Table Wish

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

Table Wish

Postby hedgewizard » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:01 am

So, if I could change one core thing with the book (aside from making the necessary errata changes) it would be to consolidate the tables.

I find it much more useful to have things collected in a single table that can easily be referenced instead of distributed through various chapters. Two cases in point:

To determine the prices of weapons, you have to look under the appropriate chapter. In order to find the damage types and qualities, you have to look under combat. Why not save the space in the book and have 1, tight table that can be referenced appropriately where necessary?

Another case is the units. You can see what the unit costs and discipline modifiers are under the House creation rules. But to find out their stats (armor, damage, etc.) you have to go to Warfare. Again - 1 table covering all of these aspects would be preferred.

I would love it if they (GR) could provide some of these tables consolidated to make creation and looking things up quicker and bundle that with the Narrator tools they're developing.
hedgewizard
Cohort
Cohort

Postby charonsg » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:40 am

i like this idea :)
charonsg
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ser Barristan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:08 am

I like this idea. It could even be something as simple as a downloadable set of Player Aids in .pdf.
Ser Barristan
Bystander
Bystander

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG