Neo's Marvel Conversions (updated 7/31/03)

This board is locked, but is preserved here as an archive of all your hard work posting. Please register on the new M&M boards, over at http://atomicthinktank.com/

Neo, more coming?

Postby Lara Croft » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:01 pm

Neo,

Anxiously awaiting additions to your list.
Lara Croft
Duchess of Saint Bridget
Lara Croft
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Neo, more coming?

Postby Neo » Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:20 pm

Lara Croft wrote:Neo,

Anxiously awaiting additions to your list.

:D

Iron man should be up next, though bit a distracted lately with some playtesting thats been due.

Anyway normal service should resume shortly :)

Though I CAN safely say on a side note, i've been waiting for Lara Croft to tell me shes anxiously waiting..like all my life LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark "Neo" Howe

"Et Semel Emissum Volat Irevocabile Verbum"
http://www.neo-innovation.com/index.html
Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Neo » Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:33 pm

Iron Man and a couple of others should hopefully be completed and posted for the weekend.
Mark "Neo" Howe

Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Postby RogueWriter » Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:42 pm

Neo wrote:Iron Man and a couple of others should hopefully be completed and posted for the weekend.

Woo-Hoo!!!! Iron Man! One of my favorite heroes! Go Shellhead!

<to the old spider-man cartoon theme>
Iron-Man, Iron-Man
irons whatever an iron can,
shines his shoes,
eats his lunch,
Watch out!
Here comes the Iron Man! :D

<Don't ask. I'm on medication for it.>
"Once a Green Lantern....Always a Green Lantern."

RogueWriter
RogueWriter
Booster
Booster

Postby Mucknuggle » Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:10 pm

Ok...
Mucknuggle
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Lara Croft » Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:14 pm

Neo wrote:Iron Man and a couple of others should hopefully be completed and posted for the weekend.

Wonderful, Neo. I look forward to seeing them.

Any hint on who the couple of others might be?
Lara Croft
Duchess of Saint Bridget
Lara Croft
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Melkor » Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:38 pm

Neo, great job with the conversions!

If I may ask for a few of my favorites whenever you get around to it:
All of the X men.
Daredevil
Spider Man

Thanks!
Melkor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Lara Croft » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:10 am

Neo does great work, as does Valdier. Scope out his site at the url below to find many of the X-Men, Daredevil, the Avengers, and a number of others.

http://www.valdier.com

Cheers!
Lara Croft
Duchess of Saint Bridget
Lara Croft
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Melkor » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:25 am

Thanks for the link Lara.

Are those stats done by Neo ? I would like to stay consistent with the character stats I use in my game...If these weren't done by Neo, I think I'll wait until he gets around to statting them up! :D
Melkor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Valdier » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:51 pm

Nope, stats were done by me, Neo tends to do his conversions on a much higher PL level than I do, not that either is better.
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Neo » Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:21 pm

Valdier wrote:Nope, stats were done by me, Neo tends to do his conversions on a much higher PL level than I do, not that either is better.

As explained previosuly :) I do the conversion, the overal PL speaks for itself.

Though i will stand by the accuracy of any of my conversions they have all the abilities the relevant hero/villain is listed as having and at levels at which they are known to be.. if for some major villains this leads to a high PL.. then the way i see it is because that is because the relevant Villain/hero HAS a higher PL... so cannot be inncorrect.

Though of course this is not to say everyone has to convert accurately if people want to do lower powered versions of the actual heroes/villains thats cool also. I decided at the begining i would convert accurately as opposed to tinkering for game balance.
Mark "Neo" Howe

Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Neo » Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:35 pm

Melkor wrote:Neo, great job with the conversions!

If I may ask for a few of my favorites whenever you get around to it:
All of the X men.
Daredevil
Spider Man

Thanks!

Hiya Melkor

Fear not all those are in the Hero pile, so will be converted sooner or later :)
Mark "Neo" Howe

Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Melkor » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:19 pm

Great Neo.

I'm looking forward to seeing them!
Melkor
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Valdier » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:35 am

Neo wrote:
Valdier wrote:Nope, stats were done by me, Neo tends to do his conversions on a much higher PL level than I do, not that either is better.

As explained previosuly :) I do the conversion, the overal PL speaks for itself.

Though i will stand by the accuracy of any of my conversions they have all the abilities the relevant hero/villain is listed as having and at levels at which they are known to be.. if for some major villains this leads to a high PL.. then the way i see it is because that is because the relevant Villain/hero HAS a higher PL... so cannot be inncorrect.

Though of course this is not to say everyone has to convert accurately if people want to do lower powered versions of the actual heroes/villains thats cool also. I decided at the begining i would convert accurately as opposed to tinkering for game balance.

Not to argue here because this *is* your thread, but, you seem to imply that I tinker with them to make them fit in the game rules, and that they are not capable of what they can "really" do... how so? Are there any of my conversions that don't have every power listed for a marvel character, or that are "weird" to make them fit?

I simply commented that you tend to run yours at a much higher PL, not that either one is good or bad. That is all :)
If you are looking for news, examples, tutorials, FAQ or something else, try visiting Valdier.com
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Wolfx » Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:45 am

I was wondering if you could a conversion of the various Hulk characters.

Thanks
Wolfx
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Neo » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:36 am

Valdier wrote:Not to argue here because this *is* your thread, but, you seem to imply that I tinker with them to make them fit in the game rules, and that they are not capable of what they can "really" do... how so? Are there any of my conversions that don't have every power listed for a marvel character, or that are "weird" to make them fit?

I simply commented that you tend to run yours at a much higher PL, not that either one is good or bad. That is all :)

Heya Valdier

Don't worry i wasn't honestly not having a dig or anything

Your conversions are very good, and in most instances all the powers are represented, though i would say some of the statistics and levels of powers aren't as high as they should be...but that is as just my opinion.

All in all its moot anyway if your conversions work for you and others, and mine work for me and others...its all good! :D Better to have too much choice than not enough i say :lol:
Last edited by Neo on Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark "Neo" Howe

Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Valdier » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:43 am

Neo wrote:Heya Valdier

Don't worry i wasn't having a dig or anything :) honestly!

Your conversions are very good, and in most isntances all the powers are represented, though i would say some of the statistics and levels of powers aren't as high as they should be...but that is as just my opinion.

All in all its moot anyway if your conversions work for you and others, and mine work for me and others...its all good! :D Better to have too much choice than not enough i say :lol:

No prob, wasn't taking offense, just wasn't sure if maybe something was obviously missing from some of them that I didn't catch or something :)

I agree about too many choices always being a good thing over not enough ;)
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Mucknuggle » Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:59 am

Valdier, nice Iceman! Neo, you better come up with something good for Iceman. It's gonna be tough to one-up Valdier's conversion.

Both of you, plz keep the conversions coming!

Can I request that you convert Carnage and Spawn next? Perhaps the "Ultimate" versions of some heroes and villains? :lol:
Mucknuggle
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Shiyen » Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:43 am

tag for later refrence.
Shiyen
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Valdier » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:10 am

Mucknuggle wrote:Valdier, nice Iceman! Neo, you better come up with something good for Iceman. It's gonna be tough to one-up Valdier's conversion.

Can I request that you convert Carnage and Spawn next? Perhaps the "Ultimate" versions of some heroes and villains? :lol:

I am looking to work on Carnage, Venom, Spiderman, and some more villains, Spawn is a tough one...
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Neo » Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:23 am

Mucknuggle wrote:Valdier, nice Iceman! Neo, you better come up with something good for Iceman. It's gonna be tough to one-up Valdier's conversion.

Carnage is in my villains pile, i'm not all that familiar with the "Ultimate" versions of heroes and villains but i'll look into them.

Spawn I can add sure, though which version of Spawn are you wanting?
Mark "Neo" Howe

Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Iron Man

Postby Neo » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:52 pm

Hiya folks

As promised

A PDF of Anthony "Tony" Stark aka Iron Man (PL 24) Industrialist, Inventor, Socialite and full time Avenger has now been uploaded to the Supers page for download for use with Mutants and Masterminds

http://www.neo-innovation.com/Supers_Files/mm_iron_man.pdf

Enjoy!
Mark "Neo" Howe

Neo
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Mucknuggle » Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:07 pm

I'm not that familiar with Spawn, I've read a few and he seems like a cool guy to introduce into an Apocalyptic campaign. I only know of two Spawns, normal Spawn and Medieval Spawn. There was also some Holy version of Spawn that was looking quite cool. Neo since your going to do the conversion, why don't you just pick whichever you like best (when you do eventually get to it, I know that others have asked you to do stuff and plus, you got to make some conversions that you want to make too right?)

So far I'm most interested in Carnage, he's just cool.

I haven't read any Ultimate stuff, but I plan to. From what I hear, it's my style of comic. Darker characters, less heroic heroes. Just seems cool.

EDIT:
Neo, something about your Iron Man. Don't Super Con, Armor and Force Field all stack? Why do you have ranks in all of them?
Mucknuggle
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Iron Man

Postby Valdier » Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:13 pm

Neo wrote:Hiya folks

As promised

A PDF of Anthony "Tony" Stark aka Iron Man (PL 24) Industrialist, Inventor, Socialite and full time Avenger has now been uploaded to the Supers page for download for use with Mutants and Masterminds

http://www.neo-innovation.com/Supers_Files/mm_iron_man.pdf

Enjoy!

As a note, it seems most of Iron mans skills were cut off, possibly some feats and powers also?
Valdier
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Iron Man

Postby Neo » Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:53 pm

Valdier wrote:
As a note, it seems most of Iron mans skills were cut off, possibly some feats and powers also?

Nope all there it is a 2 page PDF, you just need to look on the second page for the rest of Tony's skills, feats and the rest of the iron man capabilities. :)
Mark "Neo" Howe

Neo
Henchman
Henchman

PreviousNext

Return to Mutants & Masterminds Archives