[JOURNEY TO KINGS LANDING] Board and lodging

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

[JOURNEY TO KINGS LANDING] Board and lodging

Postby Talassa » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:56 am

To Green Ronin staff or someone who have read or run the adventure:

Now that I have the game rules, and some of my initial concerns regarding the "invencible knight syndrome" were dissipated, I am planning a game with friends this weekend.

I will be using the adventure "Journey to Kings Landing".

I found good ideia to introduce intrigue via a bargain with the innkeeper over board and lodging prices, but haven't found prices on such services on the rulebook. Can you provide some realistic ones that I can use?

On a related note, I am thinking about beefing a little the leader of the bandits. Maybe turning him in a Secondary Character. Can Someone who have run the scenario make a comment on the strenght of the opposition (or anything else you feel like it to share)?

Thanks,

J-
Talassa
Bystander
Bystander

Postby kckolbe » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:50 pm

If you are having your group roll their own chars (which I imagine is the case), then I would tune it to them. Most likely a player created group is going to be a bit more martially inclined than the Quick Start group, so I would recommend minor tweaking. It's possible that your group is all "intrigue-based," but as long as there is at least one fighter in the group, they should be fine. So in short, consider making him a bit stronger, maybe one-two extra point(s) in combat related abilities.
kckolbe
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Talassa » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:06 am

Thanks.

Apparently the stats for Tertiary Narrator Characters don’t put a lot of fight. They seem more like mooks than anything else.

I am considering your idea to upgrade the Bandits (or at least Corvin) one-two extra point(s) in combat related abilities. Also, upgrade Ser Anders to Secondary Character.

I don’t know if said upgrade would give a better challenge. Only actual play would tell.

So, what about food prices? - I have found that lodging can amount to 1 or 2 silver stags, for a private room (see page 123), but little else information is given, regarding other costs.
Talassa
Bystander
Bystander

Postby LordofSaxony » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:29 am

Talassa wrote:So, what about food prices? - I have found that lodging can amount to 1 or 2 silver stags, for a private room (see page 123), but little else information is given, regarding other costs.

From what I've seen a lot of food costs copper only, so I can't imagine it being much more than that, at least for normal everyday food. I would guess that a noble who is at an tavern buying food and drink and wanting to eat quite well would spend a silver stag or 2 on the meal.

Sooo...

If I were to package up a meal for a tavern based on the prices in the book, I'd probably say something like..

8 copper pennies for the following meal of..

2 Eggs, Half a loaf of bread, cooked and seasoned chicken, and beer.

Although, it sounds like the meals are a part of renting the room, at least thats what I get after reading it. I'll sometimes do that in the games I run to make it easier for people to calculate how much they have to pay and lump it into a single sum, which is included with the room total (i.e. food and drink, stabling the horse, and a single room costs 1ss).
LordofSaxony
Dabbler
Dabbler

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG