Amazon and GR games GONE!

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Amazon and GR games GONE!

Postby flyingcircus » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:25 pm

:o Has anyone else noticed that Amazon has dropped all GR, FFG and Paizo publications from their website, they even cancelled my M&M Silver Age and Supernaturals pre-orders, telling me they were sold out!? WTF the book hasn't even left GR yet has it? I know the SA PDF is up but the books not out, so they lied to me?

Whats going on, maybe someone from GR could answer this.
flyingcircus
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Steve Kenson » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:53 am

It apparently has to do with Amazon temporarily removing buy buttons for all titles distributed by Diamond, which includes our products. It's an internal Amazon decision, so we have no control over it.
Steve Kenson
Green Ronin Publishing
Steve Kenson
Ronin Steve
Ronin Steve

Postby flyingcircus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:49 am

:o I wonder why.... I wonder if they're having a dispute with Diamond Distribution then, they did mention in the email that cancelled my orders that their were wrong price issues as well.
flyingcircus
Dabbler
Dabbler

Postby Pramas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Diamond tells us they are working with Amazon to sort it out. The Green Ronin Online Store is, of course, ready and waiting for your orders. :)
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby deathwolf » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:19 am

why?
deathwolf
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pramas » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:22 pm

FYI, everything is back on sale Amazon.
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby Nikchick » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:48 pm

deathwolf wrote:why?

There was some snafu between Amazon and Diamond (our book trade distributor) that resulted in Diamond's books being listed at ridiculously low prices. I first heard about it when a bunch of comics fans noticed the prices on graphic novels and collections and started a buying frenzy. We didn't actually notice any of our books being affected but heard from other publishers who are also distributed by Diamond that their titles had been affected. As I understand it, the problem was so widespread Amazon had to shut off access to ALL Diamond titles while they and Diamond sorted it out.

Green Ronin and the other publishers were caught in the middle but Amazon and Diamond worked it out within a day or two.
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Jon Snow » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Yep, the A Song of Ice and Fire RPG could actually be had for 14.99. I already have three copies so I couldn't use another, but I did tell a friend about the great bargain.
Winter is coming
Bonds of Blood and Honor
Jon Snow
Devotee
Devotee

Postby dreamwarior » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:51 am

why is it gone?
dreamwarior
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Rhinotaur » Sat May 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Nikchick wrote:
deathwolf wrote:why?

There was some snafu between Amazon and Diamond (our book trade distributor) that resulted in Diamond's books being listed at ridiculously low prices.

Yeah, some hundred dollar priced Marvel hardback collected editions ended up being priced under 10 bucks. All because some one in data entry mistyped a period.
Rhinotaur
Bystander
Bystander

Return to General Discussion