private messaging

Here you can discuss and ask questions about upcoming Green Ronin products and anything else that doesn't fit into one of the categories.

Moderator: Super Moderators

private messaging

Postby frog of dhoom » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:09 pm

i have two private messages but whenever i try to open them it says private messaging has been disabled so how do i read them

thanks for the help :D
frog of dhoom
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Insect King » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:42 am

Ditto.

How do I read the messages?

This is irritating. Please answer.

C.
Insect King
Bystander
Bystander

Postby rabindranath72 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:25 am

Same here! It seems there is no way of knowing whether the system works or not before posting the message.
rabindranath72
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Beastman » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:38 am

rabindranath72 wrote:Same here! It seems there is no way of knowing whether the system works or not before posting the message.

Same here...
Beastman
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Akikage » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Yeah, it's irritating. I noticed I got 5 PMs, but can't check them. Any word on what/why this is?

Also, could the disabling of Private Messaging be due to the Fake Virus PM that has been going around?
Akikage
Bystander
Bystander

Postby LegacyKing » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 am

Same, I got an email about a new PM.

What's the issue here?
LegacyKing
Bystander
Bystander

Postby GhostWolf69 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:22 am

I'm guessing they got hacked and some bot is spamming out PMs to everyone. As a security measure they respond by deactivating the Functionality until they have cleaned this mess up.

That's my guess.

I have a PM too... that I cannot read, but I have close to never used this board at all and don't communicate much to any one here so I have no idea who would try to contact me this way.

Let's wait and see.

/wolf
GhostWolf69
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pramas » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:52 pm

That's weird. We are looking into it.
Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
Pramas
Ronin Chris
Ronin Chris

Postby SassyRonin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Very sorry--PMs are disabled on purpose. The PM spammers/phishers were getting out of hand and I need to upgrade the boards. Rather than shut down the whole forum system until I get an upgrade plan in order, I disabled PMs. I intended to post something here, but (clearly) forgot.

If it's any consolation, those PMs you can't read are probably from the spammers, and contain "virus alert" phishing links designed to try to visit their site and install malicious software on your computer.

Once PMs are back up please delete any such messages you see, and report the offending user to directly to me. Do not click links you get in a PM unless you have a very good reason to trust them.

Thanks, and I'm sorry I didn't post something about this when I shut down the PMs.
-Evan
SassyRonin
Triple Secret Administrator
Triple Secret Administrator

Return to General Discussion