Got my copy today!

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Got my copy today!

Postby warden » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:34 pm

Well folks, I got a call from my local gamestore telling me they got the copy of ASoIaF I ordered, so I went on my way to work to pick it up. Looks interesting so far (just wish it was a bigger book with more stuff packed in). I will be posting a mini review with my thoughts later, in the meantime if anyone has any general questions feel free to post them here.

Warden
warden
Bystander
Bystander

Postby tumbleweed664 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:36 pm

I also got my pdf copy and am willing to answer questions people may have about the contents of the book.

Once more people start getting it, I think it oculd be fun to have a thread where people post up their noble houses. Looking over that section it seems like a lot of fun (though I haven't delved too deep into the crunch yet).
tumbleweed664
Bystander
Bystander

Postby LordofSaxony » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:52 pm

I got my PDF copy late last night, I think they were having a little issue with the store, but eventually I was given a download link. I stayed up till 6am (oops lol) reading the thing, and it's looking pretty good! Now I just have to wait for the (2) books that I ordered to be shipped to me, yay!
LordofSaxony
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby warden » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:52 pm

tumbleweed664 wrote:I also got my pdf copy and am willing to answer questions people may have about the contents of the book.

Once more people start getting it, I think it oculd be fun to have a thread where people post up their noble houses. Looking over that section it seems like a lot of fun (though I haven't delved too deep into the crunch yet).

Yeah, that and mass combat look pretty cool. I am taking my time reading the book, trying to enjoy it. I am impressed so far though...
warden
Bystander
Bystander

Postby hedgewizard » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:26 am

Does anyone know if GR sends out shipping notices? I put my order in a handful of days ago, received the confirmation, but haven't seen a ship notice. I am debating picking up the PDF too, but I hesitate if I am getting the book in the next few days...
hedgewizard
Cohort
Cohort

Postby _x_ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:24 am

I have some questions:

-Are faceless men playable?
-What about wargs?
-Are there house words qualitiies? (such as "ours is the Fury" like the house word feats from the GoO version of the rpg)
-What kind of qualities are there (how are they grouped) and how many are you allowed to take? Any examples of cool qualities would be grat.
-How are NPC's generated?
-tourney rules?
_x_
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Kilted Raven » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:50 am

- Are faceless men playable? - No.
-What about wargs? - You mean Direwolves? Stats in the creature section.
-Are there house words qualitiies? (such as "ours is the Fury" like the house word feats from the GoO version of the rpg) - No, but there are bloodline advantages for Andals, First Men etc. House location does modify your House stats though.
-What kind of qualities are there (how are they grouped) and how many are you allowed to take? Any examples of cool qualities would be grat. - Far too many to list here. Grouped into types : Ability, Fate, Martial, Social and Heritage Qualities. Big section of the book.
-How are NPC's generated? - Same as PCs, smaller statblock. Samples given in the creature section.
-tourney rules? - Yes. Jousting, Archery, Melee, rules for hosting etc.
Kilted Raven
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby _x_ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:56 am

Thanks for the reply!

And when I say wargs, I mean wargs not direwolves. Examples of wargs: Varamyr sixskins, jon snow, robb stark, bran stark, arya startk, rickon stark and sansa stark. These are ppl who can warg into their animals and wear their skins.

Also, what types of magic is there? Any red priest magic?
_x_
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Kilted Raven » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:11 am

_x_ wrote:Thanks for the reply!

And when I say wargs, I mean wargs not direwolves. Examples of wargs: Varamyr sixskins, jon snow, robb stark, bran stark, arya startk, rickon stark and sansa stark. These are ppl who can warg into their animals and wear their skins.

Also, what types of magic is there? Any red priest magic?

Oh, Skinshifters. Yes, there's rules for them. Magic is handled by Qualities, so it's quite an investment. Currently seems limited to just the second sight/skinchanging side of things though, nothing for the other religions.
Kilted Raven
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby NiallNai » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:00 am

I got mine on Friday. Just in time for the weekend. I'm glad it came because I had it sent to my job and if it didn't, I would have been bookless for the weekend.

I just want GR to know that I think that it is awesome. I liked it so much I email GRRM and told him so too.
NiallNai
Bystander
Bystander

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG