What are some ASIFRP products you'd like to see?

Talk about Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire RPG, based on George R.R. Martin's best-selling fantasy series. Winter is here!

What are some ASIFRP products you'd like to see?

Postby TheSmilingKnight » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Now that I've learned the game system and start planning my campaign, I've continued buying various pieces to help with the presentation of the game. I bought the Narrator's Board, and it is a nice screen with lots of usual information (although a reward chart would be nice) but I can't help but think of other items that I personally would buy.

My group is pretty heavy on miniature usage, so I've picked up some new hero minis from Wizard of the Coast's D&D collections as well as new tile sets for the board. It's been pretty simple integrating them into the game, but I wish there were some official ASIFRP items. There are the Dark Sword miniatures from the GRRM Masterworks line (http://darkswordminiatures.com/mainwebs ... e2GRRM.htm) but they are sold unpainted and I'm not a sculpting hobbyist. I think more realistically though would be TerraClips sets like WorldWideGames (http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/in ... genre_id=1). They can be sold in PDFs and assembled by the customer. I think sets for some of the major locations in ASIFRP like the Red Keep and Castle Black would be extremely popular, and I know they'd bring a great level of authenticity to my campaign that D&D tile sets just can't match.
TheSmilingKnight
Bystander
Bystander

Re: What are some ASIFRP products you'd like to see?

Postby Tedric » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:33 am

I'd rather hav the 2nd edition of the game distributed in Belgium. I'll consider derivated products after :P
Tedric
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby killjoy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:21 pm

some sort of battle/terrain map and pieces to represent units for large scale combat...cardboard would work fine.
killjoy
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby ceranko » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:57 pm

I thought the campaign Starter was awesome. But I'd like to see more adventure books with more ASOIAF adventures in them. The House adventure ideas are great but most players are going to be on the adventuring side of the fence I think. Being a true fan of Westeros, I hate playing in the current timeline, so I like to base my games in earlier eras.

Old Valyria A guide to the age of The Dragon Empire
A guide to Essos and the free cities
Maegor the Cruel and the Sept Insurrections
The Age of Conquest Aegons Campaign Sourcebook
The Dance With Dragons Era Sourcebook-About the first Targaryen Cival War
Braavos Sourcebook
Age of Legends - Mythic Westeros
Kings, Guildmen,Hedge Knights, Scoundrels and Courtiers NPC Book
The Blackfire rebellion Era include the Dunk and Egg
War of the Ninepenny Kings
Sorcerers and Blood mages-Magic in the world of ice and fire, Magic of the old gods, children of the forest, sorcery and Blood magic.

Each of these would be good with adventure hooks. And fans of the books would buy these just for the information.
ceranko
Cohort
Cohort

Postby ceranko » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:13 pm

The Ruins of Old Valyria and the Boiling Sea
Adventure book A certain Merchant Lord has contracted the players / house to journey to Old Valyria map it and recover its treasures. This book could have adventures seeking through ancient ruins and exploring the ruins of the islands of ancient Valyrian cities, What could possibly lurk in those ruins? What treasures could be found? What caused the destruction of the Valyrians? This would be perfect for an adventure sponsored by the citadel of Maesters as well. The PC's are sent to find out with rewards being lands property and titles and untold wealth or death. Awesome!

Dragon Eggs, Fireworms, Undead Spirits, Valyrian Weapons! Sea Serpents, Demons, Mad Sorcerers, Cool forgotten magic, ancient lost tomes, Pirates! ect!

Read it and weep you know you want to write this one!
ceranko
Cohort
Cohort

Postby ceranko » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Beyond the Wall

The Valley of the Thenns home to a bronze age kingdom of wildlings, hard and unkneeling. But what lurks around their secluded valley? Men of the Thenns have to prove themselves in their coming of age ceremony, to carry a sword and be considered a Thenn you must go beyond the mountains safety and kill a foe in some daring deed and live to tell the tale, that's how heroes are made and dead heroes tell no tales. Many come back with wives, some with the heads of their enemies but some come back with scars and tales of horror and bloodshed.Still more never return. What lurks beyond the Valley of the Thenns?
Cannibals, Ice Spiders, Others, Children of the Forest, Giants, The Children of Grendal and Gorne, Grumpkins, Squishers, Ancient ruins, The Childrens secrets, Ironborn raiders, Tyroshi slavers, Squads of Knights watchmen, Ect.
ceranko
Cohort
Cohort

Postby TheSmilingKnight » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:15 am

While I certainly would like more campaign guides, until the book series ends too much is left intentionally mysterious for everything to be revealed in the RPG. Hopefully The World of Ice and Fire companion book will reveal some more on the history. Anyway, I don't think seperate products for all of those would be wise. I think I would break it down like this:

Historical Setting Campaign Guide
A full guide dedicated to providing narrators with characters and houses from eras in ASIF from the Age of Heroes to the end of the Blackfyre rebellion. Focuses in particular on the Long Night, the Andal and Rhoynar invasions, the Doom of Valyria and Aegon's Conquest, the Dance of the Dragons and the time of Dunk & Egg. This would include character stats for Aegon, his sisters, Duncan the Tall, Bloodraven and many more, as well as house stats for the Targaryens on Dragonstone prior to Aegon's Landing. Importantly provides a templates for dragons in different parts of their life cycle, and stats for named dragons like Balerion the Black Dread, as well as rules for dragon riding.

Free Cities and Slaver's Bay Campaign Guide
A companion guide for characters and houses hailing from across the Narrow Sea and in the Summer Islands. Provides rules for player houses as sellsword and merchant companies with holdings in Essos, or even a dothraki horde. Also contains character stats for major individuals ly Illyrio Mopatis, Khal Drogo and his bloodriders, the tattered prince and the various Harzoos of Slaver's Bay. Templates for NPCs fill the cities with characters like water dancers. Provides new qualities unique to characters from these parts of the world. Lastly provides new rules for travel by ship and naval warfare, to help characters and armies move between continents.

No Man's Land Campaign Guide
A guide dedicated to the places in the world that most people only know of through legend. Provides stats for creatures in Sothyros, the Shadow, the Smoking Sea and the Lands of Always Winter. Provides difficult sample campaigns for each of these settings around searching for powerful magical objects. Includes rules for sorcery and a templates for shadowbinders, warlocks and other spellcasters.
TheSmilingKnight
Bystander
Bystander

Postby coldwind » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:30 am

ceranko wrote:The House adventure ideas are great but most players are going to be on the adventuring side of the fence I think.

Really? That's not been my experience at all. To each his own, I guess.

That said, I like many of your ideas. Regional sourcebooks are the way to go, in my opinion, particularly if 1. You can get one per realm, and 2. You can showcase some of the history of the area so that historical games become more feasible.

Not sure if Carriker knows (or can even tell us), but does Green Ronin expect to be able to use any of the upcoming A World of Ice and Fire book Martin is working on with westeros.org? With all the fictional history Martin is writing for it, there's bound to be tons of seeds for adventures, benefits, and other such newness.
coldwind
Aficionado
Aficionado

Postby AGlumSon » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:04 am

killjoy wrote:some sort of battle/terrain map and pieces to represent units for large scale combat...cardboard would work fine.

I recommend buying "Battles of Westeros" core set (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_ ... p?eidm=105). It is a fun game and it can be used to great effect for the SIFRP large scale combat!
AGlumSon
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Gurkhal » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:26 pm

As have been mentioned by many region books would be great for the game, and possibly some form of Armoury book. And just like the Night's Watch has gotten its book I wouldn't mind a book on the Citadell or the Faith to be honest.
Gurkhal
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Claude Luster » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Definitely agree with a lot that people have been posting. I'd love to see some regional books, definitely some sourcebooks for across the Narrow Sea. I'll take whatever I can get!
Claude Luster
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zorbeltuss » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:16 pm

I'd like a book that deals exclusively with house mechanics, and then with various hooks and ideas for house interactions.
Zorbeltuss
Devotee
Devotee

Postby DaimosofRedstone » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Zorbeltuss wrote:I'd like a book that deals exclusively with house mechanics, and then with various hooks and ideas for house interactions.

I second that.
DaimosofRedstone
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

Postby nakraal » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:03 am

1. Most importantly a book enriching domain actions.

2. A book like the Chronicle Starter for the existing houses of Westeros. Something like an Encyclopedia of the houses with stats and descriptions of houses and family members.
nakraal
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Zorbeltuss » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:05 am

The problem with that is that the existing house system doesn't work for Manderly, Florent, Frey and higher ups.
Zorbeltuss
Devotee
Devotee

Postby nakraal » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:52 am

I dont mean great houses but minor and lesser major. Those that a Narrator should populate the gaming region with. The greater overlords are usualy background houses (at least at my games, I suppose for most).
nakraal
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Daerys » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 am

A campaign set : I mean ten or more minor house with domain, diplomatic relation, feudal bound. A puzzle where you can place the house of your PC, completing the book would be the evolution, how the relation between the hous will evolve, the event ...
Daerys
Bystander
Bystander

Postby AGlumSon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:21 am

Daerys wrote:A campaign set : I mean ten or more minor house with domain, diplomatic relation, feudal bound. A puzzle where you can place the house of your PC, completing the book would be the evolution, how the relation between the hous will evolve, the event ...

If only there was such a thing... *cough* Chronicle Starter *cough*....

Seriously though, everything you seem to want is in there, except maybe for how the relations between houses evolve.
AGlumSon
Bystander
Bystander

Postby nakraal » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:51 am

Yes but there is aneed for new houses and maybe several from the books.
nakraal
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Daerys » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:51 am

It's a start...

I would prefer something more generic and with more possibility...
More house, more relation...
And the how the relation evolve is for me the more important, making the world around the house of the characters evolve is one of the more difficult thing, and it take a lot of time between play to make it living and not artificial.
Daerys
Bystander
Bystander

Return to A Song of Ice and Fire RPG