Appreciation

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Appreciation

Postby Strict31 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:32 pm

My thanks and appreciation for all the comments you guys made a while back. Just letting you know, my mom passed on Saturday. There simply was nothing more the docs could do except make her comfortable, so me and my grandfather decided to have her removed from life support. Since then, it's been a nonstop roller-coaster dealing with the probate courts, getting apointed as executor for other deceased relatives' estates that were tied up since she was named executor for those estates only days before she went into the hospital.

I thank you all for your expressions of sympathy and won't forget it. I won't be on the board as much for a while yet, but it serves to occupy my mind, so I'll pop by every so often until I'm in a better state of mind. Then I shall return and reward you all with your own cybernetically enhanced sex drones. And then, I'll form an army with which we can take over the world and force Hollywood to make super-hero movies the right way.

Sorry to keep posting this depressing OT stuff, but I had to express my gratitude.

Much Love, folks.
Strictly Speaking
"It was just that he was all alone, always by himself; never anyone to share the game. A man who lived in dreams. That's who he was."

Are you living in the real world?
Strict31
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby DrObvious » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:37 am

I'll light a candle for her next time I'm at church. I've very sorry about your loss, and I hope you come to find some peace of mind, be it through religion, family, friends, or something else.

Please feel free to keep posting this "depressing, off topic stuff".

Also, let me know when you are working on your sex drones. I've worked as a quality ensurance engineer, and I beleive I can help you out testing them.
I'm not mrobviousjosh or DocObvious, just some other guy. Obviously.

"In other words, Dr. Obvious and AaronUnicorn are quite correct" - Steve Kenson 8/7/03
DrObvious
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Webhead » Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:22 am

I know that I speak for all here when I say that we are deeply sorry for your loss and we wish the best for you and your family in such difficult times.
"Skeletal Sheep!!? Only George would design a dungeon protected by the undead guardians of a sheep cult!"
Webhead
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Daywalker » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:46 am

I can't even imagine what it is like to lose someone as important as a mother. My deepest condolences and best wishes to you and yours.
Daywalker
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby The Human Pest » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:53 am

Sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is one of life's hardest things.
The Human Pest
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby threshel » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:52 am

Feel free to post with your thoughts anytime. Condolences from my family to yours.

J
Oliver--
--I've finally gotten him angry--
--it's now or never--
threshel
Cohort
Cohort

Postby SmokestackJones » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:59 am

Hey Strict,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to tape it, but I heard on the radio that Troy Watkins over at WSAR did a really nice piece on your mom passng. Very moving.

Heartfelt condolances to you and yours, from my wife Becky and I.

-SJ
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Strict31 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:00 pm

SmokestackJones wrote:Hey Strict,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to tape it, but I heard on the radio that Troy Watkins over at WSAR did a really nice piece on your mom passng. Very moving.

Heartfelt condolances to you and yours, from my wife Becky and I.

-SJ

Wow!

That makes this entire day utterly worth it, man. My Mom was a teacher, an art teacher, and she affected so many people. But I never suspected she'd continue to have an affect on people. I was over at my granddad's place today, looking at some of my mom's pictures...there is a set of pictures of her as a little kid, mugging for the camera. Another when she had graduated from High School. Little moments frozen out of time, you know? Images not meant to be forgotten. I smiled, but still couldn't forget the image of her laying in that hospital bed, utterly shattered. Or in the casket at the family viewing. All images of my mother.

This completely takes my breath away, folks, and I thank you for it.

Strictly Speaking
"It was just that he was all alone, always by himself; never anyone to share the game. A man who lived in dreams. That's who he was."

Are you living in the real world?
Strict31
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Striker » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:50 pm

Wow, sorry to hear that man. Hope you and the rest of your family make it through this ok.
Uprise, now fall in line. Roll with the pack or get left behind –P.O.D.
Striker
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Doctor Otaku » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:03 pm

My condolences for your loss, Strict. As the executor for both of my parents trusts, I'm definately not looking forward to the day I have to perform those duties. Keep the faith.
Doctor Otaku
"I'm not a villain, I'm just heroically challenged!"
Visit the The Demented Dojo!
Doctor Otaku
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby barbedwings » Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:09 am

My most sincere condolencies... there is little else that can be said at a time like this, but I do think that everyone here wishes nothing but the best and any support we can give is yours.
barbedwings
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby MagusRogue » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:08 pm

darn, man.... sorry i'm so late in posting this... i've been kinda busy and stuff. I remember when my grandmother died... And it hurt me badly. I know your pain is greater still. So you are a strong man for being able to move on like this... I congradulate you on your strength. And I'm so sorry for your loss...
Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... this rant has finished.
MagusRogue
Archetype
Archetype

Postby mgg » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:24 pm

I am also sorry for your loss.
mgg
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Sketchpad » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:29 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss Strict ... may her passing into the next life be peaceful and full of happiness :)
"Then what would he do? Be Bruce Wayne? He doesn't even like Bruce Wayne ..."
- Nightwing

Hellfyre Studios
Sketchpad
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:05 pm

I just saw this.
Please accept my condolences Strict.
I lost my Father 3 years ago and I hope it's some small comfort for you to know that the sadness will become more bearable as time goes by.

Warm Wishes,
Chris.
You Woke Me Up To Tell Me I'm Still Asleep
Chris
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Eletarmion » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:17 am

Strict,

I just saw this too. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I extend my condolences, and pray for peace of mind for you and your family.

Sincerely,

Eletarmion
Eletarmion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives