Green Ronin and PDF Updates?

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

Green Ronin and PDF Updates?

Postby discuit » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:31 am

Hi all,

I am very tempted to buy ASoIaF but am a little worried about all the amendments and clarifications that are being made by the author (and others) on these very forums, as such i was thinking i'd pass on the HC for now.

I would however consider buying a copy of the pdf if GR have the same policy as other companies regarding updating them and re-releasing updated versions to folks who have already purchased them.

So my Q is, is this something GR do? I have a bunch of GR deadtree books but have yet to buy a pdf from them, hence the question.

Cheers in advance,

discuit.
discuit
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby discuit » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:09 am

No one has ever bought a pdf from GR ? :o

I would sincerely like an answer to this if possible as it will probably influence my decision a great deal. Thanks again, and sorry for the shameless bump. :oops:
discuit
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby wycca » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:38 am

Good question and I don't know. ASIFRP is the only pdf version of a GR product I own. Doing some looking, I can see this - http://true20.com/files/true20errata.pdf - being put out, but no mention of pdf updates. Perhaps a search on other forums?

To be honest, I like the setting, I like the rules, and I like Green Ronin products, so I was happy to support GR with a pdf purchase from their site (I used Amazon for the hardcover) even if I don't know if they release errata updates. If they ever do a 2nd printing, I think it's a no-brainer to allow a new download for past pdf purchases. Of course, a "revised" or "second edition" is a different beast.
wycca
Bystander
Bystander

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG