Big selection of adventures key to success

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

Postby Zapp » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:25 am

Siroh wrote:The thing that intrigues me about Paizo's Pathfinder setting is the setting itself, and the art direction and concept art for the setting.

Well, I've always found that the very best way of being introduced to a new game world is through adventure. That is, as a role-player I far prefer to have good plots in the adventure format than listed in a campaign book, or written as a regular novel.

What would be really great is if GR could get a few writers (fans?) inspired by GRRMs work (and the maturity of his plots) to create a few adventure campaigns, where the PCs experience the quality world first-hand.

Siroh wrote:What I'd want is a campaign book

And you shall certainly have it. I'm talking about adventures in addition to "The Book of Plots & Places".

Books you'd buy when you don't have the time (or drive) to start with a bunch of NPCs, but would like a professional writer to come up with the plots for you. SIFRP to me isn't the game where you slaughter random critters, so well-written stories written in adventure form would be an excellent addition to the game line! :)
Zapp
Super Poster
Super Poster

Postby Siroh » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Zapp wrote:
Siroh wrote:What I'd want is a campaign book

And you shall certainly have it. I'm talking about adventures in addition to "The Book of Plots & Places".

Books you'd buy when you don't have the time (or drive) to start with a bunch of NPCs, but would like a professional writer to come up with the plots for you. SIFRP to me isn't the game where you slaughter random critters, so well-written stories written in adventure form would be an excellent addition to the game line! :)

Actually what I meant by campaign book is a collection of scenarios, a complete campaign. The campaign guide is a sourcebook, this is a big adventure book, but I'd still rather have something loose than something rigid.

I really want to know what level of detail you are shooting for? If the forum members contribute to some sort of adventure collection, and you're the audience, what are you looking for?
Siroh
Cohort
Cohort

Previous

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG