release date on other books?

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

release date on other books?

Postby tumbleweed664 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:29 pm

so, having digested a large portion of the core book, i am immeadiately hungry for more :)

do we have any idea when the campaign guide, the adventure, or the narrator kit are being released?

i am especially interested in the campaign guide, seeing how book characters are statted up would be helpful for making my own characters (personally, i'm confused about Status levels and what they represent, and i think seeing other characters to compare would help).

on a related note, is this a limited line (i.e. no more books after the three planned), or is green ronin planning to continue to release supplements?

thanks for any info!
tumbleweed664
Bystander
Bystander

Re: release date on other books?

Postby jkiley » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:02 pm

tumbleweed664 wrote:on a related note, is this a limited line (i.e. no more books after the three planned), or is green ronin planning to continue to release supplements?

Well I am developing at least one book beyond those that have been announced, so I can say with certainty that there are more than just the announced books.

jk
jkiley
Bystander
Bystander

Postby tumbleweed664 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:30 pm

Awesome. I wonder what the additional books will explore... Maybe a bestiary, or a guide to the Free Cities (if the Campaign Guide doesn't cover them). Or a guide for setting games during alternate time periods?
tumbleweed664
Bystander
Bystander

Postby vegaserik » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:28 am

I'd love a setting book describing different time periods like Robert's Rebellion or the Greyjoy Rebellion, maybe the Blackfyre Rebellion.

Books on The Night's Watch and wildlings and one on Magic would be cool. Maybe a sourcebook for each of the novels that give a few adventure ideas and stats for the various character for that novel.

I'm looking forward to see what Green Ronin has in store for us!
vegaserik
Bystander
Bystander

Re: release date on other books?

Postby warden » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:03 am

jkiley wrote:
Well I am developing at least one book beyond those that have been announced, so I can say with certainty that there are more than just the announced books.

jk

Perhaps a Knight's Watch/Wildling sourcebook? :lol:
warden
Bystander
Bystander

Postby NiallNai » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:18 pm

I know that I would love a guide book on the Free Cities. My only concern about that is that there may not be enough "official" information to support it.

As for a bestiary: I don't know if there are enough unusual creatures to warrant it. So far as I can remember, the only odd things we have encountered are giants, wights, Cold Ones, and dragons. While spirits have also made an appearance, it seems more tied to a spell than free floating phantasms. Most other creatures just seem to be creatures from our world with unusual names. Lizard lions seem to be gators.
NiallNai
Bystander
Bystander

Postby warden » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:25 pm

What I believe they might do is if they get enough positive feedback on the system is release a generic edition similar to True20 with generic sourcebooks, such as a book on magic, a bestiary, etc. which will at least help the system grow between ASoFaI supplements. I'd buy them if they went this route...
warden
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Ser Barristan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:52 am

I'd really like to see the following book:

- A book on the Noble Houses. This could stat out some of the minor houses (I imagine the Campaign Guide will do this for the major/popular houses) and expand upon creating and running a house. I'd like to see more ways to improve/grow your house. How about allowing a member of the Iron Islands (Greyjoy) the option to raid via warship to improve their Wealth. The books certainly portrayed them at times as having a pirate mentality.

This could also introduce more Kingdom specific military units. Greyjoy warships operate entirely different from Tyrell warships. I'd also like to see rules for single warship combat. For example - if running a Greyjoy game (which I am) I would really like to see rules for ship-to-ship combat.

You could add - The Kingsguard, Rainbow Guard, Goldcloaks ect.
Ser Barristan
Bystander
Bystander

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG