Any chance of Pathfinder versions of Advanced Bestiary?

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Any chance of Pathfinder versions of Advanced Bestiary?

Postby thundershot » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:07 am

I quit D&D a couple years ago (4E burnout) and just got back into it with Pathfinder, and I'd LOVE to have the Advanced Bestiary updated and adjusted for the PF rules. Ditto for Book of Fiends.

And the Freeport Trilogy.

Any chance of these?

Thanks
Chris
thundershot
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Any chance of Pathfinder versions of Advanced Bestiary?

Postby Pramas » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:04 pm

There's a chance but PF support is not our biggest priority right now.
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby dracomancer » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:28 am

I hate to be a thread necromancer, but I would also like to throw my support behind an updated version of the Advanced Bestiary for Pathfinder. I love this book and have used it quite frequently in my campaings, and with the phenomenal success of Frog God Games/Necromancer Games' recent Tome of Horrors Complete for Pathfinder I think there is a good market for an updated version. Especially given Paizo's prolific use of Advanced Bestiary templates in their Adventure Paths.

Just my two cents
dracomancer
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 am

Sadly, I'm VERY far from being an expert on Pathfinder, so I can't offer my help with updating the Freeport Trilogy to that system as I did for v.3.5.
timemrick

Postby Darkholme » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:40 pm

Hmm. It mostly seems to be a handful of different design philosophies from 3.x.

> There is a minimum HD Based on your BAB (d6 for 1/2 bab, d8 for 3/4, d10 for 1/1).
> Nothing Costs XP.
> Many game mechanics work slightly differently (though its all readily indexed and easily searchable on d20pfsrd.com)
> No dead levels.
> When guaging the power of an option, "Core is King" IE balance your options against the corebook, not against the entirety of the PF line. Its supposed to reduce power creep.
> Prestige Classes are for specific and unusual builds, not for normal builds. Generally things like joining a specific mage guild or the pathfinder society etc. Pretty much no generic Prestige classes (there are a couple to allow for effective multiclassing when the multiclass rules would give you a crap character otherwise, along the lines of Mystic Theurge).
> Instead of Prestige classes, you're encouraged to stick to base classes, and they reward staying in one class all the way up. They added archetypes (swap out X class abilities for X alternate class abilities.)
> Slight increase in the power of player races.
> and the Guidelines for Monster CRs are given in Bestiary 1. there's a big table. Its not as specific as I'd like, but its much better at pegging CRs than the wotc method of pick a number, playtest, pick a new number.
> Few things are immune to sneak attack or critical hits now.

Thats most of the stuff, other than lots of little changes, like how X feat works or something.
Darkholme
Bystander
Bystander

Postby memorax » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:53 pm

Add me to the list as someone who would love to see AB updated to PF standards as well as their older D20 products.
memorax
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby gbonehead » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:22 am

More Thread Necromancy

I also would *love* to see Advanced Bestiary updated.

And I bet if you guys, like Frog God, used the Kickstarter strategy, you'd also see far more support than you might expect :)

-b
gbonehead
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pramas » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:53 pm

You can help make it happen but you've only got two hours to do so!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/178 ... sts/442528
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby dracomancer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:41 pm

Wish I would have seen this before the Freeport kickstarter ended. I certainly hope that a PF version of the Advanced Bestiary is still on the board as a future kickstarter for you guys. It is certainly one that I would back
dracomancer
Bystander
Bystander

Postby DeeJack » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:58 pm

The Advanced Bestiary is published by Green Ronin. It is a nicely designed monster book of primarily templates (I want to say all templates, but I can't say that for sure) which Paizo used (since OGL and all) for monsters a bunch modules and APs.
DeeJack
Bystander
Bystander

Return to General Discussion