SuperStar's Character Artwork

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby Webhead » Mon May 19, 2003 10:00 pm

No, no, please continue off-topic!

Tell me more about Thief 3!

If you want some update info on articles and screenshots for Theif 3 check out www.thief-thecircle.com

Lots of great stuff there for all the Thief games. :D
"Skeletal Sheep!!? Only George would design a dungeon protected by the undead guardians of a sheep cult!"
Webhead
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Doctor Otaku » Sat May 24, 2003 9:00 pm

:green: BUMP! :green:
Doctor Otaku
"I'm not a villain, I'm just heroically challenged!"
Visit the The Demented Dojo!
Doctor Otaku
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby SuperStar » Sun May 25, 2003 2:07 am

*whew* finally finished the piece I've been working on. Now back to character portraits ;)

Completed work: Flying (characters and art by me)

Preview:

Large:
http://www.raventower.com/images/superstar/characters/flying_1000.jpg

:green:
SS

"If a sword had memory, it might be grateful to the forge fire, but never fond of it." - Rand Al'Thor

gallery | game
SuperStar
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Paladin » Sun May 25, 2003 6:01 am

Wow

Impressive!

The whole scene is awesome! The John Woo character (can't remember his name) is excelent in the scene, but Wargod seems a bit off. He doesn't seem the fit in the scene, perhaps a prob with perspective?

But the reflecting on his costume is top-notch. 8)
Paladin
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Striker » Sun May 25, 2003 6:17 am

Is Wargod flying sideways? :?:
Uprise, now fall in line. Roll with the pack or get left behind –P.O.D.
Striker
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby powerboy » Sun May 25, 2003 7:50 am

Wow! I like it! :D
powerboy
Bystander
Bystander

Postby SuperStar » Sun May 25, 2003 9:48 am

Paladin wrote:The whole scene is awesome! The John Woo character (can't remember his name) is excelent in the scene, but Wargod seems a bit off. He doesn't seem the fit in the scene, perhaps a prob with perspective?

:) He's much closer to the viewer.

Striker wrote:Is Wargod flying sideways?

Oh yes. Sort of a back flip off the roof to pursue his opponent, the Rider (bike below). I really wanted some crazy aerials.

Thanks for the feedback!

The backgound really took me a long time. I think my hand has a permanent idention from the ruler. :green:
SS

"If a sword had memory, it might be grateful to the forge fire, but never fond of it." - Rand Al'Thor

gallery | game
SuperStar
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Athena » Sun May 25, 2003 6:00 pm

Oh, this is nice...I like. So, whatever happened to your request list? Which character are you currently working on?
"Please don't cry. This...shall be a mercy killing. Not even all the bitterness in this world...is enough for your eyes." - SLA Industries
Athena
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Doctor Otaku » Sun May 25, 2003 7:22 pm

Looks good SuperStar! :green:
Doctor Otaku
Doctor Otaku
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Green Lantern » Sun May 25, 2003 7:29 pm

Saa-weet, SS!
Beware My Power...
Green Lantern
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby SuperStar » Sun May 25, 2003 10:02 pm

Thanks for the kind words.

Athena wrote:Oh, this is nice...I like. So, whatever happened to your request list? Which character are you currently working on?

I like your new avatar. Part of the new stuff?

I just started on Moonstar, martial-arts chick.
SS

gallery | game
SuperStar
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Athena » Sun May 25, 2003 10:09 pm

SuperStar wrote:I like your new avatar. Part of the new stuff?

Thanks. If you mean my new pixel obsession...oh yes. :green:

SuperStar wrote:I just started on Moonstar, martial-arts chick.

Sounds cool! :D
"Please don't cry. This...shall be a mercy killing. Not even all the bitterness in this world...is enough for your eyes." - SLA Industries
Athena
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Doctor Otaku » Sun May 25, 2003 11:08 pm

SuperStar wrote:I just started on Moonstar, martial-arts chick.

Athena wrote:Sounds cool! :D

Yep, she is pretty cool. Plus she's starting to take over leadership of MetaForce. Seems like Battlerager can't keep his Tishrati battle rage in check like he use to.
Doctor Otaku
Doctor Otaku
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Fedifensor » Wed May 28, 2003 7:30 pm

Ah, the agony! Do I hope for more character art first, or progress on the character creator? Aaagh!
Fedifensor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby SuperStar » Wed May 28, 2003 8:58 pm

Fedifensor wrote:Ah, the agony! Do I hope for more character art first, or progress on the character creator? Aaagh!

:green: Been working on the portrait maker.
SS

gallery | game
SuperStar
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Draamal » Wed May 28, 2003 8:59 pm

Character creator. We can all post more character art later when we get it. 8)
"All men die, the legends of some heroes live forever..."
Draamal
Devotee
Devotee

Postby Striker » Thu May 29, 2003 8:03 am

Draamal wrote:Character creator. We can all post more character art later when we get it. 8)

Aggreed.
Uprise, now fall in line. Roll with the pack or get left behind –P.O.D.
Striker
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Doctor Otaku » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:31 pm

:green: BUMP! :green:
Doctor Otaku
Doctor Otaku
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby pilot » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:00 am

Dont suppose you could do mine too?

http://groups.msn.com/Shyntarsheroes/sh ... &PhotoID=8

Name:Pilot
Hair:brown in a ponytail
Eyes: brown
Note:his stick has an electricity energy shield

**edit: cant get it to post directly....
Sobe Wisdom of the week:They can beat us, But they cant eat us.
pilot
Bystander
Bystander

what is the netbook link?

Postby Giddoen » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:30 pm

drbino wrote:
Storn wrote:
drbino wrote:Damn everybody is a critic. This is why I'm afraid to post any of my rookie art- I'll get ripped apart. ;)

Nah. Not everyone. But I am a critic. I was the only one to critique Superstar. However, I come from an european salon type of art school, where the critiques could be really rough, but were ALWAYS meant to help the artist. Never to tear down.

I highly recommend you posting your artwork for folks to see, critiquing will build up your skin, point out areas that you might not see you need work on and above all, make you a better artist. And Hobbiest or pro, I think we all want to be better artists.

And like I said, I was the only one hear who opened his big, fat mouth and said anything. I can't help myself. I have this art instructor vibe inside of me that comes out.

Sorry to minorly hijack this thread... back to more character art!

I don't want to hijack the thread either. I have a pic posted on page 4 of the netbook thread, a character posted by The Atomic Brain called Target. I will gladly accept criticism- just don't ruin me for life. ;)

just curious as I would like to contribute to the netbook if possible. Besides it would be nice to say a minion added to it! :wink:
I could be nice...but wheres the fun in that!
Giddoen
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Silent Scout » Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:40 am

Hey SuperStar I just want to say that you have some amazing artwork going on here :) . And also I was wondering if you were still taking requests from people. From one SS to another I would really appreciate it if you did my character :wink: Thanks! :green:
Silent Scout
Bystander
Bystander

Postby SuperStar » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:30 am

Been working on the portrait maker. I'll try to get some art done here soon. Love your avatar btw!
SS

gallery | game
SuperStar
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Silent Scout » Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:52 am

bump
"In a city protected by heroes and plagued by its turbulant past, the greatest evil that any one can ever face is themself"-From the origin of Silent Scout
Silent Scout
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Protosift » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:48 am

If you're still taking requests, and since everyone else in the bwgwl's campaign has gotten their art from you I thought I might as well post my description.

Sifter:
Appearance:
Jonathan Dar`maryon is hardly a brute of a man, but he is obviously looking to become one. Although his agile build is supported by a good helping of muscle mass, his eyes tell of a man who bears more brute force in his mind than in reality.
His dark brown eyes have a wily look, extended by long black hair situated wildly about him like the mane of a lion. His face is amazingly kept clean-shaven, and he remains amazingly well-groomed for the amount of hair he has. Although his arms and chest are basically consumed with tattoos, they bear usefulness as Jon had the contents of the Book of the Five Rings transcribed in Japanese.
Those tattoos remain in plain site for the most part as Jonathan prefers to wear t-shirts cut off at the shoulder, generally in black depicting the various bands he listens to. He tends to complete his usual ensemble with dark baggy blue jeans and black combat boots and two gold stud earrings he wears in his left ear.

Costume:
Generally like his normally clothes although fitted to a black poly-fiber material engineered to deal with the pressure clothing normally takes under the extreme speeds Jonathan travels at. The shirt is a sleek black, in the same shape of the t-shirts he often wears, while the paints fit the bill of his normal jeans, although made completely of the same poly fibers and with a little less bagginess, to prevent tangles. The costume is completed with a black mask that covers his face but not his hair. Instead of eyeholes, sunglass lenses cover his eyes, and he wears a long leather coat on top, coated with the special fibers. There are no distinctive markings or logos as he figures the costume bears enough distinctiveness itself.

Note:You can base it off out-of-costume or in-costume, whatever one seems most interesting to you. I'd prefer in character,though to show off the wildness of his hair. for reference he's a speedster with latent psionic gifts, sort of has a stoic outlook beneath the surface. If you don't want to do the tatoos the leather coat he wears in costume is readily assumed outside of his adventures with the other claremont goers.
Protosift
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Protosift » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:49 am

If you're still taking requests, and since everyone else in the bwgwl's campaign has gotten their art from you I thought I might as well post my description.

Sifter:
Appearance:
Jonathan Dar`maryon is hardly a brute of a man, but he is obviously looking to become one. Although his agile build is supported by a good helping of muscle mass, his eyes tell of a man who bears more brute force in his mind than in reality.
His dark brown eyes have a wily look, extended by long black hair situated wildly about him like the mane of a lion. His face is amazingly kept clean-shaven, and he remains amazingly well-groomed for the amount of hair he has. Although his arms and chest are basically consumed with tattoos, they bear usefulness as Jon had the contents of the Book of the Five Rings transcribed in Japanese.
Those tattoos remain in plain site for the most part as Jonathan prefers to wear t-shirts cut off at the shoulder, generally in black depicting the various bands he listens to. He tends to complete his usual ensemble with dark baggy blue jeans and black combat boots and two gold stud earrings he wears in his left ear.

Costume:
Generally like his normally clothes although fitted to a black poly-fiber material engineered to deal with the pressure clothing normally takes under the extreme speeds Jonathan travels at. The shirt is a sleek black, in the same shape of the t-shirts he often wears, while the paints fit the bill of his normal jeans, although made completely of the same poly fibers and with a little less bagginess, to prevent tangles. The costume is completed with a black mask that covers his face but not his hair. Instead of eyeholes, sunglass lenses cover his eyes, and he wears a long leather coat on top, coated with the special fibers. There are no distinctive markings or logos as he figures the costume bears enough distinctiveness itself.

Note:You can base it off out-of-costume or in-costume, whatever one seems most interesting to you. I'd prefer in character,though to show off the wildness of his hair. for reference he's a speedster with latent psionic gifts, sort of has a stoic outlook beneath the surface. If you don't want to do the tatoos the leather coat he wears in costume is readily assumed outside of his adventures with the other claremont goers.
Protosift
Bystander
Bystander

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives