Trying to Convert from Marvel SAGA

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Trying to Convert from Marvel SAGA

Postby SMAX » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:23 pm

Hi list.

I've just wrote some general guides to help me to bring my favorites write-ups from Marvel SAGA sheets to M&M (and possibly vice-versa). This idea came to me while I started planing an Ultimate Marvel series using the M&M system. I have a LOT of SAGA write-ups, so....

These are rough ideas, so don't be too severe while reading. It's not supposed to make complete conversions, only a good start. Marvel SAGA characters don't have Levels, so they are not limited in the range of their characteristics by anykind of trait like that.

Anyway, any conversion is a very personal portrait. Check it out:

- - - - - -

ABILITIES
Strength: Strength and Constitution.
Agility: Dexterity.
Intelect: Intelligence.
Willpower: Wisdom and Charisma.

Add 8 to a SAGA score to find the equivalent in d20. Each point in a SAGA score beyond 10 is treated as one rank at the apropriate Super-Ability. (so, Spiderman with his Strenght 14 in SAGA has Str20 and Super-Str4).

SKILLS (& Feats)
Some SAGA skills turn into Feats (aerial combat, assesment), so watch out!

Ability Code D: rank in that Skill equal to 25% of the SAGA Ability score.
Ability Code C: rank in that Skill equal to 50% of the SAGA Ability score.
Ability Code B: rank in that Skill equal to 75% of the SAGA Ability score.
Ability Code A: rank in that Skill equal to 100% of the SAGA Ability score.
Universal Skill: rank in that Skill equal to 125% the SAGA Ability score.
Round as you prefer.

POWERS
As Mr. Kenson personally stated in another list, the power levels are almost equivalent. So just keep the power Intensity as the number of ranks in that power. Extras and Stunts are chosen properly.

- - - - - - -

So, What you guys think?
SMAX
"Better watcha back, dude..."
SMAX
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:15 am

Greetings Smax
I was a big fan of the Saga system myself still have all the books and what not - I was wondering if you have tried to do any conversions using this forumla and if so what were the results - I am thinking abotutrying my hand at a few use to see if it can be done....

but from this it looks pretty good!
peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby AaronUnicorn » Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:38 am

The only flaw I see with this conversion is it will lead to a lot of characters having 20s as stats, with correspondingly lower Super-stats. The example you gave for Spider-Man, for instance.

Now, this is a topic that has been beaten to death on this board. It isn't neccessairly WRONG to do it that way, and it is usually the most point efficient way to do it, but some people feel it lacks character.
AaronUnicorn
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby SMAX » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:31 pm

Hi folks.

Well, Nightlynx, as I stated these aren’t full conversion guidelines. They were supposed to make the job easier. By far, it’s working ok for me. Go ahead and try some.

And AaronUnicorn, I don’t see a problem with stats 20, since what it really matters is the Ability Modifier. Well, that’s not true when you deal with nullifications.... With that’s bothering you, why don’t you just adjust the Ability Modifier between the normal Stat and a Super-Stat until you reach the perfect numbers for you.

Smax
"Better watcha back, dude..."
SMAX
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives