Mutants and Mastermind game question

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Mutants and Mastermind game question

Postby Monly » Tue May 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Hi guys. I recently learned of green ronin and their company. I wanted to know if Mutants and Mastermind can be played with only 2 players(GM and one player)? I ask this because my girlfriend is a big superhero fan and I showed her this game and told her she can roleplay a superhero and she got a little interested. She is specially a DC universe fan but until the DC Adventures book becomes available I will have to go with Mutants and Mastermind. Anyways, can it be played with only 2 players? Thanks in advance ^___^
Monly
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Katowice » Wed May 12, 2010 8:58 am

Since it's a role-playing game, yes, you could play with just a GM and one player. You, as the GM, would have to assume the role of all the other characters, but it's doable. Your campaign style would probably be like a Batman or Superman comic, which focuses on the one main character.
Katowice
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Monly » Wed May 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Katowice wrote:Since it's a role-playing game, yes, you could play with just a GM and one player. You, as the GM, would have to assume the role of all the other characters, but it's doable. Your campaign style would probably be like a Batman or Superman comic, which focuses on the one main character.

Do I need anything else besides the second edition book? Does the core rulebook contains everything I need? Settings, campaigns/adventures and a bestiary? Do I need a mat for combat?(Which I have one) I got dice though :P
Monly
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Shadowchaser » Wed May 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Monly wrote:
Katowice wrote:Since it's a role-playing game, yes, you could play with just a GM and one player. You, as the GM, would have to assume the role of all the other characters, but it's doable. Your campaign style would probably be like a Batman or Superman comic, which focuses on the one main character.

Do I need anything else besides the second edition book? Does the core rulebook contains everything I need? Settings, campaigns/adventures and a bestiary? Do I need a mat for combat?(Which I have one) I got dice though :P

You'll need paper, pens, pencils, and a d20 for each of you. The Core Rulebook has a nice bestiary, lots of character templates, and an introductory adventure. You may need to set the power level higher for a single character (say, PL 12 instead of 10), but you should be able to muddle through. As for a setting, if you need one, I can't help but plug Steve Kenson's "Freedom City: Second Edition" book, which is a spectacular Supers setting. Aside from that, you really don't NEED anything.

But you'll want more.

Oh yes, you'll want more....

Happy gaming! :)
Shadowchaser
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Monly » Sun May 16, 2010 6:55 pm

This is a let down now :( I bought already the 2nd edition and its on its way on the mail and now I read about 3rd edition? I am buying DC one anyways. But it's a let down for me :(
Monly
Bystander
Bystander

Re:

Postby flyingcircus » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:47 am

Monly wrote:This is a let down now :( I bought already the 2nd edition and its on its way on the mail and now I read about 3rd edition? I am buying DC one anyways. But it's a let down for me :(

ahhh, don't let it bother you. M&M 2e has been my longest running supers game and still is. It plays great, just use it as your own universe and you'll be fine. The rules aren't that different from 3e now, so get the DCA book when its out and run that as your DC universe and when you want to take a break from DC, you have M&M 2e, besides M&M 2e has allot of extra books to steal from, I have the enire line except for Silver Age, Iron Age & Wild Cards. I have the entire M&M 1e as well, but I am selling that off, cutting back on some books as its kinda like True20 anyhow and I have all that as well. :green:
flyingcircus
Dabbler
Dabbler

Return to General Discussion