Nocturnal Goodness -and a bit of GenCon ness too-

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Nocturnal Goodness -and a bit of GenCon ness too-

Postby VooDoo Dolly » Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:00 pm

Ahhh!

Got back from Gencon yesterday (LOOONG story)

And it appears that at the en awards, M&M won. EVERYTHING!

It was cool, every award that M&M was nominated for they seamed to win something.. I was very happy for them, and I think they disserved it!

I got Steve to sign my book (and I got to Geek-out on him) and I managed to get my grubby paws on a Gunwitch Mini from Nocturnals, with Nickchikcs help :)

And Speaking of Nocturnals, it appears that the book has been pushed back, but that makes me figure it will just be a better project.

If you don’t know about nocturnals, let me tell you that it just rules the school. Horror and crime stories with a “Monster noir” feel. An Evil corporation called the “Narn K” has a secret laboratory that pumps out animal human hybrid monsters. The “Midnight society” is a group of mystical misfits lead by the other-dimensional “Doc Horror” and has formed a sort of Underground Railroad to get the “monsters” being held prisoner out of the clutches of the Narn K.

Besides having cool animal hybrid monsters, there are vampires, werewolves, ghosts, deepones, Zombie Cowboys and other odd monster things running about. Unlike the world of darkness, these monsters are not bound by excessive traditions and heavy loads of Apathy and pathos. One of the stories featuring the undead gunslinger “Gunwitch” is just a retelling of the Classic movie “fist full of dollars” with competing vampire gangs running over a small town and an innocent girl caught in the middle.

If you love monsters and think Halloween should last year round, this will be a book for you. If you think the World of darkness is to angsty, this will also be a game for you. Crime stories? Horror elements? Western bits? Yup, yup, and yup.

I, for one, am so FREAKING excited I peed myself… I’ll be right back…

Ok, I’m now back and urine free.

I hope we get a release update soon. I would love to here if any one else is as excited as I am. (ya know, peefully gleeful)

The Gunwitch minni (the extra “N” is for extra “keen”) looks VERY keen… I shall paint him as soon as I get my other Projects out of the way.

And on a side note, Warner brothers has been looking at Nocturnals for possible movieage. Very groovy.

Sleep depravation now getting to me. I have to draw a bit more before sleep can Claim me :)
go to http://voodoo.home.sapo.pt/

See my art, let me know what ya think!!
VooDoo Dolly
Dabbler
Dabbler

Looks Good

Postby The Black Pint » Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:35 pm

I am wanting this book. The concept seems very cool. >:)
The Black Pint
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Inazuma » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:59 pm

Any announcements about new books beyond what we've already known about for months?
~Inazuma
"This is a superhero game! I demand to be given rewards for causing massive property damage!"
Inazuma
Devotee
Devotee

Gunwitch Mini!?

Postby Brutorz Bill » Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:13 pm

Any word if the Gunwitch mini will be available elsewhere? Or maybe even a whole line of Nocturnals Minis???
Brutorz Bill
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Gunwitch Mini!?

Postby Nikchick » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:51 pm

Brutorz Bill wrote:Any word if the Gunwitch mini will be available elsewhere? Or maybe even a whole line of Nocturnals Minis???

Gunwitch is a convention exclusive for GenCon and DragonCon. I'm not sure what our agreement is with Dan is beyond that, but if we have any extras, I expect they'll be available as prizes for cons and that kind of thing.

Chris is an old minis guy from way back, so you *know* he'd just love the excuse to do more minis.

Nicole
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Neo » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:23 pm

Brutorz Bill wrote:Any word if the Gunwitch mini will be available elsewhere? Or maybe even a whole line of Nocturnals Minis???

Heya Bill :D Good to have you with us mate :!:
Mark "Neo" Howe

"Et Semel Emissum Volat Irevocabile Verbum"
http://www.neo-innovation.com/index.html
Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Brutorz Bill » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:06 pm

Nikchick wrote:

Gunwitch is a convention exclusive for GenCon and DragonCon. I'm not sure what our agreement is with Dan is beyond that, but if we have any extras, I expect they'll be available as prizes for cons and that kind of thing.

Chris is an old minis guy from way back, so you *know* he'd just love the excuse to do more minis.

Nicole

Drat, I was really wanting that Gunwitch mini!
Well tell Chris that you guys definately have my $$ if you do ANY minis of the Nocturnals! Hope that's enough of an excuse. : )
Thanks for the quick response!
Regards,
Brutorz Bill
Brutorz Bill
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives