Magic Items for M&M

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Magic Items for M&M

Postby Nightlynx » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:33 pm

Greetings folks!
Well with all the mystical theamed treads going on I was inspired to convert these items from the pages of my 3rd ed D&D Dungeon Masters Guide: All of the following have the flaw: Device and source: Mystical.

Belt of Giant Strength
Super-strength 10 - extras: Shockwave, Thunderclap

Boots of Striding and Springing
Running 5 / Leaping 5

Broom of Flying
Flight 10

Cape of Mountebank
Teleportation 10 - flaw: Obvious (cloud of smoke)

Carpet of Flying
Flight 10 - power stunt: Grapple

Cloak of Arachnida
Clinging 5 / Snare 5 (webs) - extra: swinging

Crystal Ball
Esp 10 - extra: Interdimensional

Horn of Blasting
Energy Blast 10 (sonic) - power stunt: Dual Damage, Dazzle - extra: Explosive Blast

Pipes of the Sewers
Mind Control 10 - Flaw: limited - animal control (vermin)

Wand of Lightning
Eneregy Blast 10 (electricity) - power stunt: Dual Damage - extra: Explosive Blast

Well thats all I have so far! Comments are welcome as always. And I will be working on some Artifacts to post soon as well!

peace and good gaming
Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Novac » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:37 pm

Look good so far. I wouldn't give the Giant Strength the extras if you were looking to take them more or less straight from D&D. Maybe give them the Extra Lifting Power Stunt if you wanted to jazz them up a bit.
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby Nightlynx » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:55 pm

Novac wrote:Look good so far. I wouldn't give the Giant Strength the extras if you were looking to take them more or less straight from D&D. Maybe give them the Extra Lifting Power Stunt if you wanted to jazz them up a bit.

Yeah
I went back and forth with that one - but your are right I did want to "Jazz" the belt up and that seemed the easiest way to go!

peace and good gaming
Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Neo » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:58 pm

You might want to add the "uses" flaw to the Wand of Lightning, the D&D version is a charged item after all.

Alternatively you could give thew wand a higher rank and give it the degrades flaw so that it will eventually wear out all together.
Mark "Neo" Howe

"Et Semel Emissum Volat Irevocabile Verbum"
http://www.neo-innovation.com/index.html
Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Novac » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:17 pm

Neo wrote:You might want to add the "uses" flaw to the Wand of Lightning, the D&D version is a charged item after all.

Alternatively you could give thew wand a higher rank and give it the degrades flaw so that it will eventually wear out all together.

Ooh, good catch on the uses one, hadn't thought of that. I don't normally tinker with devices.
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:32 am

Neo wrote:You might want to add the "uses" flaw to the Wand of Lightning, the D&D version is a charged item after all.

Yeah good catch but I didn't add the charges thing because I wanted these items to be usable as on going plot devices - in that they could be used by heroes or villians (PCs/NPCs) and charges would only lessen the usefulness in my opinion..... But the idea of having to 'recharge' items might also lead to some interesting adventures. Thanks for your input :)

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Last edited by Nightlynx on Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Artifacts

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:53 am

Ok Here are the first of the Artifacts that I have been working on. I have not gone with stright conversion in this case but am trying to go with the spirit of the artifacts from the DM's guide;

The Orbs of Dragonkind

Each Orb appears to be an egg-shaped polished stone of corrisponding color. Each Orb grants the following powers in addition to the ones outlined below: Force Field 6 - Amazing Save 4 (fortiude) - Flight 10. All Orbs possess the Flaw: Device and Source: Mystical

Black
Breath weapon - Corrorsion 10 (Acid Spray) extra: Range

Blue
Breath weapon - Energy Blast 10 (Lightning Bolt) extra: Explosive

Green
Breath weapon - Corrorsion 10 (Acid Gas) extra: Range / Area

Red
Breath weapon - Energy Control 10 (Fire) extra: Energy shapes

White
Breath weapon - Energy Control 10 (Cold) power stunt: Energy blast

and there you have them. C/C is welcome.....
peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Novac » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:30 am

On the topic of Dragon Orbs, did Dragonlance d20 ever get published?

KL, good job so far. I would think maybe about adding Mind Control as a limited extra. One 'color' dragon at a time. Then again, my memory is foggy about how those things worked way back when.
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby Striker » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:35 am

Nightlynx-I like what you've got so far. Hope you don't mind me posting a few of my own on your thread here.

Rod of Thunder and Lightning
Energy Blast(Lightning) +10
PS: Rapid Shot(Forked Bolt)
extra: Dazzle(sound)(extra: Area)
flaw: Device

Ioun Stones (all with Flaw: Device, of course)
Dusty Rose Prism: Dodge, Combat Sense+1
Clear Spindle: Immunity: Starvation
Pale Blue Rhomboid: Super Strength+1
Scarlet and Blue Sphere: Super Intelligence+1
Incandescent Blue Sphere: Super Wisdom+1
Deep Red Sphere: Super Dexterity+1
Pink Rhomboid: Super Constitution+1
Pink and Green Sphere: Super Charisma+1
Dark Blue Rhomboid: Super Skill: Spot+2(extra: Listen)
Iridescent Spindle: Immunity: Suffocation
Pale Green Prism: Luck+1(any better ideas?)
Pearly White Spindle: Regeneration+1
Pearly Lavender Ellipsoid: Neutralize+4(extra: Neutralizing Block)(flaw: Mystic source only)
Lavender and Green Ellipsoid: Neutralize+8(extra: Neutralizing Block)(Flaw: Mystic source only)

I have no idea what to do with the Vibrant Purple Prism stone. Maybe a form of Mimic(Powers)+6(flaw: only after hitting the stone with the power)?

And now for a personal favorite:

The Hammer of Thunderbolts
Weapon+10(ranged) (is +10 high enough for this sucker?)
extra: Mighty
extra: Thunderclap (Sonic Dazzle)(extra: area)
extra: Drain(Con) (flaw: only on Giants)
Note(Requires Belt of Giant Strength and Gauntlets of Oger Power to weild)

The con drain was the best way I could think of to make the death vs. giants effect. Any other ideas on it?

And that's all for now. Possibally more later.
Uprise, now fall in line. Roll with the pack or get left behind –P.O.D.
Striker
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Striker » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:39 am

Novac wrote:On the topic of Dragon Orbs, did Dragonlance d20 ever get published?

KL, good job so far. I would think maybe about adding Mind Control as a limited extra. One 'color' dragon at a time. Then again, my memory is foggy about how those things worked way back when.

Mind Control(flaw: Only on dragon of the same color), would be needed in there. Don't know what rank it would need to be to even have a hope of working though. Dragons are notoriesly good at all saves. !0 certainly wouldn't cut it for any dragon older than a Juvinile.
Uprise, now fall in line. Roll with the pack or get left behind –P.O.D.
Striker
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:29 am

Striker wrote:
Novac wrote:On the topic of Dragon Orbs, did Dragonlance d20 ever get published?

Mind Control(flaw: Only on dragon of the same color), would be needed in there. Don't know what rank it would need to be to even have a hope of working though. Dragons are notoriesly good at all saves. !0 certainly wouldn't cut it for any dragon older than a Juvinile.

Very true - I left out the "Dragon" mind control - so that if a GM wanted to use Dragons (the real creatures) it could always be added but if say they were just going to use the artifacts in some other fashion that would be ok too.

And feel free to post your own versions of D&D magic items! I think its cool to see other people's takes on the idea - It was the 12 talismans of Jackie Chan that got me started off in this direction to begin with :) I am currently working a certain Eye and Hand combo >:) and will post them soon!

peace and good gaming
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Gamskee » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:43 am

Good stuff. The only thing I might change is adding the passengers extra to the flying carpet- though I'm not sure if it becomes excessively large at that level.
Gamskee
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Crackerjack » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:19 pm

I am both scared and intrigued by the thought of a secret agent with a belt of giant strength...
"Look out boys, it's Astro City's greatest hero!"
"Hey, I dont see Samaritan anywhere..."
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby akunin773 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:46 pm

Please, someone convert Baba Yaga's hut!!!

lol

Seriously, tho. How would someone make a Sphere of Annihilation? I think that would make a kick a$$ adventure plot tool... Anyone wanna try?
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Good men are almost always bad men."
akunin773
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nightlynx » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:28 pm

Well Here are two more big bad Artifacts you your enjoyment:

The EYE and HAND of VECNA

The Hand of Vecna

- Drain 10 (Constitution)
- Transfer 10 (Super Powers)
- Corrosion 10

The Eye of Vecna

- Microscopic Vision 10
- Telescopic Sense 10 (Vision)
- Energy Blast 10 (Eldrich Energy) extra: explosive blast

The Hand appears to be mummified and must be placed on an arm that is without a left hand - it will graft itself onto the new host and can only be removed with force.

The Eye appeares to be some sort of stone but whit the appearance of a normal eye with a red iris - if placed up to a hosts eye, it will graft itself into the eye-shockit destroying the noraml human eye already present (if there is one) - it will also graft itself to the host and can only be removed with force.

Both have the Flaw: Device and Sorce: Mystical.

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Non-D&D Magic Items

Postby Dr Archeville » Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:04 am

Here's some magical items from DC and Marvel comics:

DC Comics
Amulet of Anubis As worn by Dr. Fate. [Effect: Dimensional Travel 15 (pocket dimension in amulet); Extra: Sorcery 2; Flaw: Device]
The Emerald Tablet An object inscribed with the power and knowledge of an Egyptian wizard named Hermes Trismegistus. [Effect: Sorcery 7; Extras: Dimensional Travel 10, Super-Skill (Knowledge: Arcana) 11; Power Stunt: Immunity (Aging); Flaw: Device]
The Green Knight’s Armor A masterpiece of military equipment; the helmet loks like a bearded man. [Effect: Armor 3; Extra: Super-Con 2, Super-Str 2]
The Green Knight’s Axe A massive weapon with a heavy, double-bladed axe head. [Effect: Weapon 5; Extra: Base Attack Bonus +2; Power Stunt: Dual Damage]
The Green Knight’s Girdle A potently potective sash. [Effect: Force Field 3; Extra: Regeneration 1; Power Stunt: Immunities (Aging, Disease, Exhaustion, Poison, Starvation, Suffocation)]
Heart of Darkness A giant black diamond that served as a prison for Eclipso, the God of Vengeance. It was cut into 1,000 identical gemstones, which substantially weakened the spell that had imprisoned Elcipso, allowing him to manifest on Earth by possessing anyone who held one of the smaller diamonds. [Effect: Super-Con 4, Super-Str 4, Protection 6, Energy Blast/Darkness 10, Force Field/Darkness 12; Flaw: Device, Host becomes pawn of Eclipso, Host receives Disturbing Weakness, Host receives Susceptible-Sunlight Weakness]
Helm of Nabu Also worn by Dr. Fate. [Effect: Sorcery 18; Extra: Super-Charisma 2, Super-Skill (Knowledge: Arcana) 9; Power Stunt: Immunity (Aging); Flaw: Device, Nabu‘s personality slowly supplants the wearer’s]
The Ibis-Stick A powerful “magic wand” given by Thoth to a young prince of ancient Egypt, who assumed the name Ibis. [Effect: Reality Manipulation 25; Flaw: Device; Cost: ]
Lazarus Pit An alchemical pool of unknown acids, poisons and other compounds found at the meeting point of two or more ley lines that can heal the sick and injured. [Effect: Healing 30; Extra: Regrowth, Resurrection, Super-Constitution 5, Super-Strength 5; Flaw: Forces recipient into a mindless Berserker rage once he emerges from the pit, during which time they possess the Super-Con and Super-Str, for one hour; Cost: ]
Madame Xanadu’s Crystal Ball The stand on which it rests is called the Formicarius. [Effect: ESP 5, Extra: Precognition 2; Flaw: Device; Cost: ]
The Medusa Mask Worn by the Psycho Pirate. [Effect: Mind Control 18 (Extra: Area; Flaw: Limit-Emotion Control); Extra: Illusion 12 (Extra: Damaging); Flaw: Device; Cost: 4/1pp] [54]
Ruby of Life A mystical gem created 4,000 years ago in the Temple of Asyreth in honor of the goddess of the Tiparenes. It was uncovered in Aztec ruins in Mexico. It appears as a flawless red ruby of astounding color and quality set on an exquisite golden chain. The wielder gains power over all inanimate objects the he touches. It was used by Sargon the Sorcerer, but since his death has been in the care of the Phantom Stranger. [Effect: Animation 15; Extra: Animate Gases, Animate Images, Animate Liquids, Animate Shadows, Horde; Flaw: Device, Range (Touch); Source: Mystical; Cost: 5pp] [75]
The Scarabaeus Worn by Silver Scarab. [Effect: Armor 6; Extra: Deflection 16 (Extra: Reflection; Flaw: Mystical Energy only), Energy Blast 16, Flight 8, Nullification (Magic) 16, Super-Charisma 2, Super-Constitution 4, Super-Dexterity 2, Super-Strength 4]
Starheart The sum total of all random magic in the universe, locked up by the Guardians of the Universe over four billion years ago. A fraction of this crashed to Earth and was forged into a green lantern & ring decades ago, and was later abosrbed by Alan Scott. [Abilities: Str -, Dex -, Con -, Intelligence 20, Wisdom 17, Charisma 8; Diplomacy 7r, Knowledge-Arcana 9r, Survival 7r; Amazing Save-Will 12; Effect: Energy Control/Light 25; Extra: Energy Blast, Energy Field, Energy Shapes, Flight, Force Field, Mimic 15]
Stones of Life 10 stones created from the mystic Flame of Life, which was capable of curing disease and social ills. [Effect: Healing 15; Extra: Super-Cha 5, Super-Con 5, Super-Str 5; Flaw: Device, Restricted-Must have a Mystical Power to use]
The Symbol of the Seven A palm-sized, round object with a cross-like marking, the Symbol of the Seven can repel and even exorcise supernatural beings and demonic energies. [Effect: Spirit Sense 10; Extra: Sorcery 8; Flaw: Device]
Trident of Lucifer the Prince of Evil’s symbolic instrument of rule in the underworld. The gold-pointed trident with a mysterious red jewel embedded on the base of the tip is capable of leading its owner to stray earthbound demons and enables him to send them back to the bowels of Hell. When let go of by the user, it transforms into a tattoo on his arm. The trident is capable of wicked blasts of fire and if any mortal touches it, it burns the skin from their bones. [Effect: Weapon 6; Extra: Energy Blast/Hellfire 13, Energy Field/Hellfire 10, Dimensional Travel (Hell) 18; Super-Cha 2; Flaw: Dimensional Travel only affects demons who have escaped from Hell]

Marvel Comics
The Darkhold Penned by Chthon the Elder God, it is a truly foul thing. [Effect: Boost 24; Extra: All Mystical Powers; Flaw: Device; Cost: 2pp] [48]
Cloak of Levitation Dr. Strange's Cloak. [Effect: Flight 12; Power Stunt: Super-Flight; Flaw: Device; Cost: 1pp] [13]
Ebony Blade Forged by the sorcerer Amergin from meteoric iron. Wielded by the Black Knight. [Effect: Weapon 6; Extra: Deflection 18 (Extra: Reflection; Flaw: Limit-Mystical Energy Only), Teleportation 30 (Chosen Wielder can teleport to the sword or vice versa); Flaw: If user kills someone with the blade, they gain the Berserk Weakness; Cost: ]
Eye of Agamotto Dr. Strange's amulet. [Effect: Telepathy 16; Extra: Super-Skill/Sense Motive 16; Flaw: Device; Cost: 2pp] [32]
Ka Stone The source of the Sphinx's powers. [Effects: Absorption (Boost) 15, Energy Blast 15, Flight 15, Growth 15, Healing 15, Mind Control 15, Shrinking 15, Telekinesis 15, Telepathy 15, Teleportation 15; Power Stunts: Immunities (Aging, Disease, Exhaustion, Poison, Starvation), Space Flight, Super-Flight; Flaw: Device; Cost: 16pp] [247]
Mjolnir The Hammer of Thor! [Effect: Weapon 7; Extra: Dazzle 18, Deflection 18 (Extra: Reflection; Flaw: Energy Only), Dimensional Travel 18, Weather Control 18 (Extra: Air Control, Flight, Lighting Bolts); Power Stunts: Detect (Magic); Flaw: Device; Cost: ]
Ruby of Cyttorak The source of the Juggernaut's fantastic powers! It's currently lodged in his brain. [Effect: Regeneration 5, Protection 26, Super-Strength 19; Power Stunts: Immunities (Disease, Energy-Cold, Energy-Fire, Energy-Radiation, Exhaustion, Poison, Starvation); Flaw: Device; Cost: ]
Satan Staff Wielded by Nicholas Scratch. [Effect: Boost 13; Extra: All Mystical Powers; Flaw: Device; Cost: 2pp] [26]
Wand of Watoomb Wielded by various mystics, including Baron Mordo. [Effect: Absorption (Boost) 20; Extra: Absorption Healing, Both Types, ESP 20; Flaws: Device, Limit-Mystical Powers Only; Cost: 4pp] [80]

Then there's the 12 Mystic Talismans of the Chinese Zodiac from Jackie Chan Adventures.

(( edit: forgot the Touch limitation on the Ruby of Life ))
Last edited by Dr Archeville on Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FNORD is Fnord is fnord...
Dr Archeville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Dr Archeville » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:19 pm

and here's some more D&D-ish items:

Ring of Chameleon Power The wearer of the ring can magically blend into their surroundings. [Effect: Blending 15; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [15]
Ring of Climbing This ring is actually a stiff leather cord that ties around a finger. [Effect: Super-Skill: Climbing 10; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [10]
Ring of Elemental Command: Air A very powerful ring. [Effect: Element Control/Air 15; Extras: Comprehend (Flaw: Creatures from Elemental Plane of Air only), Elemental Movement/Flight, Energy Blast/Lightning, Protection (Flaw: Electricity only), Shape Element (Flaw: Walls only); Flaw: Device, Wearer gains Vulnerability to Earth-based attacks; Source: Mystical; Cost: 5pp] [75]
Ring of Elemental Command: Earth A very powerful ring. [Effect: Element Control/Earth 15; Extras: Comprehend (Flaw: Creatures from Elemental Plane of Earth only), Elemental Movement/Tunneling, Protection (Flaw: Physical attacks only), Shape Element (Flaw: Walls only), Shape Matter (Flaw: earth & stone only); Flaw: Device, Wearer gains Vulnerability to Air- and Electricity-based attacks; Source: Mystical; Cost: 5pp] [75]
Ring of Elemental Command: Fire A very powerful ring. [Effect: Energy Control/Fire 15; Extras: Comprehend (Flaw: Creatures from Elemental Plane of Fire only), Energy Blast/Fire (Extra: Area), Protection (Flaw: Fire only), Shape Element (Flaw: Walls only); Flaw: Device, Wearer gains Vulnerability to Water- and Cold-based attacks; Source: Mystical; Cost: 5pp] [75]
Ring of Elemental Command: Water A very powerful ring. [Effect: Element Control/Water 15; Extras: Comprehend (Flaw: Creatures from Elemental Plane of Water only), Elemental Movement/Swimming, Energy Blast/Cold (Extra: Area), Shape Element; Flaw: Device, Wearer gains Vulnerability to Fire-based attacks; Source: Mystical; Cost: 5pp] [75]
Ring of Invisibility A simple silver ring. [Effect: Invisibility 12; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [12]
Ring of Jumping A fairly useful ring. [Effect: Leaping 12; Extra: Bouncing; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [12]
Ring of Mind Shielding A heavy gold ring. [Effect: Mental Protection 12; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [12]
Ring of Protection Offers continual magical protection. [Effect: Defense Bonus +5; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [5]
Ring of Regeneration A white gold ring. [Effect: Regeneration 15; Extra: Regrowth; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [30]
Ring of Sustenance This ring continually provides its wearer with life-sustaining nourishment. [Effect: Immunities 2 (Exhaustion, Starvation); Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [2]
Ring of Swimming This silver ring has a wave pattern etched into the band. [Effect: Super-Skill: Swimming 10; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [10]
Ring of Telekinesis A potent ring. [Effect: Telekinesis 9; Extra: Energy Blast; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [18]
Ring of X-Ray Vision This ring allows the wearer to see through organic matter, stone, iron, steel, copper, brass, and so forth. It cannot penetrate lead, gold or platnium. [Effect: Penetration Vision (not through lead); Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [1]
Rod of Absorption This rod acts as a magnet, drawing spells or spell-like abilities into itself. [Effect: Absorption/Energy (Boost) 15; Extra: Both types; Flaw: Device, Absorption from Mystical sources only; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [30]
Rod of Thunder & Lightning Constructed of iron set with silver rivets. [Effect: Energy Blast/Lightning 9; Extras: Dazzle (Auditory) 3, Energy Field 3; Power Stunt: Energy Blast/Sonic 2; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 4/3/1pp] [8+3+6=17]
Rod of Withering A nasty weapon. [Effect: Drain (Ability Score) 4; Extra: All Attributes (Str & Con), Slow Recovery 3 (regain 1/day); Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 5pp] [20]
Staff of Defense A simple-looking staff that throbs with power when held defensively. [Effect: Force Field 15; Free Extra: Impenetrable; Extra: Area; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [15]
Staff of Earth & Stone This staff is topped with a fist-sized emerald that gleams with smoldering power. [Effect: Incorporeal 11; Extra: Shape Matter; Flaw: Powers only work on earth & stone; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [22]
Staff of Fire A bronzewood staff with brass bindings. [Effect: Energy Control/Fire 8; Extras: Energy Blast (Extra: Explosive Blast), Energy Shapes (Flaw: Walls only); Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 4pp] [32]
Staff of Frost A rune-covered staff tipped on either end with a glistening diamond. [Effect: Energy Control/Cold 8; Extras: Energy Blast (Extra: Explosive Blast), Energy Shapes (Flaw: Walls only); Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 4pp] [32]
Staff of Healing A white ash staff, inlaid with silver runes. [Effect: Healing 7; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [14]
Staff of Life Made of thick oak shod in gold. [Effect: Healing 13; Extras: Regrowth, Resurrection; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 4pp] [52]
Staff of Passage A potent item. [Effect: Astral Projection 17; Extra: Teleportation 17; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 5pp] [85]
Staff of Size Alteration A stout & sturdy staff made of dark wood. [Effect: Growth 5; Extra: Shrinking 5; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 6pp] [30]
Dr Archeville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Nightlynx » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:40 pm

Dr Archeville!
You are my hero! :green:
And I really mean that in a good way too >:)

Thanks for adding to the thread.....

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx

:idea: If anyone is using this goodies - how is it working out? :idea:
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Dr Archeville » Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:50 pm

Heh, and she's not even wearing HypnoChip when she says that... ;)

Here'sa few more:

Amulet of Health A golden disk on a chain bearing the image of a lion or other power animal. It enhances the wearer‘s constitution. [Effect: Super-Constitution 3; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 3pp] [9]
Boots of Elvenkind Soft leather boots that enable the wearer to move quietly in most any environment. [Effect: Super-Skill: Move Silently 10; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [10]
Belt of Giant Strength A wide belt made of thick leather and studded with iron, which enhances the wearers strength. [Effect: Super-Strength 3; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 3pp] [9]
Boots of Levitation Leather boots that allow a limited form of flight. [Effect: Flight 3; Flaw: Device, Limit-Levitation; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [3]
Boots of Speed Leather boots that allow superhuman speed. [Effect: Super-Speed 10; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 5pp] [50]
Boots of Striding & Springing These boots double the wearer‘s normal speed and permit great leaps to be made. [Effect: Running 6; Extra: Leaping 3 (Extra: Bouncing); Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2/1pp] [6+3=9]
Boots, Winged Leather boots that can sprout wings at the heel, allowing for flight. The magic of the boots only works for 2 hours/day. [Effect: Flight 15; Extra: Increased Maneuverability 2 (Good); Flaw: Device, Restricted-Can only fly for a total of 2 hours/day; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [30]
Bracers of Armor Wrist or arm guards that surround the wearer in an invisible but tangible field of force. [Effect: Force Field 8; Free Extra: Invisible; Extra: Impenetrable; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [8]
Broom of Flying A “witch‘s broom.” [Effect: Flight 15; Extra: Increased Maneuverability 2 (Good); Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 3pp] [45]
Cape of the Mountebank A bright red and gold cape that allows the wearer to teleport away in a cloud of smoke. [Effect: Teleport 9; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [9]
Circlet of Blasting, Minor A simple golden headband that allows the wearer to unleash searing blasts of light. [Effect: Energy Blast/Light 4; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [4]
Circlet of Blasting, Major An elaborate golden headband that allows the wearer to unleash searing blasts of light. [Effect: Energy Blast/Light 6; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [6]
Circlet of Persuasion A silver headband that enhances the wearer‘s Charisma. [Effect: Super-Charisma 2; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [2]
Cloak of Arachnida A black garment, embroidered with a weblike pattern in silk. It enables the wearer to walk on walls like a spider, shoot forth sticky webs, and grants a heightened resistance to spider venoms. [Effect: Clinging 6; Extras: Amazing Save: Fortitude 6 (Limit-only vs. spider poisons), Snare 6, Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 3pp] [18]
Cloak of the Bat A dark brown or black cloth cloak that allows the wearer to fly and to shapeshift into a normal (diminutive) bat. It also helps him blend into the darkness. [Effect: Fly 15 (Extra: Increased Maneuverability 2 (Good)); Extras: Shapeshift 10 (Extra: Shrinking; Flaw: Limit-Bat only), Super-Skill: Hide 10; Flaw: Device, Restricted-only in darkness; Source: Mystical; Cost: 4/2pp] [40+10=50]
Cloak of Charisma A lightweight and fashionable cloak with a highly decorative silver trim. It enhances the wearers personal magnetism. [Effect: Super-Charisma 3; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [3]
Cloak of Elvenkind A neutral grey cloak with a hood, that allows the wearer to blend into his surroundings. [Effect: Super-Skill: Hide 10; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [10]
Cloak of Resistance This garment offers magical protection. [Effect: Amazing Save: Fortitude 5; Extras: Other Saves (Reflex, Will); Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [10]
Eyes of the Eagle These items are made of special crystal and fit over the eyes of the wearer. They enhance the wearer‘s long-distance eyesight. [Effect: Telescopic Sense (Vision) 5; Extra: Super-Skill: Spot 5; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [10]
Eyes of Petrification These items are made of special crystal and fit over the eyes of the wearer. They allow her to use a petrifying gaze attack, such as that of a basilisk. [Effect: Transmutation 11; Extra: Continuous; Flaw: Device, Limit-only flesh to stone; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [11]
Gauntlets of Ogre Power These gauntlets are made of tough leather with iron studs running across the back of the hands and fingers. They double the wearer‘s strength. [Effect: Super-Strength 1; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 3pp] [3]
Gauntlet of Rust This single metal gauntlet looks rusted and pitted but is actually quite powerful. With a touch, the wearer can corrode iron and most other metallic items into powder. [Effect: Disintegration 7; Extra: Continuous; Flaw: Device, Limit-Metal only, Reduced Range 1 (Touch); Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [7]
Gloves of Dexterity These tight-fitting, thin leather gloves are very flexible and allow for delicate manipulation. [Effect: Super-Dexterity 3; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 3pp] [9]
Goggles of Minute Seeing The lenses of this item are made of very special crystal. When placed over the eyes of the wearer, they enable her to see much better than normal at distances of 1 foot or less. [Effect: Microscopic Sense (Vision) 5; Extra: Super-Skill: Search 5; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [10]
Goggles of Night The lenses of this item are made of dark crystal. Even though the lenses are opaque, when placed over the eyes of the wearer they enable him to see normally and grants darkvision. [Effect: Darkvision; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [1]
Hat of Disguise This apparently normal hat allows its wearer to alter her appearance (including clothing & equipment). As part of the disguise, the hat can be changed to appear as a comb, ribbon, headband, cap, coif, hood, helmet, and so on. [Effect: Shapeshift 10; Extra: Exact; Flaw: Device, Limit-People only; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [10]
Headband of Intellect This device is a light cord with a small gem set so that it rests upon the forehead of the wearer. The headband increases the wearers intellectual abilities. [Effect: Super-Intelligence 3; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [3]
Helm of Comprehending Languages Appearing as a normal helmet, it grants the wearer a 90% chance to understand any strange tongue or writing she encounters. [Effect: Comprehend 4; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [4]
Helm of Telepathy Appearing as a normal helmet, it allows the wearer to read & broadcast thoughts. [Effect: Telepathy 8; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [8]
Helm of Teleportation Appearing as a normal helmet, it allows the wearer to teleport. [Effect: Teleport 9; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [9]
Horn of Blasting This horn appears to be a normal trumpet. It can be sounded as a normal horn, but can also unleash devastating cones of sound that damage, stun, and deafen. [Effect: Dazzle (Audio) 7, Energy Blast/Sonic 7, Stun 7; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 3pp] [21]
Horn of Fog This small bugle allows its possessor to blow forth a thick cloud of heavy fog. The device makes a deep, foghornlike noise, with the note dropping abruptly to a lower register at the end of each blast. [Effect: Obscure 3; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [9]
Iron Bands of Bilarro This item appears to be a rusty iron sphere, but close examination reveals that there are bandings on the 3-inch-diameter globe. When the command word is spoken and the spherical iron device is hurled at an opponent, the bands expand and tightly constrict the target creature. A single creature of Large size or smaller can be captured thus and held immobile until the command word is spoken to bring the bands into globular form again. [Effect: Snare 10; Extra: Removable; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [20]
Medallion of Thoughts This appears to be a normal pendant disk hung from a neck chain. It is usually fashioned from bronze, copper or nickel-silver. It allows the wearer to detect and broadcast thoughts. [Effect: Telepathy 5; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [5]
Necklace of Adaptation This necklace is a heavy chain with a platinum medallion. The magic of the necklace wraps the wearer in a shell of fresh air, making him immune to all gases and allowing him to breathe, even underwater or in vacuum. [Effect: Immunity to Suffocation; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp ] [1]
Orb of Storms This glass sphere is 8 inches in diameter, and allows the possessor to call forth all manner of weather. [Effect: Weather Control 18; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [18]
Periapt of Health The wearer of this blue gem on a silver chain is immune to disease, including supernatural ones. [Effect: Immunity to Disease; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [1]
Periapt of Proof Against Poison The wearer of this brilliant-cut black gem on a delicate silver chain is immune to poisons. [Effect: Immunity to Poison; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [1]
Periapt of Wisdom Although it appears to be a normal pearl on a light chain, it actually increases the wearers awareness and self-control. [Effect: Super-Wisdom 3; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [6]
Robe of Blending The wearer of this robe intuitively knows that the garment has very special properties. It enables the wearer to appear to be part of his surroundings, and allows the wearer to adopt that appearance of another person at will (clothing and equipment are also altered). [Effect: Blending 15; Extra: Shapechange 10 (Flaw: Limit-People only); Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2/1pp] [25]
Robe of Eyes This valuable garment appears to be a normal robe until it is put on. Its wearer is able to see in all directions at the same moment due to scores of visible, magical eyelike patterns that adorn the robe. The robe also enhances the wearer sight in other ways. [Effect: Combat Sense 15; Extra: Super-Senses 15 (Flaw: Sight only); Power Stunts: All-Around Sight, Darkvision, See Invisibility; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 2pp] [33]
Slippers of Spider Climbing When worn, a pair of these slippers enables movement on vertical surfaces or even upside down along ceilings, leaving the wearer’s hands free, at a speed of 15 feet/round. [Effect: Clinging 3; Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp] [3]
Dr Archeville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Nightlynx » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:52 am

Ok does anyone remember the "What if?" where Tony Stark (Iron Man) was the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth and Dr Steven Strange was just his house man?

Think IRON MAN in mystical armor with a computer loaded with spells.....

How would ya write that up i wonder?
peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Dr Archeville » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:24 pm

Mystic Armor 15 This suit of enchanted armor (which looks something like a cross between full plate mail and an archmage's robes) grants the wielder vast sorcerous power, and an onboard "Daemon" can share sorcerous knowledge with the wearer via a telepathic link in the helmet. [Effect: Armor 15; Extra: Sorcery 15 (Spells: Energy Blast, Force Field (Free Extra: Area), Illusion, Shape Matter, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Teleportation), Super-Skill: Knowledge-Occult 15; Source: Mystical; Cost: 9pp] [135]
Last edited by Dr Archeville on Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr Archeville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Dr Archeville » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:07 am

*bump*
Dr Archeville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Magic Items for M&M

Postby Giddoen » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:40 pm

Nightlynx wrote:Greetings folks!
Well with all the mystical theamed treads going on I was inspired to convert these items from the pages of my 3rd ed D&D Dungeon Masters Guide: All of the following have the flaw: Device and source: Mystical.

Belt of Giant Strength
Super-strength 10 - extras: Shockwave, Thunderclap

Boots of Striding and Springing
Running 5 / Leaping 5

Broom of Flying
Flight 10

Cape of Mountebank
Teleportation 10 - flaw: Obvious (cloud of smoke)

Carpet of Flying
Flight 10 - power stunt: Grapple

Cloak of Arachnida
Clinging 5 / Snare 5 (webs) - extra: swinging

Crystal Ball
Esp 10 - extra: Interdimensional

Horn of Blasting
Energy Blast 10 (sonic) - power stunt: Dual Damage, Dazzle - extra: Explosive Blast

Pipes of the Sewers
Mind Control 10 - Flaw: limited - animal control (vermin)

Wand of Lightning
Eneregy Blast 10 (electricity) - power stunt: Dual Damage - extra: Explosive Blast

Well thats all I have so far! Comments are welcome as always. And I will be working on some Artifacts to post soon as well!

peace and good gaming
Nightlynx

ok call me dumb but what is the PP cost of these? is it the cost listed with said power at the level? I would assume so but just wanted to ask.
I could be nice...but wheres the fun in that!
Giddoen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Nightlynx » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:26 pm

That would be the case yes but with the Flaw-device so take that into consideration an as always

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives