Pre-Orders & PDF's

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Pre-Orders & PDF's

Postby flyingcircus » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:54 am

OK, I didn't mind the DCA pre-order deal but now it seems that every GR pre-order now is going to this $5 pdf BS, why? When they use to be FREE in the deals. Holy Frak!

GR gets a taste for money and they start looking like WoTC or Games Workshop. :x
flyingcircus
Dabbler
Dabbler

Re: Pre-Orders & PDF's

Postby Pramas » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:21 am

See here for your answer:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8836
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby Nikchick » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:10 am

Something Chris didn't touch on in his Hows and Whys post is the $1000+ Green Ronin got socked for in bandwidth overage fees for all those additional "free" downloads.

Since we're not Wotc or Games Workshop but a company made up of half a dozen people, we run our operation on a budget much more like that of a large family unit than a multinational corporation. I don't know any families who wouldn't have a little heart attack if their phone bill suddenly tripled or they had to make an extra mortgage payment without notice, and they'd certainly do whatever they could to avoid having something like that happen again. I essentially said what my mom used to say: "Close the door, we're not paying to heat the whole outdoors!"

As the Mean Ronin (and resident bean counter) I'll take the blame for insisting on charging a modest price for our PDFs if people insist on assigning blame.
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Illiani » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:28 am

Nikchick wrote:more like that of a large family unit than a multinational corporation.

Does that make Chris "the Don"? :P
Illiani
Groupie
Groupie

Postby magall » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:58 am

Nikchick wrote:
more like that of a large family unit than a multinational corporation.

Illiani Wrote:
Does that make Chris "the Don"? :P

Well, i never saw the free offer, so $5 pdf for a book i was ordering anyway seem like a "offer i could not refuse"

I can see how people could get upset by seeing it offered for free and then seeing it for $5, but the reality is GR needs to stay profitable so they can stay in business, so i say those that are trying to compare GR to larger companies....Tuff!

As the great Muhammad Ali said (or maybe said) "Those who hesitate end up in the horizontal position" or in this case out $5.

So the $0 PDF was a great deal, the $5 PDF is a good and fair deal and it allows GR to publish more product, sounds good to me....

so when is DA Set 2 coming out? :D

Mark G.
magall
Bystander
Bystander

Postby flyingcircus » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:25 am

Well its about time somebody stands up and takes the bullet!

Just kidding, sometimes a simple explanation is the best thing, instead of a long winded one. :wink:
flyingcircus
Dabbler
Dabbler

Return to General Discussion