quick start rules

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

quick start rules

Postby Mastarman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:07 am

hello
it seems i miss the good day to get the rules.... i don't find the quick start rules, anybody knows where i can't find them, is it too late..???
it seems that there is an adventure with pregen character.??
Mastarman
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Patchface » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:59 am

SIFRP homepage wrote:You'll be able to get your first taste of A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying on Free RPG Day (June 21, 2008). On this day Green Ronin is giving away thousands of free Quick-Start rules for the game at participating retail stores. After that we'll be releasing the Quick-Start as a free PDF as well.

You did miss Free RPG Day, but the free pdf version should become available for downloading soon.

How soon? As far as I know, no official release date for the Quick-Start pdf has been announced as of yet, but there are rumours floating around on this board that it should be available within one or two weeks.
Patchface
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby _x_ » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:17 am

Actually Chirs Pramas (owner of Green Ronin) confirmed on these baords (general discussion forum) that the rules would be available in 2 weeks from free rpg day, in response to my query regarding this.

So basically, its harder to get anymore official than that. :)
_x_
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby morbiczer » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:31 pm

_x_ wrote:Actually Chirs Pramas (owner of Green Ronin) confirmed on these baords (general discussion forum) that the rules would be available in 2 weeks from free rpg day, in response to my query regarding this.

Than it should come out this week!
morbiczer
Bystander
Bystander

Postby _x_ » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:58 pm

Yep, by the very end. (i.e. either saturday or sunday, whichever day the free rpg day was on)
_x_
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Patchface » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:29 am

The prince that was promised has arrived already!

http://greenronin.com/

Now that's what I call an official announcement!

If you'll excuse me, I've got some reading to do... :D
Patchface
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Skyman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 pm

The quickstart is very cool, it's gotten me quite excited about the game. I still have a couple of concerns with the injury rules but they're minor, and I'll wait to see the full game and how it runs before passing judgment.

Pretty much everything I've seen looks awesome, and it's got me working on campaign ideas.
Skyman
Bystander
Bystander

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG