Justice League Flubs

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Justice League Flubs

Postby Inazuma » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:57 pm

Found this while surfing. An interesting look at the various mistakes they've made on the Justice League cartoon: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Go ... owid-3914/

And here are some interesting facts of the season 1 episodes, some you may not have known: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Ep ... 4/season-1

Be careful if you go to the season 2 episode guide! It has spoilers for all the episodes not yet aired (when ARE they gonig to show the rest of the new stuff, anyway?).
~Inazuma
"This is a superhero game! I demand to be given rewards for causing massive property damage!"
Inazuma
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Inazuma » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:22 pm

MINOR SPOILERS! From very briefly glancing over the season two guide (I avoiding reading plots, just stuck to the names of characters) it looks like we can look forward to Dr. Destiny, Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Alfred, Vandal Savage, the Lantern Corps, Brainiac, and the Injustice League appearing in coming episodes!
~Inazuma
"This is a superhero game! I demand to be given rewards for causing massive property damage!"
Inazuma
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Dr Archeville » Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:02 am

*drools at the Season 2 possibilities*
FNORD is Fnord is fnord...
Dr Archeville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Defender » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:19 am

*reads over the info*

Wow. . .if this stuff is on the level season 2 is going to be seriously awesome. . .thanks for the heads-up Inazuma! :)

-Defender.
" We believe in heroes because ultimately we believe in ourselves. " -Jack Kirby.
Defender
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Inazuma » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:59 am

No prob. This TV Tome site seems pretty on the ball. They even have info on the upcoming fourth season of X-Men Evolution.
~Inazuma
Inazuma
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Gamskee » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:18 am

Justice League. This show seems to always be hit or miss for me, with some episodes being good and others downright terrible. The Fury episode just made me want to scream when the zombie and aliens decided to be effected by the earth male virus. Cripes, Martian Manhunter can be female when he feels like it...
Gamskee
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Inazuma » Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:22 am

Gamskee wrote:Justice League. This show seems to always be hit or miss for me, with some episodes being good and others downright terrible. The Fury episode just made me want to scream when the zombie and aliens decided to be effected by the earth male virus. Cripes, Martian Manhunter can be female when he feels like it...

As I recall, the virus Aresia created was mystical rather than scientific, so there's ro reason it couldn't jump genetic boundries to affect aliens (or Grundy).
~Inazuma
Inazuma
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Gamskee » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:12 am

It wasn't magic. At the very least, there was nothing to indicate it. She wouldn't have needed her bio-warfare books otherwise.
Gamskee
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Dr Archeville » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:30 am

And Grundy's a zombie-lihe Swamp Thing-ish critter, so he likely has Immunity to Disease & Suffocation.

But it was a good ep nonetheless :D
FNORD is Fnord is fnord...
Dr Archeville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Inazuma » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:39 am

Gamskee wrote:It wasn't magic. At the very least, there was nothing to indicate it. She wouldn't have needed her bio-warfare books otherwise.

Then why would she need those gems she and Luthor's gang stole? She used them in her disease mixture. Last I heard, crushed gemstones don't have much of a place in medical science. Sounds more like magic to me.

Something else about the series that is noted in the goofs guide - Why is Hippolyta such a wuss? She's supposed to be Queen of the Amazons, but she gets her butt kicked so easily! Both in Fury and Paradise Lost, she is defeated rather easily by a variety of foes.
~Inazuma
Inazuma
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Dr. Spectrum » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:46 pm

My personal fav was Legends, followed by The Bave and the Bold and Injustice for all. Gotta love Gorilla Grodd.
"Nintendo has a lot to answer for"- Batman

"I don't take orders from anyone, pal. I'm the rogue among rogues." -Captain Cold

"Sweet mother Molson!"- Puck
Dr. Spectrum
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Gamskee » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:11 pm

Gems can be used in disease concoctions ever since radiation was a viable method of making superhumans. My thought is more towards psuedo-science, especially with the lack of chanting or other magic elements.

Eh, really doesn't matter in the end.

Yeah, Hippolyta gets robbed, but that happens to a lot of characters in that series. I swear most of the writers had to have at one point write out the phrase "The Flash runs around for a while and gets hit," as he seems to do it almost every other episode.
Gamskee
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Dr. Spectrum » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:45 pm

Is there anyone more useless on Justice league than the flash? Poor Walley West diserves better.
"Nintendo has a lot to answer for"- Batman

"I don't take orders from anyone, pal. I'm the rogue among rogues." -Captain Cold

"Sweet mother Molson!"- Puck
Dr. Spectrum
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Striker » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:09 pm

Dr. Spectrum wrote:Is there anyone more useless on Justice league than the flash? Poor Walley West diserves better.

Martian Manhunter? But that's a rant I won't go into again. But yes, Wally does deserve better. They all do.
Uprise, now fall in line. Roll with the pack or get left behind –P.O.D.
Striker
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Inazuma » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:17 am

Flash is mostly comic relief on the show, unfortunately. Most episodes, he does indeed seem useless. He tends to cause more trouble than he solves.

Martian Manhunter does tend to get jipped. His power usage tends to vary. I mean, he only seems to use the right powers when the writers need him to. Otherwise he just gets slapped around. For example, in the Paradise Lost episodes, when Faust summons the giant plant tentacles to grapple the team....why doesn't J'onn just phase out of their grasp? Did he forget he could? And then there's his telepathy powers....or as it is better known on the show: the "let's have J'onn suffer yet another psychic feedback that knocks him out" power.

Half the time the writers can't seem to use him or Flash properly.
~Inazuma
Inazuma
Devotee
Devotee

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives