Some D&D Crossovers

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Some D&D Crossovers

Postby itsclark » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:17 pm

These aren't strictly conversions. Instead I took two Celestial races from the new D&D Monster Manual and turned them into individual M&M characters with powers similar to the original concepts. In general terms, these are stripped down *alot* from the D&D versions. But they do come in at reasonable power levels. There has been alot of tweakage here.

With that out of the way, meet: Bralani and Ghaele:
(part of "Eladrin" illustration from MM V. 3.5)

These siblings are members of the Eladrin, a noble race which populates the "Olympian Glades of Arborea" on some idyllic outer plane of existence.

Bralani can become a raging whirlwind; blasting opponents with sheets of wind laced with sand or snow. He carries a magical bladed weapon which he wields with exceptional skill. Ghaele is also a formidable a warrior, and a competent sorceress as well. She can assume the form of a floating ball of light, or use magical, light-based powers against her enemies. Even a greatsword made of magical light energy springs to her hand at will.

Characters resistant to either magic or light based attacks resist Ghaele's powers. Similarly, character vulnerable to either magic or light based effects are vulnerable to these effects. Both warriors are skilled at striking to stun with thier melee weapons, i.e. using the pommel or flat of the blade. These weapons (and other gear) vanish when thier owners assume alternate form.

Bralani: PL 13
Eyes: glowing blue
Hair: pure white
Init +12; Defense 23(15 flat-footed) [Cost 10 PP DB];
Spd 30 ft (fly 30 ft);
Atk +9 melee (+4S punch; +9 S/L pole weapon) [Cost 15 PP AB];
SV Dmg +8, Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +7;
Str 18, Dex 20 (+3 super), Con 20 (+3 super), Int 14, Wis 20 (+2 super), Cha 14. [Cost 46]
Skills: Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +5, Language (Celestial) +1, Move Silently +5, Ride +5, Sense Motive +5 [Cost 26 PP]
Feats: Blind-Fight, Improved Initiative, Endurance, Immunities (Aging, Disease), See Invisibility [Cost 12 PP]
Powers:
Super-Constitution +3 [Extra: Super-Dex; Source: Alien; Cost: 21 PP],
Super-Wisdom +2 [Source: Alien; Cost: 6 PP],
Alternate Form, Gas (whirlwind) +6 [Energy Field instead of Suffocation; Extras: Area, Air Control; Stunt: Super-flight; Source: Mystical; Cost: 44 PP],
Weapon +5 [Extras: Dual Damage, Ghost Touch ; Source: Device; Cost: 15 pp]

Ghaele: PL 17
Eyes: glowing white
Hair: greenish black
Init +7; Defense 20(17 flat-footed) [Cost 14 PP DB];
Spd 30 ft (fly 45 ft, teleport 45 ft);
Atk +9 melee (+5S punch; +11S/L lightsword), +10 ranged (+9S EB) [Cost 21 PP AB];
SV Dmg +8, Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9;
Str 15 (+3 super), Dex 16, Con 20 (+3 super), Int 16, Wis 20 (+4 super), Cha 16. [Cost 43 PP]
Skills: Concentration +5, Diplomacy +5, Handle Animal +5, Knowledge (occult) +6, Language (Celestial) +1, Move Silently +5, Ride +5, Sense Motive +5 [Cost 37 PP]
Feats: Expertise, Improved Initiative, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Identity Change, Immunities (aging, disease), See Invisibility [Cost 16 PP]
Powers:
Super-Constitution +3 [Extra: Super-Strength; Source: Alien; Cost: 21 PP],
Super-Wisdom +4 [Source: Alien; Cost: 12 PP],
"Magical Abilities" Sorcery +9 with Nuetralize, Telepathy, Illusion, Healing, and Teleportation; Control and Offensive groups excluded; Stunt: Extended Teleport [Extra: Alternate Form (Light) with Flaw: actions limited to non-offensive; Extra: Light Control; Stunts: Super-Flight, Energy Blast (Light), Natural Weapon (lightsword +6, Dual Damage), Natural Weapon (lightsword +6S, Ghost Touch); Source: Mystical; Cost: 91]
Last edited by itsclark on Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
itsclark
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Nightlynx » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:36 pm

Cool stuff!
I was wondering when someone would get arounfd to converting D&D characters to the M&M system - I think they are really cool! Looking forward to seeing more from you!

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Novac » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:39 pm

Pretty neat, I like the pic. Which book is that from (if any)?
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby itsclark » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:14 pm

Thanks guys! The pic is from part of the MM ver. 3.5 artwork for the Eladrin. I should have made that clearer. No way I can draw like that! :oops:

I hope to give a similar treatment to some of the Demons soon.
itsclark
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Novac » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:19 pm

Aha! No wonder. I picked up the PhB and DMG but I figured I'd opt out of the MM because I never GM. Lot of good art, ja?
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby itsclark » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:26 pm

Most of the art is recycled from MM 3.0. I wouldn't recommend upgrading for the art. Some of the the other changes are worthwhile though (tougher demons & devils, clearer stat blocks, ect.)
itsclark
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Novac » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:28 am

Sounds like next payday I'll go ahead and grab it. The new Damage Resistance thing looks interesting.
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby itsclark » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:05 pm

Here's another one... a version of the Steel Predator from 3.0 Fiend Folio, coming in at PL13.

The Steel Predator is a metallized monster in the shape of a hulking panther. Sinews like iron are visible in the places not sheathed in dusky, organic steel plates. The beast is larger than the largest of great cats, and can leap just as far. Nonetheless, at about 1600 lbs it is even heavier than it looks. Three unblinking black eyes run down either side of a smooth, alien head. The creature is incredibly agile and cunning, and unleashes a shattering sonic roar when pressed. When possible, however, it prefers to attack from ambush and slip away unseen. It's primal (possibly alien) temperament grants it some shielding against mental intrusion, and the protection offered by it's great size combines with a high constitution to render most civilian weapons nearly useless against it. It seeks both meat and metal to satiate it's enormous appetite. Is it from outer space, another dimension, or the laboratory of some mad genius? Is there just one, or a ravenous pack out there somewhere?

Steel Predator: PL 13

Init +12;
Defense 22 (14 flat-footed) [Cost 8 PP DB];
Spd 55 ft;
Atk +8 melee (+11L, claw or bite) [Cost 12 PP AB];
SV Dmg +8, Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +8;
Str 18 (+3 super), Dex 20 (+3 super), Con 20 (+3 super), Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 12. [Cost 36 PP ]
Skills: Balance +5, Climb +8, Hide +9, Move Silently +5, Search +10 (with Talented), Spot +10 (with Talented) [Cost 43 PP]
Feats: Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Indomitable Will, Power Attack, Rapid Strike, Startle, Surprise Strike, Talented, Darkvision, Power Immunity, Scent [Cost 22 PP]
Powers:
Growth +6 [Special: Replace 3 ranks of Super-Strength with Super-Constitution; Flaw: Permanent; Source: Alien; Cost: 30 PP],
Leaping +6 [Stunt: Running +3; Source: Alien; Cost: 8 PP],
Super-Dexterity +3 [Source: Alien; Cost: 12 PP],
Amazing Save, Will +5 [Source: Alien; Cost 4 PP],
Natural Weapon +4L [Extras: Climbing; Source: Alien; Cost 12 PP],
Energy Blast, Sonic +6S [Extras: Dazzle vs. hearing; Explosive Blast; Flaw: No Range; Source: Alien; Cost 18 PP],
Weakness: Beast (can't speak, no fine manipulation, ect.) [Cost -10 PP]
itsclark
Dabbler
Dabbler

Good Stuff!

Postby Brutorz Bill » Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:08 pm

Nice work! keep 'em coming!!
Brutorz Bill
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Doctor Otaku » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:41 pm

Good work, man! You got the right idea of not trying to do a direct conversion. But instead, visualizing them as if they are comic book characters :)
Doctor Otaku
"I'm not a villain, I'm just heroically challenged!"
Visit the The Demented Dojo!
Doctor Otaku
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Neo » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:40 pm

Fortuitous also that you chose my favourite of all the monsters in Fiend Folio 3e :D cheers!
Mark "Neo" Howe

"Et Semel Emissum Volat Irevocabile Verbum"
http://www.neo-innovation.com/index.html
Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives