. In a moment of rage he murdered his adopted father, and while he listen to his mother's screams his mind, like his soul, was forever lost.
It was then that the lifelong "career" of Naztar the Cannibal began.
He moves from city to city, hunting with no reason, nothing but fury. There is nothing but anger and wrath in him, a gibbering cannibal with all the hate of a man and all the instinct of a predator, and all the strength of a dead tribe.

power source: mystic
"Look out boys, it's Astro City's greatest hero!"
"Hey, I dont see Samaritan anywhere..."
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby barbedwings » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:10 am

Dr. Arch, kudos for using a Ravenloft domain lord! I DM a Ravenloft campaign and it is my absolute favorite setting, so it's nice to see someone get some milage in a superheros campaign.
barbedwings
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby J.T » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:20 am

Hi Nightlynx,

Just had a thought >:) , its not that well worked out yet but I'll post it to see what you all think. :D

The villain team is called BLOOD PACK:

SNAPJAW (spieces-crocodile) powers: natural weapons (teeth, tail), underwater skills (amphibious, swim, ), protection(thick skin), drain (plasma - see write up below)

QUICKSTRIKE (speices-snake) powers: stretch, snare, paralysis, fangs, drain (plasma - see write up below)

ARMY (speices-red ants) powers: hive mind, alter form (swarm), pinchers,
drain (plasma - see write up below)

WIDOWMAKER (speices - spider) powers: paralysis, snare, cling, fangs, swing, drain (plasma - see write up below)

VAMPIRE ( speices - bat) powers: flight, sonar, fangs, claws, drain (plasma - see write up below)

BLOOD PACK: Genetic mutations that have escaped from a deep jungle miliary facility. They were bred to be the best fighting machines the army could field. They were designed to have a dependancy on the plasma found in blood. The army thought they could thus control them by controling their plasma supplies, how wrong they were.

Now the Blood Pack lives to kill and they are experts in this field.

regards,

J.T.
J.T
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby chillrb » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:28 am

Hope ya'll don't mind me playing! Read the thread and instantly had an idea. You can twist the background to put it anywhere you want since it can move from host to host.

GHOSTMANE
Level: 10
Str: 20(+5) Dex: 16(+3) Con: 14(+2) Int: 10(0) Wis: 13(+1) Cha: 13(+1)
Dmg: +4 Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1 Init: +3

Defense: 20(16/ff) Melee: +11 Ranged: +9

SKILLS:
Hide +7, Intimidate +10, Jump +9, Move Silently +7, Search +3,
Spot +4, Survival +6

FEATS:
Dodge, Endurance, Great Fortitude, Startle, Surprise Strike,
Toughness, Track, Scent

POWERS:
Incorpreal +5
Extras: ghost touch, immunity (suffocation, starvation, exhaustion)

Natural Weapon +10 (claws)

Possession +10
Flaws: limited-mind transfer, restricted-gaze

WEAKNESSES:
Disturbing: Ghostly Humanoid Lion

POWER POINTS
Abilities: 26, Skills: 28, Combat: 30, Powers: 60, Feats: 16,
Weaknesses: -10

TOTAL POWER POINTS: 150

BACKGROUND:
For years thought to be forever destroyed, the spirit of the Tsavo
man-eaters has reawakened with a vengence. The opportune arrival of
an eleven member safari group at its ancient burial ground became the
specter's channel to escape.

Eric Patterson, a wealthy English underwriter, was possessed by the
Ghostmane as he stared down a lone lioness in his gunsight. That
evening when he returned to camp Patterson butchered his entire group.
Now completely under the Ghostmane's influence he has returned to
unleash its bloodlust on the streets of London.
chillrb
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nightlynx » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:45 am

chillrb wrote:Hope ya'll don't mind me playing! Read the thread and instantly had an idea. You can twist the background to put it anywhere you want since it can move from host to host.

No problem this is very much what I had in mind for an on going thread! My game plan is every so often to post a new concept or idea and let eneveryone take a shot at adding to the mix! I really like what everyone has offered so far!

I can see using all the ideas offered so far:

The Beast (DrA) is the master mind
he commands Naztar (CJ) who is possesed
by the Ghostmane (Chillrb) and he leads the
BLOOD PACK (JT) who are stalking the streets
of your city!

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Crackerjack » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:21 am

cool..so a new topic? It looks like we've covered Wild Kingdom villains pretty well...

Might I suggest-
Concept: War Orphans
Theme: Weapons/Peices of Military Equipment
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Nightlynx » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:57 am

Crackerjack wrote:cool..so a new topic? It looks like we've covered Wild Kingdom villains pretty well...

Might I suggest-
Concept: War Orphans
Theme: Weapons/Peices of Military Equipment

GREAT IDEA CJ!
Just so happens that I was watching the Gargoyles last night! It was the show where the Zanatos Android head - offers the Pack (a group of animal theamed mercenaries) an up grade! And with that still freash in my mind. Their tech choices were:

Battle Suits - Cybernetic Enhancements - Genetic Manipulation - Robotics
add to the concept "War Orphans" : the M&M Archetypes and mix :D

So lets build a group of Mercenaries! The Strikeforce

peace and good gaming
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!

Postby Dr Archeville » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:59 am

Havoc (Virgil Blackwell), PL 15
Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 13, Cha 14 [0+6+2+10+3+4 = 25]
Initiative: +3 (Dex)
Defense: 19 (+6 Base, +3 Dex) [12]
Melee Attack: +6 (+6 Base, +0 Str) [18]
Ranged Attack: +9 (+6 Base, +3 Dex) [-]
Damage: Punch +0S
Saves: Dmg +1, Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +1.
Skills: Craft: Electronics +19 (4r, +15 Int), Craft: Mechanics +20 (5r, +15 Int), Disable Device +19 (4r, +15 Int), Listen +13 (2r, +1 Wis, +10 Super-Senses), Repair +19 (4r, +15 Int), Science: Acoustics +20 (5r, +15 Int), Science: Metallurgy +20 (5r, +15 Int), Science: Physics +19 (4r, +15 Int). [33]
Feats: Aerial Combat, Attack Focus: Energy Blasts, Expertise, Far Shot, Move-By Attack, Photographic Memory, Point Blank Shot. [14]
Super-Feats: None. [0]
Powers: [20]
Super-Intelligence 10 Virgil is incredibly intelligent, with intellectual abilities beyond those of normal people. He adds his ranks in Super-Intelligence to his Intelligence checks and to all skill checks with Intelligence as the key ability. [Source: Training; Cost: 2pp] [20]
Equipment: [103]
Armor 11 Virgil wears a suit of highly advanced power armor, made primarily out of Vibratium, a metallic substance that can absorb kinetic, vibratory, and sonic energies. While wearing the suit, Virgil can absorb, project, and re-direct such energies, for a number of effects. He can move objects like Telekinesis (102,400 lbs. [50 tons], 110 foot range increment), generate and project intense sounds as a sonic/auditory Dazzle, mimic sounds with complete accuracy, and project vibratory energy blasts that can shatter and smash targets. He can set up harmful vibrations in objects, causing them to shake and rattle so much that they fall apart (as the disintegration power). He can drain away existing sources of energy, or absorb such energies (and re-direct them as energy blasts of the same type). He can harness such energies for flight (55 feet/round), and can use them to create a force field of fluctuating kinetic energy that can be expanded to protect a large area (55-foot radius). The suit can also draw in sounds, making his hearing extremely acute (with a Listen range increment of 20,480 feet, or 4 miles). The suit’s construction makes it immune to extreme in pressures, and contains recyclable air supplies. [Extra: Absorption (Energy Blast), Energy Control/Kinetic, Energy Control/Sonic, Energy Control/Vibration, Flight, Force Field (Free Extra: Area, Extra: Impenetrable), Immunities 5 (Energy-Kinetic, Energy-Sonic, Energy-Vibratory, Pressure, Suffocation), Super-Senses (Extra: Telescopic Sense: Hearing, Flaw: Hearing only); Power Stunts: Disintegration, Drain Energy, Radio Broadcast, Radio Hearing, Ultra-Hearing; Source: Super-Science; Cost: 9/8] [103]

25+12+18+33+14+20+103 = 225 (PL 15)

Virgil Blackwell was born the son of a high-ranking General and a research physicist. His disciplined life was surrounded by science, and he made his parents proud by going to college on the G.I. Bill, double majoring in Earth Sciences and Physics. He found he had a knack for acoustics (the physics of sound and noise control) and metallurgy, and soon made an amazing breakthrough: he developed a metal that could absorb kinetic, vibratory, and sonic energies. He dubbed the metal Vibratium. Some of his father’s friends talked him into devising a suit of powered armor primarily out of Vibratium, which would allow the wearer to absorb, project, and re-direct such energies for a great number of effects.
On the day of his suit’s test, there was an accident, and a great explosion took the lives of both his parents. The Top Brass dishonorably discharged him, but Virgil was certain it was sabotage, so he ran off with his suit and has been on the run since then. He occasionally works for various mercenary groups, but never against U.S. forces. He’s still trying to find out who sabotaged his suit’s test-run -- he has a feeling it may’ve been someone in the Army Weapons Development program, since his project was so promising it drew a lot of funding.

(( edit: had to recalculate a few things ))
Last edited by Dr Archeville on Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Archeville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Crackerjack » Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:27 pm

Hmm...Havoc
how about we keep up the naming convention for all strikeforce?
examples being: havoc, mayhem, panic, chaos, ect.
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Mucknuggle » Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:42 pm

This is a super cool thread! I've got a great idea for the next theme/origin, but I won't post it now as we've got the mercenary group to do. So, here's my contribution to the team.

Disturbance, PL 15
Name: Jacques Rochon
Group Affiliation: The Strikeforce
Base of Operation:
Sex: Male
Identity: Secret
Size: Medium
Height: 6 feet
Weight: 180 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond
PL: 10

Game Statistics:
Str: 14
Dex: 16
Con: 14
Int: 20
Wis: 12
Cha: 10
Total: 26pp

Saves:
Damage: +2
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +6
Will: +5

Defense: +5 (+10 w/Dex); Total: 10pp
Initiative: +5
Hero Points: 8
Speed: 30ft

Attacks:
Base Attack Bonus: +5; Total: 15pp
Melee: +7
Ranged: +8

Skills:
Acrobatics: 4 ranks
Balance: 4 ranks
Bluff: 6 ranks
Climb: 4 ranks
Computers: 6 ranks
Demolitions: 5 ranks
Diplomacy: 4 ranks
Disable Device: 5 ranks
Drive: 3 ranks
Escape Artist: 4 ranks
Forgery: 3 ranks
Gather Information: 4 ranks
Hide: 4 ranks
Innuendo: 4 ranks
Jump: 3 ranks
Listen: 4 ranks
Move Silently: 3 ranks
Open Lock: 4 ranks
Read Lips: 4 ranks
Search: 5 ranks
Sense Motive: 4 ranks
Sleight of Hand: 4 ranks
Spot: 5 ranks
Survival: 3 ranks
Swim: 3 ranks
Total: 102pp

Feats:
Dodge; 2pp
Immunity Package (Aging, Critical Hits, Disease, Energy(Heat, Cold), Exhaustion, Poison, Pressure, Starvation, Suffocation); 20pp
Total: 22pp

Powers:
Amazing Save (Will) +4 [source: training cost: 1pp/rank; total: 4pp]
Amazing Save (Reflex) +3 [source: training cost: 1pp/rank; total: 3pp]
Gadgets +10 [source: super-science cost: 1pp/rank; total: 10pp]
Stealth Mode (Incorporeal (extras: Ghost Touch, Phase Attack), Invisibility ( Power Stunts: Extra Sense (hearing, infrared, radar, sonar, scent) +10) [flaw: device source: super-science cost: 4pp/rank + 10pp; total: 50pp] -> vulnerable to Sonic energy for incorporeal
Super Dexterity +2 [source: training cost: 4pp/rank; total: 8pp]
Total: 75pp

Weakness: Vulnerable - Sonic

Power Points:
Total: 250

Jacque's mother Avril was among the top scientists in the French Army and was in charge of research for their super spy project. Avril's research team invented nano-machines that, when injected into a person in sufficient quantities, had the ability to support their basic bodily needs (oxygen, nutrition, etc...in game terms, immunities) and turn them invisible/incorporeal. Once injected there is no need for continuous resupplying of damageed nano-machines as they have the ability to replicate themselves.

When "Stealth Mode" is activated, the nano-machines vibrate the molecules of the body of the person that they reside in so that the person no longer reflects light, thus becoming invisible. This vibration also causes the person to become insubstantial, able to pass through solid matter.

Jacques was born only a couple of weeks before the completion of the project and was taken from his mother so that he could be trained as the ultimate super spy. Jacques grew up in a high-tech millitary training facility and never knew his parents. He was trained in a wide variety of skills and was given some combat training. When his training was finally completed, Jacques was outfitted with a state of the art nano-machine device that had the ability to transform into a wide variety of tools (his gadget).

Jacques abandoned his millitary life when he was 20 because he was ordered to assassinate an important political leader. On this mission he realized that his life had no meaning, that he didn't want to live as somebody else's puppet and that he didn't want to kill anybody. Jacques became a mercenary for hire as one of the most skilled spies in the world. He eventually met up with other mercenaries that he met on the job and decided to form the world's most elite mercenary group, The Strikeforce.
Mucknuggle
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:22 am

Crackerjack wrote:Hmm...Havoc
how about we keep up the naming convention for all strikeforce?
examples being: havoc, mayhem, panic, chaos, ect.

I like Mayhem!
:idea: I see her as a teleporter who explodes with each jaunt :idea:

hummmmm now where did I put that rule book :lol:

more to come
peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Dr Archeville » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:05 am

Hrmm.... Alternate Form/Explosive with Teleportation as an Extra?
Dr Archeville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:40 am

Dr Archeville wrote:Hrmm.... Alternate Form/Explosive with Teleportation as an Extra?

Yeah - that would work - I want to make her a human hand granade only Mayhem is never your friend pin or no :lol: >:) :lol:

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Zenon » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:30 am

Here's...Mayhem!

Mayhem (Dr. Marilyn Mason), PL 11

Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 16 [0+4+2+6+4+6 = 22]
Initiative : +6 (+2 Dex + Improved Initiative)
Defense : 23 (+10 Base, +2 Dex, +1 Dodge) [20]
Melee Attack : +1 (+1 Base, +0 Str) [3]
Ranged Attack : +3 (+1 Base, +2 Dex) [-]
Damage : Punch +0S
Saves : Dmg +1 (+10 Evasion), Fort +7 (+1 Con +6 AS), Ref +10 (+2 Dex, +6 AS, +2 Lighting Ref), Will +4 (+2 Wis +2 Iron Will).
Skills : Acrobatics +7 (2r, +2 Dex), Balance +5 (1r, +2 Synergy), Computers +10 (2r, +8 Int), Diplomacy +6 (1r, +3 Cha, +2 Synergy), Jump +2 (0r, +2 Synergy), Medicine +10 (6r, +2 Wis, +2 Synergy), Profession: Doctor +7 (5r, +2 Wis), Science: Physics +10 (2r, +8 Int), Additional Lang (Latin). [24]
Feats : Iron Will, Dodge, Evasion, Lightning Reflexes, Improved Initiative. [10]
Super-Feats : Power Immunity. [2]
Powers : [94]
Super-Intelligence 5 - Marilyn is incredibly intelligent, with intellectual abilities beyond those of normal people. She adds her ranks in Super-Intelligence to her Intelligence checks and to all skill checks with Intelligence as the key ability. [ Source : Training; Cost : 2pp] [10]
Amazing Save - Reflex 6 – Marilyn’s accident has changed her body structure, quickening her reflexes and upping her body’s ability to resist shock (Extra: AS – Fort) [Source : Mutant; Cost : 12]
Teleport 10 – Marilyn is able to shift her body through an alternate dimension, shortcutting between two points in our own dimension. Through concentration, she can flicker back and forth between multiple points in a small area. (Extra: Turnabout, Fusillade, Power Stunt: Extended Teleport – max distance 102,400 ft, approx 19 miles.) [Source : Mutant; Cost : 42]
Energy Blast 10 – An unfortunate side effect of Marilyn’s teleports is that as she steps into the alternate dimension she travels through, part of it is brought into our time/space continuum. The downside of this is that her traveling space is a negative dimension, mostly empty, but filled with widely separated particles of antimatter. Luckily, only one or two small ones are bought through each time. [Extras: Area Effect, Autofire, Multifire, Triggered – by Teleport; Flaws: Range (Normal to Touch), Range (Touch to Personal), Full Effect) {GM Notes: The Energy Blast can only be triggered by Teleport. This generates one blast per teleport at a minimum. Use of the Turnabout power adds in the ability to use Autofire, and Fusillade enables use of both the Autofire and Multifire extras.} [Source : Mutant; Cost : 30]

Weakness: Unlucky [Cost : -10]

22+20+3+24+10+2+94-10 = 165 (PL 11)

Background: Dr. Marilyn Mason was a gifted child. Blessed with good looks and an above average intelligence, but spoiled by her parents, she grew into a strong willed young woman who was used to getting her own way.

Mastering Physics in college, Marilyn turned her education to Medicine when her father was diagnosed with a rare cancer. She earned her degree in record time but unfortunately her father passed away before she graduated.

Unable to admit defeat, Marilyn turned her formidable intellect and knowledge to researching a cure for the type of cancer her father died of. Deep in her medical research, she remembered her physics – two opposites cancel each other out!

Excited by her insight, she turned her research to using high-energy physics to be a cure for cancer. Delving into esoteric calculations of know alternate dimensions, she searched for an unknown one that would meet her needs. The medical community ridiculed her, so she continued her work in secret.

Then disaster struck. During a routine physical, her doctor informed her that she faced the onset of the same type of cancer that took her father’s life. Unwilling to embrace accepted treatments that would not cure her, she used herself as the first test subject of her own version of treatment. Locking herself in the Physics lab, she readied her unique treatment, to fight cancer with the negative image of itself, brought across from another dimension. She activated the machinery and strapped herself in.

Unfortunately for Marilyn, her calculations were off slightly. Instead of a negative dimension version of her cancer crossing the dimensional barrier, an antimatter version did. The resulting explosion leveled half the campus.

Marilyn did not die. Through some freak interaction of the cancer, high-energy particles, the dimensional barrier and the antimatter, she not only survived (and cured her cancer) but also was now something more than human. The infusion of the high-energy particles attuned to the dimensional barrier allowed her to “step-out” of our world at one point, and “step-in” in a distant point.

But using her power has dramatic side effects. Whenever she “steps-out”, her space in this dimension is replaced with nebulous material from her unknown alternate dimension. This material is mostly inert, but not entirely. Embedded in it are a few tiny grains of antimatter, which when brought into our dimension react explosively.

Wanted for the deaths of students caused by her lab explosion, Marilyn turned to those who would accept her for what she was and what she could do. The crimes she now commits do not bother her in the least. After all, she has to earn money to continue her research to cure cancer. And who wouldn’t offer a pardon (and loads of money) to the woman who finally finds the cure….
Last edited by Zenon on Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zenon
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby gnownek » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:22 am

My 3 ideas are "Bloodletting", "Riot" and "Arson"

"Riot"- Based on 2 powers
1. Mind control, double area effect, one command "Attack authority figures, loot and steal", requires extra time (full-round action)
2. Super-strength and protection

"Bloodletting"

1. Weaponmaster type character wearing a Zorro mask who fights
with bladed hockey sticks/throwing knives. Has super-jumping and super agility.

"Arson"

1. Superspeed (5-6 levels only) character who carries and throws pyrotechnic grenades.
gnownek
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Crackerjack » Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Havoc, Disturbance, and Mayhem are the StrikeForce and their ultimate rivals are the more insane/criminal mercs called Panic Attack, consisting of the powerfull Riot and his cohorts, Arson and Bloodletting.
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Crackerjack » Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:58 pm

Im not expecting anyone to use this as the next one, we can save it for later..but I gotta say it..
I love this strange combination and all the insane possibilities

Concept: Vamps
Theme: All American
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

American Vamps....

Postby gnownek » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:19 pm

Since we are getting creative:

"The founding fathers got quite worried about threats to the infant republic so they decided to create an institution to protect the American people against counter-revolutionaries. An immortal institution consisting of patriotic immortals kept in suspended animation ( A wendigo, a pseudo-vampire (who served with George Washington), a femme fatale type character (who is also a pseudo-vampire) and an irish/russian psychic/telekinetic zombie). They have since woken up and decided to either:

1. Bring back the good old days by fanging Congress, kidnapping the Senate, blowing up the UN, invading Mexico/Canada/Cuba.

2. Save the world as the super-group 'The Freedom Four'
gnownek
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Mucknuggle » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:14 pm

My idea for the next one was:

Horror movie monster/Buffy monster heroes.

Humans so twisted by evil that they want to fight against it.

Examples: Angel (from Buffy and Angel), people possessed by demons but using their super-natural powers for good. I'll post a character later tomorrow.
Mucknuggle
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:51 pm

Crackerjack wrote:Im not expecting anyone to use this as the next one, we can save it for later..but I gotta say it..
I love this strange combination and all the insane possibilities

Concept: Vamps
Theme: All American

Mucknuggle wrote:My idea for the next one was:

Horror movie monster/Buffy monster heroes.

Humans so twisted by evil that they want to fight against it.

Examples: Angel (from Buffy and Angel), people possessed by demons but using their super-natural powers for good. I'll post a character later tomorrow.

Sounds like we have something in the works - great ideas guys! If no one objects to it we an start with the new theme asap!

Bring on the Night Stalkers

peace and good gaming
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Next

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives