New M&M 3rd Edition

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Moderator: Super Moderators

New M&M 3rd Edition

Postby MarkusCryst » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:13 pm

I didn't see this anywhere else, and I'm new to the forums (obviously).

I signed up because I had a specific question I could not find an answer for.

Is the new 3rd edition of M&M backwards compatible with older editions (specifically 2nd)? I bought all the books and PDFs I could for that edition, and I'd hate to lose that money.

It was part of what drove me away from WotC when 4e came out, and White Wolf with their nWoD. I hate dropping hundreds of dollars more on the same "new" thing. I'd love to see a backwards compatible edition where I can use my old stuff, while new stuff comes out.

Thanks!
MarkusCryst
Bystander
Bystander

Re: New M&M 3rd Edition

Postby Cobalt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:14 am

I am guessing, and this is only a guess, but with M&M 1-2e being based on the Open License Agreement, that 3e will look very much like the new DC Adventures game, which does appear similar to M&M 2e, but not 100% compatible.

The only thing I am using in making these statements is the couple of character sheets that they have posted already. I could be completely off, but I think, considering that GR got their hands on such a great license, that they will publish other material using the same rules set.
Cobalt
Bystander
Bystander

Re: New M&M 3rd Edition

Postby Pramas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:44 am

M&M3 and DC Adventures share the same rules engine, so if you've seen DC, you've seen M&M3. M&M3 is much more of an evolution of M&M2 than D&D4 was of D&D3. Folks who have DC are already busy converting over older characters and it's not that hard. That said, it's not the case that you can just take a M&M2 stat block and use it as is.
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Return to General Discussion