okay, and now we need the campaign guide

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

okay, and now we need the campaign guide

Postby VanMaddle » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:09 am

hello to everyone. I`m a George rr martin fan and role playing gamer from spain. So sorry for my english.

We have the rpg but i think we need the campaign guide. It`s difficult to play the game without references. because... how really good is Tywin in Warfare? or Tyrion in Deception? How many Power has Tarly House?

So, when will you publish the campaign guide?

And congratulations for the game. It`s elegant, intuitive and complete.
VanMaddle
Bystander
Bystander

Re: okay, and now we need the campaign guide

Postby B Evil Kirby » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:30 am

VanMaddle wrote:So, when will you publish the campaign guide?

The campaign guide's going to come out later this summer. According to Chris's New Year's Message, the Narrator's Kit will be coming next, then the Peril at King's Landing adventure, and then the campaign guide.

You can read more about it here: http://greenronin.com/2009/01/a_new_yea ... he_p_4.php
B Evil Kirby
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby vegaserik » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:12 am

Anyone know a time frame on the Narrator's kit? The GM screen with the wall on it sounds pretty cool.
vegaserik
Bystander
Bystander

Re: okay, and now we need the campaign guide

Postby Claudius » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:54 am

VanMaddle wrote:We have the rpg but i think we need the campaign guide.

I admit my itch has receded a little, but when I'm done reading the corebook (and I hope I'll be able to run a game) we'll want more! :D

It`s difficult to play the game without references.

Luckily we've got the novels! I know, novels don't present a setting in a gameable format, but until the time comes when the campaign book gets published, we'll have to make do with westeros.org and similar sites.

because... how really good is Tywin in Warfare? or Tyrion in Deception? How many Power has Tarly House?

That kind of thing doesn't interest me much, when I run a game I want to be the one who decides how much Warfare or whatever an NPC has. I hope they don't include stats for characters on the novels and they use the space for something more useful for gaming. But that's me an my tastes.

hello to everyone. I`m a George rr martin fan and role playing gamer from spain.

Greetings! I'm a Martin's fan, a gamer, and a Spaniard too. :D
Claudius
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Jon Snow » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:46 am

I would like to have stats of all the major players myself. It would save a lot of work and I can always make adjustments if I feel I need to (I may post my version of Jaime Lannister later :D )

Something else I would really like to see in the campaign book that I hadn't thought about until I got my hands on the core book is a House statblock (like you see on p 116) for a lot of the significant houses.
Winter is coming
Bonds of Blood and Honor
Jon Snow
Devotee
Devotee

Postby NiallNai » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:45 pm

While I know nothing about it, I bet house stat blocks will be in there.
NiallNai
Bystander
Bystander

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG