Thundercats!

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby Nightlynx » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:05 pm

mrobviousjosh wrote:This is an awesome thread. Also, great job including Snarf. He's so awesome. :wink:

I agree about the thread - What about seeing the other three Thundercats - I remeber there was a blind guy, another cat-chick, and a white tiger guy? Its been awhile and I can't recall them all...

peace and good gaming

Nightlynx
Something unprecedented is just being born, and I want to see it. But it is the one thing I break even by tounching it. Randomness. - GOD
Nightlynx
Henchman
Henchman

Postby mrobviousjosh » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:26 pm

They were added later. Yep, you're right. They would be good additions. Also, the bad team. You know, the ones from the volcano. One was a sleep guy, a frost woman, a guy with heat vision, etc. Anyway, just some ideas. :)
If you send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.
-Triple X-
mrobviousjosh
Super Poster
Super Poster

Season 3

Postby XEI » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:57 pm

Yup, I know who you guys are talking about: Linx-O, Pumara and Bengali along with Snarfer. The other bad guys are the Lunatics: Luna, Tugmug, Chilla, Alluroe, Amuk and Red Eye.

:)

Season three... I'll be a while before getting there! But can't wait until I do. There's also those pirate guys if any of you remember, the Berserkers or whatever. I just remember the guy with the metal arm and the guy that would wheel into things.

Gonna be fun, I'll keep you updated as soon as I can.
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Optiplex » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:53 am

Great Tread i love the thunder cats. 8) i do have a thought instead of spending all the little points on willy kit & kat why just buy gadgets? it seems they have a set of regulare things but also semm to have always what they need. or am i wrong? :oops:
Remeber, Tick, there is no SPOOOOON!!!!!!!!!
John Gay
Optiplex
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Strand0 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:36 am

Also added a new Mutant: Vulture Man. He was a tech-guy.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby Strand0 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:39 am

Also added a new Mutant: Vulture Man. He was a tech-guy.

Ah! At the begining of the show the three mutants had a spaceship with a large crew. Mum-Ra sank it in the sands near the Pyramid. Hopefully the crew is in suspended animation.
>:) Should stats for that be useful?
It is said that 'he who makes the best egg-salad shall rule over heaven and Earth'. ... Don't ask me why egg-salad, I have enough agravation.
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby XEI » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:14 pm

Optiplex wrote:Great Tread i love the thunder cats. 8) i do have a thought instead of spending all the little points on willy kit & kat why just buy gadgets? it seems they have a set of regulare things but also semm to have always what they need. or am i wrong? :oops:

Good call, I'll keep an eye out to that possibility.

Him, Suspension Capsule stats... very cool and very do-able. I'll take care of that tomorrow... right now, sleep... oh soooo tired, it's been a long weekend. I should have some new stuff up by the end of the week as far as the Cats are concerned.

I've also come across an old Image Comics series... as well as a new one this weekend! Anyone have any info on these or whether or not the story lines are different. I remember reading in an add somewhere long ago about the first series by Image being an alternate storyline. Just wondering if the second goes on it's own path as well.

Remember not to spoil things for people. Just basic goods and information would be fine as I am highly considering checking these comics out myself.
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Terror of Hammerhand

Postby XEI » Sun Aug 03, 2003 7:49 pm

Here's the Tree Monster that appeared in "The Terror of Hammerhand" episode:

Tree Monster: PL2; Init +0; Defense 10 (10 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +4 Melee (+4S, Club); SV Dmg +4, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +2; Str 18, Dex -, Con 18, Int 4, Wis 10, Cha 10
Feats: All Around Sight, Extra Limbs (4)
Powers:
Bite +4 [Source: Alien; Cost: 2pp; Total: 6pp]
Branches +4 (Snare) [Flaws: Within Range Only; Power Stunts: Improved Grapple, Improved Trip, Improved Disarm, Rapid Strike; Cost: 1pp; Total: 12pp]
Protection +4 [Source: Alien; Cost: 2pp; Total 8pp]
Weaknesses:
Can't Move - The Tree Monster can not move around at all.

Here's another item that I tried to figure out... The Unicorn Ring. I'm sure there are probably more properties on this ring, but here's what I figured was displayed in the show:

Unicorn Ring: Range: Personal; Effects: Teleport +10, Swimming +10, Amphibious, Super-Skills (Acrobatics, Swim) +8; Flaws: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost; 29pp.

...Also, I know he shows up later along with his group the other Berzerker characters, but here's his stats as of this first appearance. (He has a band of Berzerkers in this episode, but they did not play a major part, and were not any of the Berzerkers I remember from the later episodes, so I have not converted them.)

Hammerhand: PL3; Init +0; Defense 10 (14 shield; 10 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +4 Melee (+10L, Hammerhand); SV Dmg +4, Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +0; Str 18, Dex 10, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 14
Skills: Climb +4, Listen +2, Spot +5
Feats: Attack Focus (Melee), Power Attack
Powers: Hammerhand +6 (Super-Strength) [Extras: Deflection; Flaw: Device, Only Left Arm; Source: Super-Science; Cost: 3pp; Total: 18pp]
Equipment: Shield +4 [Cost: 1pp; Total: 2pp]

As an update on the Cats: There have been some alterations already, here and there. I will only post all of the changes after the Trial episodes though, so keep checking back!
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Trouble With Time

Postby XEI » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:47 pm

Here are a couple conversions from the "Trouble With Time" episode:

Willa: PL5; Init +4 (Dex); Defense 18 (14 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +3 Melee, +7 Ranged (+3, Arrow); SV Dmg +1, Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +2; Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 18
Skills: Acrobatics +4, Climb +8, Listen +5, Move Quietly +6, Spot +5
Feats: Attack Focus (Ranged), Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot
Powers:
Swinging +4 [Source: Alien; Cost: 2pp; Total: 8pp]
Equipment:
Bow and Arrow +3: Effects: Sleep Gas Arrows (Paralysis [Extras: No mental actions either; Flaws: Centered on arrow]; Source: Super-Science; Cost: 1pp; Total: 3pp.
Lasso +3: Effects: Snare; Cost: 1pp; Total: 3pp.
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Tower of Traps and Garden of Delight

Postby XEI » Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:58 pm

Here's a few conversions from "The Tower of Traps" and "Garden of Delight":

Tower of Traps

Gargoyles (PL3, Winged PL4):
Ability Scores:
Str 20, Dex 12, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
Hardness: 10
Attack Bonus: +6 melee, +2 ranged
Defense: 13
Saving Throws: Damage +10, Fortitude -, Reflex +1, Will +0
Skills: Climb +8, Listen +5, Spot +5
Feats: Power Attack
Powers: Claws +2 [Source: Alien; Cost: 2pp; Total: 4pp]
Winged Versions Add: Flight +4 [Source: Alien; Cost: 2pp; Total: 8pp]

Garden of Delights

Fruit From the Garden of Delight: Effects: Drain +10 [Extras: Slow Recovery (1/hour, +2), Addictive; Flaws: Limited – Wisdom Only; Cost +5pp]; Flaws: Device; Source: Mystical; Cost: 4pp; Total: 40pp.

Here's a couple things that I have converted that have come up in the last few episodes: Lion-O's Gauntlet, Extra Thunder Tanks features, Mumm-Ra's Sorcery now includes Illusion and Mind Control, Cheetara's Bo-Staff has extra abilities, Willy Kit's Spinning move, Panthro lifted the Thunder Tank! so gained himself Super-Strength as I marked the tank at 4000lbs, the Mutants have teleportation devices, and finally, a few extra Sword of Omen features. That's all that comes to mind.

I'm very highly considering a Boost power being triggered when the Thundercat symbol gets called, as I believe was mentioned earlier on this thread. That might explain Panthro's sudden burst of Strength on the little Thunder Tank bench press he pulled off. Maybe Cheetara gets a little faster, Tigra a little more wise, Lion-O a little more charismatic, the Kittens a little more cunning (Danger Sense?).

Just a thought. I'll be keeping my eyes open for these signs from now on.
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

"Mandora the Evil-Chaser"

Postby XEI » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:29 pm

Just watched Mandora, the Evil-Chaser, and here are her stats:

Mandora: PL10; Init +4 (Dex); Defense 19 (14 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +5 Melee, +8 Ranged; SV Dmg +2, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3; Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 18
Skills: Computers +4, Diplomacy +6, Drive +5, Gather Information +8, Knowledge (Inter-Galactic Criminals) +9, Listen +5, Pilot +6, Profession (Evil-Chaser) +9, Repair +3, Search +5, Spot +5
Feats: Assessment, Attack Finesse, Dodge, Evasion, Expertise, Fame, Lightning Reflexes, Track
Equipment:
Boomerang +5: Range: Normal; Effect: Strike (Stun), Obscure (Sight, by shooting paste); Source: Super-Science; Cost: 2pp; Total: 10pp.
Body Suit +2: Effects: Protection; Cost: 1pp; Total: 2pp.
Visor +1: Range: Normal; Effect; Energy Blast; Power Stunts: Darkvision; Source: Super-Science; Cost: 1pp; Total: 2pp.

Evil-Chaser Glider

Size: Medium
Movement: 8
Hardness: 8
Armor Bonus: 0
Cost: 10
Extra Modes of Movement: Flight, Ground

Have fun!
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

The Ghost Warrior

Postby XEI » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:51 pm

Just watched one more, "The Ghost Warrior", this is the one where Grune the Destroyer gets released from an ancient tomb. Cheetara also gets her vision power introduced here.

I'm starting to really consider Jaga needing stats. Possibly even attached to Lion-O as a "Side Kick".

Anyways, here's the bad-ass, one-toothed, ex-Thundercat phantom menace... GRUNE, THE DESTROYER!

Grune, the Destroyer: PL14; Init +1 (Dex); Defense 17 (16 flat-footed); Spd. 30ft; Atk +14 Melee (+15, Mace); SV Dmg +6, Fort +16, Ref +1, Will +3; Str 20, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 18
Skills: Craft (weapon) +15, Intimidate +8, Listen +4, Search +6, Spot +5, Survival +8
Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (armed), Endurance, Great Fortitude, Infamy, Power Attack, Startle, Toughness
Powers:
Amazing Save (Fortitude) +10 [Source: Alien; Cost: 1pp; Total: 10pp]
Incorporeal +10 [Extras: Float, Ghost Touch, Immunities (Aging, Critical Hits, Disease, Energy (Fire, Cold), Exhaustion, Poison, Pressure, Starvation, Suffocation), Invisibility; Source: Alien; Cost: 6pp; Total: 60pp]
Growth +12 [Flaw: Needs Thundrilium; Source: Alien; Cost: 5pp; Total: 60pp]
Telekinesis +4 [Extras: Energy Blast; Source: Alien; Cost: 3pp; Total: 12pp]
Teleport +2 [Source: Alien; Cost: 2pp; Total: 4pp]
Equipment:
Thundranium Mace +10: Effect: Strike (Lethal); Power Stunt: Drain (Strength) [Only works on Thundercats]; Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp; Total: 12pp.
8) XEI
XEI
Dabbler
Dabbler

Previous

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives