Freedom Force - Not the Video GAME!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Moderator: Super Moderators

Freedom Force - Not the Video GAME!

Postby Nightlynx » Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:50 pm

Greetings fellows -
I was reading Freedom city again and came up with this idea after going over the rogues of the various Heroes of the Freedom League. So I am posting it here for you fine folks. Hopefully it will inspire someone out there in some way.

The Freedom Force:

Lady Lightning
The obsessed Lisa Moore has devised a new ploy to get Captain Thunder' s attention. She has recruited other "rogues" to form a group of supers to act on the side of justice. This Freedom Force, as they call themselves, act as judge, jury, and jailer to the evil doers of Freedom City.

Furies Three
Tisiphone, Megaera, and Alecto were the first recruits into the Freedom Force. The groups proactive approch to crime fighting suited their own agenda just fine.

Glacier
Gela-ziir has overcome his survivor's guilt with the aid of Lady lightning. Who has helped him to refocus his efforts to act as a guardian of the planet. He joined the Freedom Force to insure the world would be a safe place for his peoples return.

Fear-Master
Melvin Blume used his fear induceing technology to terrorize those who had bullied him. He joined Freedom Force to terrorize the greatest bullies of all, wrong doers.

X-Isle
The Living City has become an intelligent prision for all the worng doers that its collegues in the Freedom Force have passed judgnment on.

The Scarab
Mysterious masked man, it was the new Scarab who convinced Lady Lightning to marshal the "rogues" who would become Freedom Force. Using his own mental abilities to help the other members of the team to see things eye to eye, his real agenda and idenitity are unknow, even to the rest of the team.

comments are very welcome -
peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Last edited by Nightlynx on Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Novac » Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:56 pm

Here I thought it was going to be about the video game :)
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby Daywalker » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:53 pm

Same here Novac. Heres to hoping that the sequel is being worked on as we speak.
Daywalker
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Novac » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:53 pm

Daywalker wrote:Same here Novac. Heres to hoping that the sequel is being worked on as we speak.

Hey, they changed the name, that's great :)
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby Nightlynx » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:01 pm

Novac wrote:
Daywalker wrote:Same here Novac. Heres to hoping that the sequel is being worked on as we speak.

Hey, they changed the name, that's great :)

Yes I changed the name of the topic! I was hoping for a bit more feed back than - humm "I was hoping this would be about some video game" :roll: - So much for that.

still feed back would be welcome But PLEASE no more about some video game that I for one would not bother with - Just my opinion but I really don't care for video games...

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Samurai007 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:36 pm

I like it... especially the part about X-Isle acting as a prison.

I would suggest 1 minor change, possibly: Say that only 1 Fury may exist at a time. She may transform into/ summon another of her sisters, each of whom has a different focus/ power-set. Otherwise, it just seems a bit redundant to have all 3 Furies running around at once.

Just my 2 cents...
Samurai007
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:11 am

Samurai007 wrote:I like it... especially the part about X-Isle acting as a prison.

I would suggest 1 minor change, possibly: Say that only 1 Fury may exist at a time. She may transform into/ summon another of her sisters, each of whom has a different focus/ power-set. Otherwise, it just seems a bit redundant to have all 3 Furies running around at once.

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks for the feed back! I wasn't sure about the Furies either but going by thir write up in Freedom City I assume that their sonic powers work together in some way and this would require them to all be present. Thses characters can all be found in the Freedom City book and are not my own creation - just my idea of a way to incorprate them into a game with a twist.

Say they set their sights on the PC's as a group of wrong doers because the Pc's don't agree with their tatics or some such :)

peace and good gaming
nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Novac » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:32 am

Nightlynx wrote:still feed back would be welcome But PLEASE no more about some video game that I for one would not bother with - Just my opinion but I really don't care for video games...

Pratice what you preach.
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby Cosmic Coyote » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:41 am

I like the idea.

How proactive are they? What would they consider crime? White-collar stuff?

How will the Freedom League react if and when they cross the line!

Mind if I use the idea in my world?

CC.
Cosmic Coyote
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:22 pm

Novac wrote:
Nightlynx wrote:still feed back would be welcome But PLEASE no more about some video game that I for one would not bother with - Just my opinion but I really don't care for video games...

Pratice what you preach.

I am unsure what it is your are trying to say Novac - but if this is some sort of retort then I will simplly give this the due it is deserving :roll: a big WHATEVER

Cosmic Coyote -
Please feel free to use them in anyway you would like - That is the reason I posted ththis in the first place to offer up an idea I had while reading the Freedom City book....

I see them as being very proacitve on crime - like seeking out crime or evil as they see it and very much crossing the line into being vigillanties. But feeel free to use the concept however it works best for your game.

Peace and good gaming
Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Novac » Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:07 pm

[quote="Nightlynx"]
I am unsure what it is your are trying to say Novac - but if this is some sort of retort then I will simplly give this the due it is deserving :roll: a big WHATEVER

Well sweetums, it was in regards to your post telling people off about 'putting people in their place' you seem to dish it out, but my goodness you sure don't want to take it. So there you go. I didn't want to infer you are slow, despite what you said about a post I made, but hey. Pot, kettle, it's black. Ciao.
Novac
Booster
Booster

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:20 pm

This deserves no comment and only proves that "one bad apple can in fact spoil...." as it where - To the rest of the forum. I will no long address this person or his petty taunts in the public forum ....

Now if anyone would like to talk about something that relates to the topic at hand, ie using sorce material from the Freedom City book. I would be more than willing to do so. I look forward to hearing how things go with your own games if you use my idea or any of the mateiral I have offered up for all to see.

as always - peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby SassyRonin » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:37 pm

Kids, one more flame-like post and this thread is deleted.
SassyRonin
Triple Secret Administrator
Triple Secret Administrator

Postby SESchend » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:59 pm

Nightlynx wrote:
Samurai007 wrote:I would suggest 1 minor change, possibly: Say that only 1 Fury may exist at a time. She may transform into/ summon another of her sisters, each of whom has a different focus/ power-set. Otherwise, it just seems a bit redundant to have all 3 Furies running around at once.

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks for the feed back! I wasn't sure about the Furies either but going by thir write up in Freedom City I assume that their sonic powers work together in some way and this would require them to all be present. Thses characters can all be found in the Freedom City book and are not my own creation - just my idea of a way to incorprate them into a game with a twist.

Well, the Furies/Chorale will be written up (by me) some time this year, so I may as well head off any changes. I like the ideas above though they are all extant at once, and as androids, they've got interesting ways of rationalizing what they do to others and each other.

They're all pretty much a play off of Ultron's Bride/Jocasta merged with elements of the Vision, Black Canary, and various other influences and homages. They're individually powered equal to Dinah/BC, but if they can work together with their powers, they're of a level closer to Klaw (who I always thought was written stupidly and deserved a higher status as a villain).

Steven Schend
Hard at work on more projects than he can mention....
SESchend
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Nightlynx » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:41 pm

SESchend wrote:Well, the Furies/Chorale will be written up (by me) some time this year, so I may as well head off any changes. I like the ideas above though they are all extant at once, and as androids, they've got interesting ways of rationalizing what they do to others and each other.

They're all pretty much a play off of Ultron's Bride/Jocasta merged with elements of the Vision, Black Canary, and various other influences and homages. They're individually powered equal to Dinah/BC, but if they can work together with their powers, they're of a level closer to Klaw (who I always thought was written stupidly and deserved a higher status as a villain).

Steven Schend
Hard at work on more projects than he can mention....

Well i pictured them as being the means to send offenders to X-Isle by using their combined vocal harmonic to creat a portal to the living "prison" just to show that working together they are more powerful than alone or in a pair......

Nightlynx
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives