Corrosion and armour hardness

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Corrosion and armour hardness

Postby jinx » Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:32 pm

What would be the hardness (for corrosive purposes) of an Aegis MAX battlesuit from Freedom City Campaign (+7 battlesuit; 6PP per level).

I have a character with +6 corrosion and +6 energy field (plasmic acid) and he is going to grapple an Aegis agent and try to melt his armour specifically.

In general, how is such hardness calculated?
jinx
Bystander
Bystander

Not 100% sure, but...

Postby Ralex » Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:04 pm

I can't recall exactly where I've seen it stated, but I'm pretty certain that a Device's hardness is in most cases equal to its highest rank.

So, the AEGIS armor would have a hardness of 7 (though if that seems a little bit low, you might want to make it hardness 10, equivalent to iron).

Ahh, found it! Pg. 110 of the core book, under Damaging Devices.

Hope that helps.
Ralex
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Not 100% sure, but...

Postby mshaslam » Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:26 pm

Ralex wrote:I can't recall exactly where I've seen it stated, but I'm pretty certain that a Device's hardness is in most cases equal to its highest rank.

So, the AEGIS armor would have a hardness of 7 (though if that seems a little bit low, you might want to make it hardness 10, equivalent to iron).

Ahh, found it! Pg. 110 of the core book, under Damaging Devices.

Hope that helps.

I believe that is correct, but our group house ruled that protection extends to corrosion, disintagration, and other attempts to damage a device that has protection. This extends to extras added to the armor such as flight and energy blast. The rational being that battle armor should be tougher to damage then a stand alone device. A nice side effect is that it gives a reason to bundle items into battle armor rather then having a seperate device for each power.

Mark.
mshaslam
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives