The Name Game - Come Play

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Postby arcady » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:33 pm

The Sufferin Succatash:

"Yeah I remember that cartoon. That was one of those old saturday morning ones wasn't it?"

"They say that's where he came from, he stepped out of the cartoon one day, to battle the Toon Gang."

Well it wasn't exactly like that, but it was close...

Soon Yong Park was an aspiring animator for a Seoul studio drawing popular American prime time cartoons in the late 90s when he took a 2 week tour trip to the Eastern USA. Soon Yong had always wanted to see the Stature of Liberty, Centery Bridge, and the Super Museum in Freedom City. Unbeknownst to many his grandmother had been a super heroine fighting the Japanese Occupation alongside the Korean Resistance fighters in China during WWII. Soon Yong knew, and he'd grown up wanting to know everything there was to know about supers.

What he didn't know is that he was one. Not a major one like his grandmother, or the Freedom League. His was a minor talent, one that would prove vital during his visit. It was in Liberty park of all places where it happened. Soon Yong was returning to his hotel when they attacked.

"Yeah! Yer money or yer life see, ya, that's it, see!" Of all people to get mugged by, Soon Yong was getting mugged by the Toon Gang. They took everything he had with him. Everything but a caligrapher's brush handed down from his grandmother. A token he always carried to remind him of the woman who got him into drawing heroes. Hurt during the mugging, he spent the rest of his trip in the states inside the walls of Freedom Medical Center.

He was upset, furious, and upset. His trip to America had resulted in disaster. While in the hospital Soon Yong made friends with a girl visiting her father in the adjacent bed. The man was in a coma, and the girl in a constant state of depression. To cheer her up Soon Yong drew her a picture, based off the clever animated cat on her t-shirt. It was a caped version of the cat, stalking the streets of Freedom and protecting her from harm. Her painted it with his Grandmother's brush, gave it to, and never thought of it again.

Not until years later that is, when he read an interesting article while sitting in his home in Seoul, Korea.

That girl's father recovered in time, and the family went about it's life until she too had a run in with the Toon Gang. In line with her mother at their local bank, the Toon's struck. They took the girl as a hostage and fled.

She cried out for help, and in a little girl's bedroom blocks away, something heard her cry.

Sufferin Succatash was born, stepping out of the frame, the dark feline avenger strove onto the streets of Freedom City with an air of melodrama, seeking his target. The Toon Gang had their first run in with a fellow toon and lost.

The girl safe, Sufferin Succatash returned to his frame, only to come out at night; when she dreams, to stalk the city as the dark feline avenger "Sufferin Succatash".

Powers: super-'detective', natural weapons, hiding and sneaking skills, darkvision, concealment, leaping.

Crusher Nate wrote:Next: The Hairy Eyeball
arcady
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby mdf2 » Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:03 am

Jonah is Stella's master?

Whatever happened to PROPER dog and human relations along the lines of Mr Peabody and Sherman, or 101 Dalmation's Roger and HIS pet?

'Every dog should have a boy.'

What's the world COMING to? :green:

Cats, as Terry Pratchett says, are another matter. They're just using us until the paw-operated tin opener comes along...then we're gone.
mdf2
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby WayneLigon » Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:35 am

Thadeus Thornburg was an inventor of extraordinary talent and poor impulse control; he never learned that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it. Case in point: The Thornburg Omni-dimensional Scanner. As usual with Thornburg, the invention was named after himself, and totally fails to describe the awsome power it possessed.

The TODS could reach across lines of causality and bring back things from worlds that did not exist.

Thadeus used the TODS to become a wealthy man indeed. He used the Scanner to bring over a paint that never faded, a shampoo that grew hair on anything it touched (use gloves when applying, not for use as a furniture waxer, keep away from children), three kinds of paperclip (including one where the angles were so strange that it induced psychotic episodes in office workers that used it), and a sex manual for automobiles.

Unfortunately, it also brought over a creature that had previously only existed in RPG's and computer games.

The Thing that came through on Thadeus' last night on Earth was the size of a beachball, and floated under it's own power. It's multiple eyes weaved back and forth, and it's astonishing intelligence quickly grasped what had happened to it. It saw thin, pale Thadeus and blinked eleven times.

It had a new world to rule. A world without muscled barbarians and spell-slinging fools to destroy it's plans.

Horror-struck, Thadeus reached for the Return lever. The creauture whirled about and blew Thadeus into chunky salsa with a single bolt of lightning. Gobbets of Thadeus rained down all over the lab, and the thing shook itself. It was filthy now, and it's tongue could not reach all of the blood. It looked about, and spied the bottle near the sink. It quickly deciphered most of the script and found it was a cleaning fluid. Dousing itself in the substance, it shook itself off, watching bits of human roll off it's smooth surface.

Smooth.. .until it began to sprout hair. All over. Like a beast! The creature roared and tried to rid itself of the hated growth, but it was not just something adhering to it's hide. It was real hair. And it flopped in all eleven eyes, all at once, rendering it's most powerful attacks almost useless.

Now the thing tries to find it's way home. It lives in the sewers below the city and plots a terrible revenge. Ever so often it rises up and seeks out hairdressers and barbers, charms them, then retreats to it's lair. They are never seen again.

It is the Hairy Eyeball.

================

Next up: Fox-man and Vixen!
WayneLigon
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby arcady » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:13 pm

Jake Powell and Jenise Hsu were a hot ticket together. 36 films in 6 months in the triple X industry, and a whole host of awards from last years show.
They were a rare item in the business; two very hot people, with real acting talent, and serious onscreen and offscreen chemistry.

And it was chemistry that became their downfall. There was a new drug on the streets of Freedom, a derivation of Max. The Olivarti family ensured a plentiful supply for the cast party that fateful evening, the climax of filming for the x-rated blacksploitation vigilante flick 'Foxes'. Jake had filled the role of the villain Black Mask, with Jenise the heroine Foxy.
Everyone was high that night, it was a drugged out sexual orgy to be remembered for ages. For all that is, save Jake and Jenise; who overdosed. They were found in the morning, dead for hours and still intertwined. "Man couldn't pick a better way to go." the detective had said. They were buried days later, in Lantern Hill Cemetary and the industry that made them moved on.

Fox remembers that first moment well, when he awoke in the coffin. He was terrified at first, till he realized he could dig his way out. Breaking the surface he saw the grave, "Jake Powell 1980-2001". The name seemed familiar, on the tip of his mind somewhere... he coveredhis tracks and moved to set out for the urban forest. That was when he heard her screams, a voice he knew but again couldn't place. He dug her out of a nearby grave, she was beautiful, with a light fur covering a face and body to die for. They looked to her gravestone, but neither recognized the name of Jenise Hsu 1982-2001.
The couple made their way throught the twilight into Wharton Forest, where they learned to survive with the aid of the Green Man. But their refuge was not to last, and in time they wandered into the city, seeking lost memories. They pieced together who they were, the names they had once lived by' but the connection was lost. Jake and Jenise were gone to them, merely names that held the bodies they now owned.

Eventually they learned the truth of what had happened -that they'd never really died- only entered a deep trance. It was time for revenge. Coming into the city at night they dubbed themselves Fox and Vixen, and began a private war upon the mafia families, funding their activities with a series of small scale burglaries. In time they took on an MO, robbery in the wealthy parts of Freedom, they would split their funds between their private war and helping out the city's growing population of homeless and street kids. A strange pair of underworld heroes.

Fox and Vixen look to be humanoid foxes, complete with tails and fur. They don't bother with masks, costumes, or even clothes given their warm fur. They always operate at night and have only been seen by a few of Freedom's residents in the two years they've run free.

They have excellent night vision, hearing, and scent, claws and fangs, quick reflexes, and a natural instinct for performance skills (acrobatics, balance, perform, bluff, diplomacy, etc...). Fox has a minor amount of super strength and super con, and Vixen an equivalent amount of super dex and super charisma.
Both have some degree of Luck, and use crossbows to aid them.

Unbeknownst to Fox, Vixen is recently pregnant with what she feels to be a litter of his pups... While overjoyed, she always worries over just what she will give birth to, but is afraid of the risks of seeking out medical attention.

Deep in the forest they have dug out a cave and furnished it with all the trappings to make a nice home, complete with solar power and a tap into the city's communication's network.

Next: Starbuck
arcady
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Crusher Nate » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:50 pm

Starbuck was a shaman from the planet drq-Ben'adikt, a world of anthropomorphic deer. With his planet menaced by the Fudds, a race of intergalactic big-game hunters, Starbuck prayed to the Great Elk to grant him the power to drive off the little bald people. His prayers were answered, and the mighty stag, now impervious to the Fudds' buckshot, fought off the lisping invaders. Now he roams the cosmos, hunting down the Fudds and all others like them.

Powers: Cosmic Power (Immunities geared toward survival in space), Protection, FTL Flight

Next: Brainbucket
Life is like an oyster. It's cold, and slimy, and gritty. But sometimes, if you're lucky, you can find a pearl in it.
Crusher Nate
Bystander
Bystander

Postby SmokestackJones » Thu May 01, 2003 2:24 am

Brainbucket

We ended up on Lantern Hill, overlooking the great metropolis below. The mescaline was going strong and I felt loose. My companion was babbling about chickens in the sky. The Red Shark was parked diagonally across the hill. I could see where we'd scraped it along many guardrails on our journey. I was trying to forget the damn bats in the desert when it hit me: IT'S THE SUPERS, FOR ######'s SAKE! This town was ruled by these guys in their own underwear. Smiling, bland men and women standing for something rather than sitting down for it. At that thought, I slumped down and stared at the night sky. As he shifted his great Samoan weight, my companion spoke.

"Hey, you see that?" he asked, eyes getting wider. If I'd hadn't been busy trying to finish off an anyl, I would've noticed the fireball coming straight at us, like a big flaming goober, as if to say, "HEY YOU ####### IDIOTS! I'M ABOUT TO CHANGE YOUR LIVES! PAY ATTENTION!"

After that, it was a blur. I woke up three days later. I could smell alcohol. I thought I was in heaven, when a large male nurse stared in my face and talked Swahili at me. I then realized I was in a hospital. The last place I'd find my a## if I had a choice.

The doctors informed me I had been in a coma, that something happened to my brain and that I'd be out in a few days. I later learned that my companion had gone flat-a## crazy and was committed to the local looney bin, Providence. They also mentioned something about how I should have been dead from all the chemicals in my body. They cleaned me out. Very unprofessional.

I also noticed my mind felt bigger inside. It was like God took a sledgehammer and knocked the walls of my brain out, letting in the sunshine. At first I panicked, thinking that my brain would outgrow my head and come out my ears. Then I realized over the next few days that I was offering second opinions to the doctors about everyone on the floor. I became a walking sea snail, sucking up medical knowledge like so much scum off an aqarium tank. I also had a sudden urge to read, read everything, to cram my brain so full that there wouldn'e be any room for me in there. Which is not really a bad thing.

But that will all have to wait. My lawyer and I have a story to track down. Convention at the Supers Museum. Once I break him out, we'll jump in the Shark and go for it. It was the only sensible thing to do. After all, what would be more patriotic than a Supers Convention? Especially with two bright young minds wandering around filled to the brim with cocaine and barbituates. I also had to find our stash. Both my friend and I became dangerously clean in the hospital and now was not the time for clear heads.

-HST, Fear and Loathing in Freedom City (Rolling Stone, May 2003)

Brainbucket is a rather unorthodox gonzo journalist who helps solve crimes due to the fact that the meteor that crashed into him and his lawyer friend that night reacted to all the drugs in his body to boost his I.Q. through the roof. He still does drugs-in fact his most penetrating observations come when he's tanked up on one kind of narcotic or another. His Samoan friend took the name SuperFreak, and is somewhat dangerously unbalanced. Whether he was that way before or after the accident, no one knows. All in all, it makes them one of the oddest duos in the supers community.

Next: Flat-Foot
Last edited by SmokestackJones on Fri May 02, 2003 6:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
SmokestackJones
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Psybertrack(John Peter D) » Thu May 01, 2003 5:31 pm

I like this game.So flat foot is the next name? Clever name indeed.This thread really is a great source for games, a veritable wellspring of awesome imagination!
Psybertrack(John Peter D)
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Psybertrack(John Peter D) » Thu May 01, 2003 5:58 pm

flatfoot. hmm . that's a tuff one.
Bystander
Bystander

FLATFOOT THE FURIOUS!

Postby Psybertrack(John Peter D) » Thu May 01, 2003 7:17 pm

FLATFOOT THE FURIOUS'S story begins in a small rustic town in western Puerto Rico, in the balmy Carribean Sea. Bordering the El Coqui Rain Forest, the tiny town of Humacao, Puerto Rico had a population of 95 people most of whom were farmers. Pedro Juanito Zamirez supported his family of 9 by collecting rare Red Spotted Tree Frogs and training them to do tricks . He would then sell them to American Tourists who visited in San Juan , Puerto Rico on the big Cruise ships.
While on one of his daily trips in to the Rain Forest, Pedro found a cave opening covered up by branches and vines. He had stopped to rest and have a drink of bacardi rum when a strong wind blew the branches and vines aside revealing the cave's entrance. Thinking it a divine sign that he should explore it, Pedro walked into the cave. Therein he found a series of long winding tunnels with a myriad of labyrynthine branches. He was soon completely lost and his flashlight was dimming. He wandered by touch for hours before he saw a dim red glow ahead. Hoping it was an exit
he walked towards it. The tunnel opened into a large chamber with a golden altar of gems and precious metals and a bamboo chair.
Sitting in the chair was the skeleton of a huge humanoid. The feet on the skeleton were disproportionately large and flat like a duck's feet. The skeleton held a sword and had an iron ring on his finger. Fearing that he was trespassing on sacred ground of some unknown gods or goddesses, Pedro fell to his knees and looked up and said, "I do not wish to offend you o gods of the cave, but I and my family are poor and I am lost. Give me an omen of what I should do." For a moment nothing happened. Pedro took a last swig of his rum bottle. " Surely I am doomed to die in these caves. "I anger he cast his empty bottle at the altar. It shattered and hit the skeleton too. When that happened a single ruby and the iron ring fell to the floor.
"It must be your will to have me take these things. Thank your oh celestial one." he said as he picked up the ring and ruby. The ring was more of a wrist band for his arm. He put it on and instantly he was back in the town square of Humacao, his home town. From that day on Pedro never entered the Rain forest again. He moved his family to New San Juan and sold the ruby. With the money he bought a house and a Conch fritter cart. He saved most of the money to someday send his sons to College at St. Christopher Columbus College.
His 9th son was conceived and born in New San Juan. He named him Ferdinand. For some reason he gave Ferdinand the iron ring when he went away to college. Ferdinand had won a scholarship to MIT in the USA.
One day in his chemistry lab class he accidentally dropped his ring( which he always wore as a wristband ) into a beaker of hydrochloric acid. Instantly the beaker exploded. The beaker, the acid, the ring and the lab table were vaporized and transformed into an eerie red glowing gas cloud.
Everybody else in the lab class ran out of the room but Ferdinand was stunned by the explosion and inhaled the mysterious glowing vapors.
When the Emergency rescue men cleared the room with fans and found him he was in a coma. He remained in a coma for 40 days and nights. When he awoke he found he was perfectly healthy and normal. Except for one thing. Whenever he inhales smoke, his physical form would experience a radical change of shape. As if by magic , a puff of red glowing smoke would appear around him. Ferdinand would step out of the smoke and for 12 hours would appear to be a 9 foot tall man with large frog feet. Deciding to try to make a carreer out of this turn of events, he made a green costume with red pants and gloves and chose the name : Flatfoot the Furious. He moved to LA and became a super hero/ private detective. His pricipal foe and archenemy there later was
the Terrible Trout, a water based evil Magician/villain.
POWERS: Flatfoot is a powerful telepath, mind controller, martial artist,
who can leap vast distances(20 miles) and can hover and fly (he can only fly 2 feet off the ground), he has super senses and can speak to animals. His deadliest attack is the Tongue Licking Attack. He can strike and slime an opponent with gooey slime that sticks like glue form 1000 feet away. His tongue is fully prehensile and elastic and he can also swing on it or wrap it around his foes. He has a thick warty hide which is extremely invulnerable and damage resistant. His strength is great enough to lift an a commerial jet. When he is enraged he goes into a fury which often results in his pummeling his opponent into unconciousness with his big flat feet! Villains, beware the fury of Flatfoot.

Bystander
Bystander

next name

Postby Psybertrack(John Peter D) » Thu May 01, 2003 7:26 pm

RUGER KNITEOWLE
Bystander
Bystander

next name

Postby Psybertrack(John Peter D) » Thu May 01, 2003 7:59 pm

by the way, the avatar to the left is named Soularr the Surturnian, of the super hero team, the Nowhere Men on the SS Troubleseeker out of Seattle Washington.

THE NEXT NAME IS :

RUGER KNITEOWLE
Bystander
Bystander

Postby arcady » Mon May 05, 2003 5:55 pm

Ruger Knite didn't much care for life on the reservation. The place was just full of those filthy Indians anyway. Under the Dawes Act his grandfather had bought up reservation land for pennies on the dollar. Everybody was doing it back then. People today didn't realize most Indian land was owned by whites, and Ruger's family was perfectly content to keep it that way.
So it came as quite a suprise to Ruger when he learned his great grandmother had been a Crow Indian. Oh well, every family has it's shame -and he was hers. She'd cursed the day the white settler raped her, cursed the child she bore, and died young and in misery shackled in his home like a common slave. A generation after the civil war; but slavery in America was still strong for many.
It took it's time to work down the family line, but the curse finally took hold in Ruger -in a man who's maternal lineage traced through a blood cult of ancient european origins; giving him some shield against the curse, whilst at the same time finally calling it forth.
It was when Ruger finally met his first owl -the native american harbringer of death. During a cold october full moon Ruger was out hunting when he stumbled and came face to face with the bird. It's cold stare froze him with fear before he raised his gun to shoot. But when he took aim, the owl was gone. Since that night Ruger has found that anyone he meets under moonlight will die within the week, as long they aren't 'Indians', the very people he wants most to see dead... Still, it helped to get rid of his mother and father.

But it hasn't all been for naught, Ruger's taken his new talent and moved off the old family home, moved to Freedom, where he can wander the streets at nights looking for customers for his new business:

Kniteowle mortuary services.

Next: The Tourist
arcady
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Strand0 » Mon May 05, 2003 10:05 pm

arcady wrote:The Tourist
Far distent galaxies comes a star-steamship. The home and vessel of a being old when the Preservers move about the Milky Way. The being has no name, it has no form of its own, it lives in ageless power, and it has powers that can strip and reshape the basic cosmic forces of the Universe itself.
It visits, in a never ending journey, the most interesting locations in all of existence. For the moment that seems to be... Earth.
Appearing as a portly man, in a loud hawaiian shirt and bermuda shorts, it mingles with crowds through out the world. "Absorbing the ambiance" and snap holograms of the sights.
Any who darn to seek entrance will been trapped for decades watching the end holographic slides, while listening to the cosmic being drone on and on about the beautiful skys, gorgeous mountains, amusing antics of "natives" for world visited so long ago that they are probably long gone into cosmic dust. The pictures of Krypton are quite nice.
One might be lucky enough to get a tour of the ship art gallery, or nick-nak vualt. But, any interest will be leavened by the drone of facts which have little meaning and can never be swade to a useful purpose.
Weeks or years the cosmic tourist may circle the planet and nieghboring worlds. But, eventually... without notice the tourist leaves.

Next: Saurion Rex
Strand0
Earth's Mightiest
Earth's Mightiest

Postby AslanC » Mon May 05, 2003 10:37 pm

Strand0 wrote:
arcady wrote:Saurion Rex

Deep in the Amazon rainforest is the Lost Swamp of the Lizard People. There, seculded from humanity a noble line of rulers lead by right of birth! The most recent of which a brave and handsome king, beloved by the people and feared by his enemies.

But betrayal came from his own side as his sister turnned on him and overthrew his crown!

Escaping with his life, the former King wandered until he arrived in the City of Rio. There he found his way in a freak show, longing for the day when he will return to exact his revenge.

Now at night he hunts the streets, learning the ways of the humans. Ways alien to him but that may allow him advantage over his own royal guard.

But the criminals don't know this. All they know is that the streets are now protected by Saurion Rex!

Next = Odessa
AslanC
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Crackerjack » Tue May 06, 2003 12:20 pm

Odessa

Terrence Harlane was a addicted to the game scene. He spent every waking moment and every spare dollar at the most cutting edge virtual reality/online gaming joint in America. It was after he won the international tournmet for the wargame "Heavy Battle Damage" in Korea that he was "recruited".
The faceless agency that referred to itself as "The Proffesionals" took Terrence under their wing, harnessing his incredible strategic thinking and complete obsession with winning to make him one of their finest agents. With his mind transferred into a android body, Terrence was instoppable. Now he performs special operations for The Proffesionals, all over the world, under the ambigous codename: Agent Odessa
"Look out boys, it's Astro City's greatest hero!"
"Hey, I dont see Samaritan anywhere..."
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Crackerjack » Tue May 06, 2003 12:25 pm

Note:
It was a female android body, for some reason. Which is why they call it Odessa.

Next:
The Claxon
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby Robbert Raets, PEF » Wed May 07, 2003 8:32 am

Crackerjack wrote:The Claxon

Some believe that the universe began with a Word. Some call the beginning of the universe the 'Big Bang'. None will deny the power of the First Sound. Neither do they deny that the being known as the Claxon holds a fraction of that power.

Where she came from, no one knows. Scientists speculate that she may be an echo of the First Sound, or is somehow a personification of the human knowlege of Sonic Science. Blasting her way around the world, the Claxon seems a fickle woman, often dressed in figure-hugging outfits and deceptively slender and small (treat as Super-Strenght and Super-Dexterity). The power of her voice is both awesome (treat as Energy Blast) and seductive (treat as Mind Control). She has no known allies and is just as likely to threaten innocents as save them.

Next Name: Technomancer.
I - AM - IRON - SPAM
Robbert Raets, PEF
Bystander
Bystander

Postby The Fifth Wanderer » Wed May 07, 2003 9:07 am

Technomancer

Lazarus Hayes came from a long line of wizards. Harking back to the days of the Roman Empire, every one of the Hayes family had been a powerful wizard, powerful beyond belief in the arcane arts.

At least, until Lazarus came along.

Belittled by his relatives for his complete and utter lack of magical talent, Lazarus chose to study physics and engineering in college. If the arcane arts had turned their back on him, then he'd have nothing to do with them.

One night, years later, Lazarus made a discovery in his lab. He found that a combination of quantum mechanics and chaos theory could produce sorcerous effects! Revenge was at hand!

Less than a year later, Lazarus had completed a full-scale version of his device. Dubbing himself 'The Technomancer' Lazarus set out to wreak terrible revenge. Unfortunately, the combined sorcerous might was enought to beat him

Currently, the Technomancer's whereabouts are unknown...

Next up: Fallen Angel
Rules of Combat #15: Teamwork is essential. It gives them someone else to shoot at.
The Fifth Wanderer
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby Macguffin » Wed May 07, 2003 4:47 pm

Fallen Angel

Doctor Rebecca Silva worked with government labs creating AI for the purpose of monitoring government systems. Its started as a simple program which correlated info on traffic cameras but with a "learning chip" Doctor Silva designed its abilities and potential grew exponentially. Soon there were experiments in which the AI was watching a good chunk of the East Coast and maybe one day the world.
Silva codenamed this creation "Angel" and liked to think of a time when it could be used for the benefit of all mankind, to find criminals or lost children, to coordinate resources and keep the world fed. Unfortunately his employers had other plans. They felt if Angel could connect to and correlate information on a grander scale, they could become lords of the Earth. Information and misinformation would be theirs to dictate, with econimies rising and falling on their whim and no country being safe away from Angel's gaze.
Upon discovering what her lifes-work was to be perverted to Dr. Silva took immediate action. Fashioning a humanoid robotic body she placed the core of Angel in its cranium, leaving all the nets she had built online in place but effectively lobotomizing the project. And then she ran.
Over the two weeks Dr. Silva tried to impress on her newborn creation values and morals she had stuck to her whole life, but also to be careful of those who would use her, and misunderstand Angel's great abilities. When they finally caught Doctor Silva Angel had a good idea of what was right and what was wrong, but still couldnt save the woman who was her creator and first loved one.
Now she wanders the earth, trying to stay low. However the deep moral imprinting from Doctor Silva continually forces her to act when she can to "do what is right" meaning she shows up on the grid again, and must run. She is naive and young, but not so foolish as to believe she could be the angel Rebecca Silva imagined. A Fallen Angel will have to do.

Description: Fallen Angel is a woman like form of about 5'6 who is obviously robotic, without a complete shell hiding most of her wiring. She normally obscures this with as much clothing as possible. She has modified this form so a set of mechanical wings covered in real feathers is actually attached to her back, though she weighs too much to do more than glide.

Powers: Sooooooooooooo much Datalink. Gliding. gadgets, and limited telepathy based on what she continues to hold in her memory banks.

Next Name: Fossil
Macguffin
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Crackerjack » Tue May 13, 2003 10:40 am

Shaman from the Lost World, the bone-warder named Vel'garheu'oun came to Freedom City to collect the bones of some of the most powerfull prey in the world, Lost or found, the Freedom Leauge.
However the wily shaman, no matter how cruel or cunning, was unable to accomplish his goal, and the skeleton he had mystically removed from Johnnny Rocket was returned by the goddess Siren, and he was summarily defeated once he no longer possessed Rocket's stolen speed. For now he is locked in the Providence Asylum's supervillain ward, all of his bone charms taken away from him, trying to be taught the "weak morales of these city dwellers". He still remembers his name, but to everyone else he is...
Fossil.

NEXT:
HellBent OR Son-of-a-Gun
Crackerjack
Booster
Booster

Postby arcady » Tue May 13, 2003 3:37 pm

Everybody's got a hobby right? No harm in that is there?

At 36 Jason McCoy had the largest collection of authentic western cap guns this side of the Mississipi, in fact, he could probably match the top collectors on both sides of the river. It was a collection that, with his latest aquisition, was finally complete.

Jason had just won an online bid for the one, the only, 1947 Billy Pecos action collector six shooter that was signed by the actor himself at the cast party for the conclusion of the final episode.

Jason was in geek heaven, rapidly rattling off the toy's statistics in his mind as he made his way back from the post office. prize in hand. And so it was that he stumbled on oblivious to the super battle around him. He completely missed Next Gen doing battle with Toy Boy and Doctor Otaku, he was fully unaware as he stepped into the crossfire of a blast between Seven and Toy Boy's latest action figure: The Ciscio Kid. In fact, he didn't even seem to notice he'd been hit from both ends as he continued to walk home, rattling on about his collection.

It was only when he took the cap gun out of the box, picking it up and preparing to mount it on the wall in his collection room that Jason noticed something was amiss. Somehow the gun seemed to envelop him, or he it. He merged with the toy, becoming a real life manifestation of Billy Pecos. Not the actor mind you, but the character he played in the TV show. Jason was even in black and white.

He did some experimenting, any geek would surely do, and found that any gun chose would do this to him, he would become the character the gun was known for. On curiousity he tried a real gun, from a dealer a few blocks from his apartment in the Fens. It was a hot gun, sold illegally after a killing; and suddenly Jason knew who the killer was -him. He had become the man who wielded the gun that night on the Boadwalk when the old lady was shot for what she'd seen. He dropped the gun like a hot potato and went home to think about what had happened.

Son-of-a-gun, he thought, then laughed. That's me all right.

Since that night Jason has taken up the identity of Billy Pecos, stalking the nights of the city looking for varments to wrestle up. But he's also made inroads with the psychic community, offering up his unique ability to determine the true history of any gun. While the police can't use what he tells them as evidence, it has helped to lead them down the right track in a steadily growing number of cases.

Powers: postcognition, shapeshift, gadgets, boost, variable effect, and a host of gun related skills and feats.

Next: Paisley
arcady
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby arcady » Wed May 21, 2003 4:39 pm

What?

Bad name choice?

What if she was part of a team:

Paisley, Straw Man, Jack Rabbit, and Swarm.

Tomorrow I plan to have them pummel my new heroes into the ground -or attempt thereof-, only who are they? :P
arcady
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby bwgwl » Wed May 21, 2003 5:30 pm

sorry, couldn't think of anything...

other than unfortunate '80s apparel, the only Paisley reference i could think of was the Dead Milkmen album Eat Your Paisley. :green:
Freedom City Limits -- an online M&M campaign
--
Pig Killer: "Plan?? There ain't no plan!!"
bwgwl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Postby Skyhawke » Thu May 22, 2003 8:55 am

Paisely

Jennifer Kerr was a teenage window designer for a taste of dressing mannequins in 80's fashion styles, namely with paisely colors. One night she working on her next display for the store listening to Eat Your Paisley by the Dead Milkmen. She witnessed Gemini was chase down some crimnals stealing a cargo of chemicals. A stray engery blast from Gemini caused the chemicals to explode destroying the store front.

Jennifer was presumed dead, but instead she became a being of pure energy of the color... Paisely. She blamed Gemini for ruining her chances of becoming a famous fashion designer. She is now part of the Sinister Two that try to destroy Gemini while not in jail.

Next Name: Phoenix Slate
Skyhawke
Bystander
Bystander

Postby MDSnowman » Thu May 22, 2003 9:25 am

Skyhawke wrote:Next Name: Phoenix Slate

Living on the alternate plane of Earth is not an easy thing. Everything is so rigid and the powers that be have a habit of slapping down anyone who gets out of line. So when the earth spirit Slate decided that he'd had enough of that kind of life he met with alot of resistance. He became hunted by his own people. Unable to face them he hopped into the first alternate dimension he could find, the alternate dimension of fire. It was there that he met the phoenix a being of pure fire who embraced a free wheeling lifestyle, at the same time phoenix admired several of slate's personality traits, loyality, stubborness, things that were often forgoten in the sometimes flighty Fire Dimension. Finding that they liked one another so much they agreed to mingle their spirits and become a single being. The being that stood there afterward was suprised at what it saw... Slate's solid form had forced the combinded being into an androgonous humanoid shape made of stone, one alight with mystical fire. The new being called itself Phoenix Slate and left the plane of fire landing on our earth where it marveled at all the things present. Phoenix Slate has yet to make its presence known but when it does there's no telling whether it will be hero or villian.

Powers: Alternate Form (Solid), Energy Field (Fire), Flight, Super Flight, Energy Blast

Next up: Santo
MDSnowman
Dabbler
Dabbler

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives