WSAR News: Contributor Basics Revised

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

WSAR News: Contributor Basics Revised

Postby SmokestackJones » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:31 pm

Hey there,

Okay, I've done a few of these now so I got a good idea what works and what doesn't. Thus, the contributor revision:

1. For now, the reports will be 2-3 stories.
2. They will be read by "Troy Watkins" (until I can talk a some people at the station to lend their voices for "on-the-scene reports", etc.).
3. I'll be using a mix of stories and plot hooks I created and things folks have sent me.
4. It will be Freedom City based, but that doesn't mean I can't cover stories from Around The Nation/World (aka others' campaign cities).
5. Try to give me as much detail as you can recall. I can edit it down to managable size and I probably won't use all of it (after all, "breaking" stories don't always have all the information and a lot of the time the press won't always get-or report-the "whole story").
6. Important! make sure you give me the basic details you want to hear in the story. In other words, the names of the heroes/villians involved, the location, prominent NPC's, etc. Otherwise, I use "creative license" which may or may not reflect what the press knows what happens.
7. Also Important! To keep the contributions separate from my regular spam, uh, email, send news ideas/game reports to my other email address: smokestackjones@elvis.com.

Thanks everyone. Any questions, just lemme know. Keep 'em comin'.

-SJ
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby mrobviousjosh » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:24 pm

Cool. When I get some more free time I'll do that. I actually think I can check my web hosting for you too. Sorry it's taken so long. :(
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby SmokestackJones » Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:39 pm

mrobviousjosh wrote:Cool. When I get some more free time I'll do that. I actually think I can check my web hosting for you too. Sorry it's taken so long. :(

Hey MrOb,

Thanks for the space, but looks like Valdier's gonna put 'em up. He already has some of my stuff up there. Yet...

Hmm...maybe I can post on both sites. Whaddya think?

-SJ
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives