Freedom City Villain question?

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Freedom City Villain question?

Postby CASE » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:20 am

Medea has sorcery with the power stunt: Transformation. Transformation is not on the power list for sorcery and is normally a 3 point power. I thought only 2 point powers can be added this way. I know she is a villian so it doesn't matter how she adds up. But I would like to see some Consistency in the characters building. Ubermensch for Time of Crisis has his Super Str added wrong as well.

If I buy transformation as a power can I pick transmutation as a power stunt?

Sorry for the rant.
Opinions?
CASE
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Freedom City Villain question?

Postby Neo » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:16 am

CASE wrote:Medea has sorcery with the power stunt: Transformation. Transformation is not on the power list for sorcery and is normally a 3 point power. I thought only 2 point powers can be added this way. I know she is a villian so it doesn't matter how she adds up. But I would like to see some Consistency in the characters building. Ubermensch for Time of Crisis has his Super Str added wrong as well.

If I buy transformation as a power can I pick transmutation as a power stunt?

Sorry for the rant.
Opinions?

It doesn't actually say under Sorcery that the powers that can be spells have to be 2 pp ones only, the only power with that limitation as far as I am aware is Gadgets.

I believe the Transformation Power Stunt was added more as an extra facet to her Animation spell I suspect to tie in with Medea's ability to bring life to things in monsterous forms, as opposed to be just a general add on to all her sorcerous powers?
Mark "Neo" Howe

"Et Semel Emissum Volat Irevocabile Verbum"
http://www.neo-innovation.com/index.html
Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Freedom City Villain question?

Postby Carnifex » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:20 am

CASE wrote:Medea has sorcery with the power stunt: Transformation. Transformation is not on the power list for sorcery and is normally a 3 point power. I thought only 2 point powers can be added this way.
Sorry for the rant.
Opinions?

in general, not just with sorcery, you can do it as a sort of partial stunt.

If for example Medea had 10 levels of sorcery, you take 10x2/3 = 6.67, round off to 6, so the stunt give Transforattoin at PL 6
Carnifex
Groupie
Groupie

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives