Testament: Celts?

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Testament: Celts?

Postby shadowdragon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Are there any plans to release more books for Testament? I'm interested in using Testament for an ancient mythology campaign I want to run. The core and Trojan War books cover most of the major mythologies I want to include, but a big one that's missing is the Celtic mythology. Is there a chance that a Celtic book will be made for Testament, or am I going to have to make that up myself?
shadowdragon
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Testament: Celts?

Postby Spike Y Jones » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:36 pm

shadowdragon wrote:Are there any plans to release more books for Testament?

This isn't an official answer, but I suspect the answer would be no. Targum (a PDF magazine) publishes Testament-related articles and there's the Hittites supplement from Green Ronin, but that's probably about it.

I'm interested in using Testament for an ancient mythology campaign I want to run. The core and Trojan War books cover most of the major mythologies I want to include, but a big one that's missing is the Celtic mythology. Is there a chance that a Celtic book will be made for Testament, or am I going to have to make that up myself?

Eternal Rome has some information on running Celtic characters, but that's mostly as seen from the Roman perspective -- and there's very little on Celtic mythology in the book.

You could create your own material, but there are also a number of d20 Celtic books (both free and for sale) out there from other publishers you might want to Google for. I haven't read any of them, so I can neither recommend them nor recommend against them, but they at least do exist.

Spike Y Jones, editor, Testament and Eternal Rome
Spike Y Jones
Cohort
Cohort

Postby darkinvader » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:07 pm

what is celts?
darkinvader
Bystander
Bystander

Postby timemrick » Sat May 08, 2010 11:49 am

darkinvader wrote:what is celts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celts

The Romans usually called them Gauls; in the time of Julius Caesar, they primarily lived in what is now France, the Lowland Countries, the UK, and Ireland. Celtic culture (and languages) survived longest in Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
timemrick

Return to General Discussion